• Gay
    • Lesbian
    • Bisexual
    • Pansexual
    • Asexual
    • Transgender / Genderqueer
    • Attack Helicopter

Sign in to follow this  

What the heck does 'queer' even mean? X3 Surely that's an insult? I'm pretty sure the meaning of this word has changed over the years. I could be terribly wrong. XD

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Pansexual. Selected attack helicopter because why the hell would I not want to be one.

Queer became an insult towards people who as not straight, which I think is stupid because it's a perfectly good synonym for strange. There's definitely been reclaiming of the word in the past several years, but I just want it to go back to meaning strange. Gay can stay being homosexual instead of happy though.

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

'Queer' even sounds like a word that'd be used to describe something strange or odd. I don't want to accidentally start insulting people when I call things 'queer'. XD

X3 Gay doesn't sound like happy though. And I feel bad for the ice-cream company that revolved their name around that. It was so good, up until the point where 'gay' meant homosexual or whatever. XD Now it's just wtf. Released in 1959, sooooo... Bad luck guys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Gaytime

'Stralia. :D

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Honestly, I refer to myself as queer BECAUSE it's supposed to be insulting. There's nothing more deflating to an enemy than using their insults as your own term of pride. Hell, "black" was originally used as an insult towards African Americans, but enough of them started using the word with pride for the meaning to change.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Bisexual and Genderqueer. I don't really care what pronouns are used for me but if it helps general forum consensus seems to be "he" :P

I actually don't really see the word "queer" as an insult. It has absolutely no edge to it.

Retired Forum Moderator

All this is a touchy subject to me. It's the only thing I might accidentally get pissed over. XD So yeah, not gonna go saying anything unless I'm asked.

-------

Nope. Only an attack helicopter.

Same.

In reference to Freeman's Mind:Anon!Show thyself,churl!

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

No idea what to mark. Where's the "Straightish" button? Or the "Straight in theory and practice, but if given the opprtunity I would probably fuck Niel Patrick Harris" button?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Heterosexual ally of LGBT+. My attitude is: So what? You're a Poly Trans Female? Awesome, could you help me move this couch?

James T. Kirk may been very into the ladies, but would his ability as Starship Captain have been any different if he was into the lads?

You can be anywhere on the sexual spectrum, and that's fine. Being a decent, intelligent Human Being is more important to me. And that leads onto a bigger issue that I've covered elsewhere.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

No idea what to mark. Where's the "Straightish" button? Or the "Straight in theory and practice, but if given the opprtunity I would probably fuck Niel Patrick Harris" button?

Bisexual. The thing about bisexuality that most people don't realize is that it's not always an even 50/50 split. Most bisexuals lean to one side (heterosexual) or the other (homosexual). So, if you think you're a heterosexual but would probably go with someone of the same sex or two, you're a bisexual with hetero-leanings.

Myself, I couldn't go with someone of the same sex, even if they were Neil Patrick Harris. It's just not in me. So, I'm straight. But, again, I'm not against any other person's LGBTQ+ grouping. It'd be silly to do so.

Heterosexual ally of LGBT+. My attitude is: So what? You're a Poly Trans Female? Awesome, could you help me move this couch?

100% this.

There's nothing more deflating to an enemy than using their insults as your own term of pride.

Whoa... why assume everyone is your enemy? I am not...

Even though I'm straight. No -ish or maybes or other qualifiers for me...

Now *ducks his head, waits for an angry diatribe from Rarity* - just in case Jeb's dream proves to be clairvoyant :D

Regards

ugh... asexual, transsexual, idc, i just want to talk about games, do art and have fun with that...

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"