General Chat

I agree that this would best be suited in the Serious Discussions forum and I believe a few already exist there. :P

So I was just marveling at how strange my ADHD meds work. 10 minutes, nothing. half hour, nothing. 1 hour HEY DUDE YOU'RE READY LETS GET TO WORK! Like whoa okay snuck up on me there. The meds themselves don't make me want to work, but they help me focus my attention and that in terms psychs me up enough that I can be productive.

Retired Forum Moderator

Talking of meds, I've been on my meds (Cipramill 60mg daily) for so long I've no idea if they're doing anything for me anymore. All I know is I get withdrawal after two days not taking them. I should really get this sorted out, as it's a little dull, but I'm too laid back/lazy to actually go and do it. Maybe after Uni.

And then maybe after I get a stable career. :P

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I refuse to take meds for my ADHD... My parents tried it exactly once. I don't remember the day, and my parents won't talk about it. (that's enough reason for me)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm supposed to take Iron and Vitamin D tablets but I completely forget about them. X3 Oops.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

So I recently found out stuff about my family history.

My older family heritage lived in places such as Britain, Singapore, China, US and the Middle-East.

It's been through all sorts of religions. X3 Catholic, Christianity, Islam. It's insane.

My face is a mixed breed of everything. XDD I'm the rainbow cake.

My great-great-great(how many ever greats) was the Empress of China. Part of the Ying group. X3 It's hard to remember what I was told. But I'm basically related to royalty in Asia. XD My grandfather made all sorts of planes back in his younger days and his father shook hands with some of the most important people at the time. @w@ I feel so special.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I am a direct male-line descendant of the 18th president of the USA, Ulysses S. Grant. (the name the army forced upon him because they were stupid when he went to West Point, his original name was Hiram Ulysses Grant) My great grandfather on my father's side was a rum runner, and my grandfather built stock cars from scratch. (6 cylinder engines that would consistently be in the top 3 against all V8's)

My mother's side has Norwegian, Irish, and Scottish. (the Norwegian side comes from Viking royalty, but I never found out who exactly)

Genetics have made my parents susceptible to being alcoholics, but I only got the part that lets me tolerate large amounts of liquor.

That reminds me, I'm related to Mary "Author of Frankenstein" Shelley.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The funniest and kinda saddest thing about growing up is that I still want to run around and gush about all the cool things I learn every day but I feel like no one cares anymore or thinks it's weird for an adult to get as hyper and stoked about learning things as I do. Like every day I'm suppressing the urge to run around and shout about how awesome it is that you can freeze liquid nitrogen by evacuating the air out of it's container and how before it freezes it actually boils while dropping temperature. Or how Mercury is so dense that a solid steel ball will float on top of it as if it were a boat on water. Or that water cannot be raised higher than 10 meters via suction or it'll create a vacuum inside the tube which will boil the water at room temperature, and that trees are capable or raising water hundreds of meters without causing that to happen.

God I'm such a nerd.

Retired Forum Moderator

and that trees are capable or raising water hundreds of meters without causing that to happen.

Capillary action at it's finest.

Don't worry, I have the same struggle.

I guess I can announce that as of two weeks ago I am officially married. Other than that I have nothing new with my life.

Have a pretty picture.

Grats!

tumblr_nmngztDFbH1tsxb66o2_250.gif

They've already turned that into a meme?!?

They've already turned that into a meme?!?

The modern day internet's meme efficiency is frightening.

Retired Forum Moderator

The Harlem Shake became a big thing maybe a day or so after the original-original video appeared.

And congrats!

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR