General Chat

So, this might be old news, but is anyone else unable to change their avatar or personal details?

HLPrincess said that it'll be fixed soon. Quote: "

Ross had to neglect many things while he was finishing Freeman's Mind. This issue will be eventually fixed."

I hope it'll be fixed soon. I think I want to change my avatar as well, though I wouldn't mind waiting.

Welp, now what?

So, this might be old news, but is anyone else unable to change their avatar or personal details?

I was the first to report it, but nobody else seems to be confirming it so that the site devs know that it's a site-wide problem instead of just with my system. REPORT ISSUES PEOPLE, OR THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S BROKEN!!!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Well I didn't even know it was an issue until Kyou's post since I change that stuff like once every lifetime.

Retired Forum Moderator

Well now you know, so get over to the site issues thread, and back me up!

Has anyone else here bought something on a whim for pretty much stupid reasons and discovered something really good?

The other day I bought this thing of bagged black tea with vanilla and almond. Normally I wouldn't have even given that a second look because frankly it sounds kinda plain; but I read a short story for a class back in high school, and while it wasn't very good, I was reminded of the cyanide poisoned tea in the story which was described to "taste slightly of almonds". So my reasoning for buying it was, literally in my head, "Heh, I'm gonna buy this cuz cyanide."

For me, how much I like a tea is equal parts flavor and scent. I like to enjoy my tea with both of those senses. :P So when I got home and opened it, the first thing I noticed was that it was quite possibly the BEST smelling tea I've ever had. Even it's flavor is really good. None of the flavors overpower any of the others and to this day it's the only tea I feel is actually complemented by cream and sugar, since all it does is enhance what's there. (normally cream and sugar makes all the teas I try taste like the same thing so I don't use it)

So yeah, I discovered one of the best teas I've had in years and it's all thanks to shitty stories and cyanide!

Retired Forum Moderator

Has anyone else here bought something on a whim for pretty much stupid reasons and discovered something really good?

I don't like trying new things so no. X3 Closest thing I ever get is when someone offers me food and I'll be like; "Free food? Hell yeah!" And that's my only reason for trying something new.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I did. I bought this electric guitar body on a whim because of its price. After taking a look at that guitar's body, I realized if i can buy a neck, and some parts, I can make a DIY guitar to my own specs. I'm roughly 35% finished with it. I still need to paint it, and buy some screws and electronic parts like the pickups etc.

Welp, now what?

Mostly with music - I almost always buy my CDs without listening to any of it beforehand. Most of the time it turns out so-so but occasionally I discover something beautiful and the surprise is half the pleasure!

how much I like a tea is equal parts flavor and scent. I like to enjoy my tea with both of those senses. :P

Aha, another tea drinker! :lol:

Regards

Two cars into this so far... And possibly a motorcycle.

Two laptops as well.

I could probly make a full page list if I could remember all of my purchases from when I was still in school. (my stupid reasons are an order of magnitude smarter than normal people's normal reasons on average)

(my stupid reasons are an order of magnitude smarter than normal people's normal reasons on average)

As always, your modesty is refreshingly delightful! :thumbup:

Regards

Aha, another tea drinker! :lol:

Indeed. :D

I just had another one of those gems for "stupid" reasons. I was browsing Steam looking through whatever they had and I was in the Indie section when i stumbled across Savant: Ascent. It was a dollar on sale and I thought "screw it, I like Savant, and you can't go wrong for a dollar." So I bought it. It turns out it's a Dubstep arcade game with nothing but Savant's music. It's built around high scores and you get new abilities by collecting CD pieces to unlock new tracks you can have playing in the back ground. I've been playing for like half an hour and I love it already. XD

It's got some flaws but I can let it slide. It's literally 2 dollars not on sale. I expected a lot less than what I got for that price.

Retired Forum Moderator

As always, your modesty is refreshingly delightful! :thumbup:

It is isn't it. ;)

Who's interested in watching a random vlog of mine? X3 I'm posting vlogs becaaaause... I have relatives in different places that I know would like to see what I've been doing and what's been happening. And I'm Australian. So I have a weird as accent, especially when I say "Awesome" for some reason. It's mainly an offer to BTG, Binky and Vappy cause they're the people I mostly talk to. XP And it's good to communicate in different ways. Fun as well!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Vlogs are difficult for me with my ADHD (as are podcasts, unedited playthroughs, etc. Basically anything that runs for a long period with a lot of downtime) but I'd be willing to give it a watch if you want me to.

Retired Forum Moderator

Same here. I'd watch your vlog is it's okay with you. Just a thought, any chance we could Skype someday? At least just the six of us (BTG, Vapy, Binky, Jeb_CC, myself, and Rarity)

Welp, now what?

I'd be down for that. I'm not on it much though. As of now I only ever talk to like one person on Skype.

Retired Forum Moderator

:D Hell yeah! That'd be friggin' awesome!!!!! *squeals in excitement*

X3 Sorry. I use Skype 24/7. I love hanging out with my friends. As far as I can tell, Vappy isn't into Skyping and stuff. :( So I don't think he'd be able to join us. But I'm definitely in!!

-------

I haven't used Skype quiet a while myself. I don't know who I can talk to in Skype, except my relatives, but I'd love to give it a try one day.

Welp, now what?