General Chat

Then it's not that bad... Periodic BPD isn't bad.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Of course not! X3 I'm fine.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

That's only what we think... But don't worry, we don't care what others think.

You'll have to ask my merciful personality if she'd like that. She can be very... annoying sometimes.

You do NOT want to see what happens when my selfish and merciful side try to fight it out. X3 Oh geez no.

It's a mess.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Eh, I'm a schizoid schizotypal dude, who's too laid back to have any issues with it.

Update, it's actually not the GPU. It's a page file. It keeps getting larger until it's hit 11.8 GB left and then the program starts getting choppy. -.-

I hate this damn laptop.

From what I'm seeing, GTA V is incredibly well optimized. It's capable of pretty much running above 30 fps on a potato.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Retired Forum Moderator

On that subject, Node Studios just got a bunch of new Origins:

FTYAgSOvnX0

I saw Origin Laptops at E3 a few years back when the whole 3D everything craze was at it's strongest. It looked impressive and the 3D on it was actually very well done but beyond that I don't know much about them.

Also I seemed to have fixed the frame drops mostly by putting a limit on my virtual memory(6 gigs max) but every so often I get slight drops, but I'm guessing that's just my low end processor getting mad at shiny busy city. It's nothing like what it was before. I don't even notice it sometimes. I'm guessing it's dropping to a little under 30 on average but once again for no more than a second. That and the window between drops in the city is beyond a minute now.

I can't wait til tax season is over and I can finally build my desktop. Got a friend helping me with that. I'm gonna start backing up my stuff again. This computer is scaring me more and more every day.

Retired Forum Moderator

Also I seemed to have fixed the frame drops mostly by putting a limit on my virtual memory(6 gigs max)

I would recommend putting it at between 12 and 16GB... (just don't let it auto-adjust)

On the topic of computers... sorta. I need new headphones. X3 What do you guys recommend?

The ones I have are good quality. But I swear, they weren't made for my gender. I kid you not. My long hair gets stuck in them every time I try to take them off. Once, my hair was so stuck in it, that the left side of my headphones SNAPPED and its just loosely hanging there now. It goes off a USB port which has been freaking bent so hard because it's hooked up to a laptop, and laptops were designed to be carried everywhere. These headphones were not. And I also think the wiring is broken cause it cuts out if I move it too much. I'm really pissed off.

I just need headphones that I can take with me, and that has a microphone on it. X3 That's all I need. I don't need this shit. Preferably cheap. Something small, compact, headphones.

I want to refrain from ordering online though cause that means I have to wait to get them. I use my laptop a LOT and I REALLY need headphones.

-------

I always go for Behind the neck headsets/phones. not sure if you would be able to find them in stores, cause I always buy mine online.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Apologies for sounding a little cheeky here, but how about tying your hair back? Or does that not help? :P

I need new headphones too. I've Sennheiser HD205's that are now two years old, and are starting to show some serious wear now - maybe because I never put them the protective pouch they came with.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

My hair actually used to get caught in my headset all the time, unfortunately I had to cut it some time later, but I don't really think that's an option for you

the name's riley

With behind the neck ones, you don't have to worry about hair getting caught, at all.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Gonna go get some headphones tomorrow.

Meanwhile, is it WRONG for me to be angry by this? :S

http://i.imgur.com/HrK0AmR.png

Is the stereotypical bible a plain old boring brown paper book?

Are we Christians seen as BORING to you?

Are we not allowed to have our own f*cking trends?

I once had a gorgeous Bible. Every chapter, aaaand... with little devotions and it was just so cute. But ugh. Am I taking this the right way? Am I SEEING this the right way? X3 Cause it's making me angry.

*sigh* Deary me. Or perhaps I am really taking this the wrong way and I've just been corrupted by the ever-going war between religious and non-religious.

-------

I need new headphones too. I've Sennheiser HD205's that are now two years old, and are starting to show some serious wear now - maybe because I never put them the protective pouch they came with.

I went for the 419's, and they are holding up marvelously after 3 years... I even attached a mic to them to turn it into a headset.

Gonna go get some headphones tomorrow.

If you want quality, I recommend Sennheiser. I got and used my HD419's while I had long hair, and never once got my hair stuck in them. (they also have nice soft fuzzy earcups, so that's another bonus for comfort) Sennheiser also makes headsets, but they do cost a pretty penny, if you can find them anywhere except online.

Meanwhile, is it WRONG for me to be angry by this? :S

http://i.imgur.com/HrK0AmR.png

Is the stereotypical bible a plain old boring brown paper book?

Are we Christians seen as BORING to you?

Are we not allowed to have our own f*cking trends?

I once had a gorgeous Bible. Every chapter, aaaand... with little devotions and it was just so cute. But ugh. Am I taking this the right way? Am I SEEING this the right way? X3 Cause it's making me angry.

*sigh* Deary me. Or perhaps I am really taking this the wrong way and I've just been corrupted by the ever-going war between religious and non-religious.

As long as he reads the thing, it doesn't matter. Honestly, I've met 'super sketchy' looking people who were harmless, and overall very nice Christians, so it's not like this is a rare occurrence.

I will admit that some of the comments were obviously people who are prejudiced against any Christian religion, but allowing them to upset you is something you should try to avoid. (turn the other cheek, remember)

I have that same bible, oddly enough. It's probably not that odd. These things are cheap to make, they look nice and are very easy to hand out to college student as they walk to class. That's how I got mine. I'm just glad that someone is trying to promote my religion, cause Lord knows I've never tried to convince anyone.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

I don't bother trying. X3 I know, I should. But I have too many friends that just go "Uh. Hell no. Get away from me." And I'm only comfortable with sharing my religious thoughts to people I know. Half of my friends = Big atheists. Other half = Loyal Christians. Nothing to do here. X3

-------

And then there's me - a steadfast, unmovable Agnostic. Tell me all you want about how Jesus saves, or rant as hard as you like about how it's a corrupt system of control, I refuse to commit to one way of thinking or the other.

I have my thoughts and potential theories about Higher Beings. I love the concept of the Xel'naga from Starcraft. Sometimes I like to think that all of Earth's deities chose sections of the planet to create followings, and they're all up in a cosmic living room seeing how everything's getting on:

Jesus: "Hey Allah, pass us a beer, your guys just formed another terrorist group."

Allah: "Oh for Fuck's sake, not again. What are they called this time?"

Jesus: "ISIS."

Allah: "What?! That's a blatant rip-off of Archer! I love that show!"

Prophet Mohammed: "Hey, at least they're not claiming to be a church, like Westboro."

Judaio-Christo God: "Oh shhh, we don't talk about Fred."

Ganesha: "Whatup homes. Throw some of them peanuts my way."

But yeah, I don't hate religion. I hate what people have done in the name of religion, horrible things that put it in a bad light. It screws it up for everyone else who practice their religion in a positive way. Islamic extremists. Far-right Christian conservatives. Since when did "Love Thy Neighbour" have so many asterisks next to it? God is Love, not an excuse.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I totally agree with Binky - although this conversation would probably fit better into the "Serious Discussions" thread.

I think that preaching shouldn't consist of yelling "Let Jesus/Allah/Buddha/Mentos in your heart, or else you will ROT IN HELL!", instead it should be more "If you want to be a good person and show God that you are a good person, then go out there and be a good person! Help at your local homeless shelter! Do some volunteer work for a good cause! Smile at random people and wish them a good day!"

Also, religion isn't supposed to be a reason to fight, but a reason not to fight! If someone hates you, make them your friend. How else would you get rid of the hate, by killing them? You don't need to be religious to know that's crazy.

Also that Bible... that's another bad way to approach it. You can't make people read it by giving it a "funky new cover, which is totally cool! (Do kids these days still say cool?)". They will read if they want to, and they will want to when they see that it has a positive effect on people. Show them a positive effect!

This Reverend says: Don't spread the word of love, spread love! Be nice! Be happy!