Dream Sharing

Hey Everybody,

I recently had a pretty strange dream so when I met up with my friends I told them about it. This led to a 2 hour discussion about weird dreams we've been having lately.

It was a really cool discussion and it gave me a different look into their lives and mind and how they viewed the world. Of course it was really funny with all the strange things we can think up when in a dream state. So what this has been leading to is- in this thread we discuss interesting and/or funny dreams we have so we can entertain each other. Nightmares are also welcome, I think dreams tell us things about how other people think and I'd like to hear what you guys have stored up in your minds.

I do not believe I have had a real nightmare for a long time. I may post my dreams if I can remember them.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I remember one dream from way back when I was like 8 years old... I was riding a yellow BMX bike, that could occasionally float, across various mirrors that were anywhere from about 3 feet square up to 30 foot square, all perfectly horizontal, all in a step patern of anywhere from 1 foot to 3 foot high gaps, never overlaping, black everywhere, a white glowing doorway (think "The Matrix") at the top of the stairs that had my Mom looking out of it asking what was keeping me... Oh, and there was a T-Rex chasing me... Then I slid off the edge of a mirror, and fell for a couple seconds...

When I woke, I was 2 feet off my bed, and I started falling... (I'm serious, it was not a dream part for that, a full 24 inches up, all body parts that far off the bed without anything lifting/supporting me, and still had the blanket draped over me)

I probly shouldn't tell you about one of the more recent ones I remember... Not suitable for under 18, but just as insane... lol

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have a lot of very vivid dreams, and I can usually remember them. Years back, I even started to be able to realize when I was dreaming, and intentionally alter my dream. So I'll share an odd one with you... one that is especially odd because I had the same dream several times.

It starts out I'm at my parents' house. And I can fly, in short jumps. So I fly over a nearby hll, and drop into a valley.

Everything in the valley seems to be tinged grey. The only things there are a stream running through, a dirt road, an old cabin-like house, and the remains of an antique car from around the 1940's. It looks as though the place has been deserted for a very long time.

However, all my senses are on edge. I am not alone in this valley, there is something else there. Something old, and powerful, and evil. And at the same time I realize this, I realize something else. I am not afraid of it. I am a champion, and I am here to KILL it.

I look down at my hands, and they are growing larger. My skin turns a stony slate color. My fingers are talons. Bone spurs are forming on my knuckles, and a large one juts out of my elbow. I run my tongue over my teeth, and they are larger, sharp and pointed.

Something is happening to my back. I feel a pressure, and a tearing, which I just know is the birth of a pair of large, leathery wings.

The evil is behind me. I whirl, snarling a challenge...

...and wake up.

How's that?

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I had a dream once where I was some immortal savior of a random rural family. Every four hundred years I would come back and save them from impending disaster. I got the feeling it was in Scotland or thereabouts.

It's been a while since I had a weird dream... These days it's mostly everyday stuff, work, family. I tend to fly (or at least hover) a lot though... don't know why, but in the dreams it doesn't seem strange.

I like a good nightmare once in a while (zombie related ones are my favorite). It's like watching a horror movie.

I almost never realize I'm sleeping, while in the dream... when I do, it can get really freaky.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I really like when I'm dreaming, but know it, so I can change whatever... Adds quite a lot of cooler stuff to the dream if it's one of the usual boring dreams, and kinda makes my WTF dreams make more sense...

Okay I'll share a really strange one I had last night.

I wake up in my bed, have a shower and get changed. Everything was normal until I left my room, I opened my door and for some reason it opened straight out onto the pavement, my friend was standing there and he said we should go and meet up with my other friend down the road. we walked down and knocked on the door but when it was opened my friends mother was there with a drssing gown put on backwards.

She told us that my friend wasn't there so we walked down to a park to talk, suddenly it became night and for some reason my friend and I were hiding in a bush. A man walked past us and my friend told me to be quiet because he was weird, when he'd walked on by I turned to my friend to ask why only to realise he was gone and I had become a Peacock.

I saw the scary man again so I put a wing to my beak to stop myself from screaming but a wasp appeared in front of me and stung my beak. I screeched and the scary guy smiled and turned towards me, I flew up a tree but hit a branch and fell back down to the ground as a human. The scary man pulled out an axe and said " time to fight " so I pulled a HDMI plug out of my pocket and said " bring it on, I will defeat you and save your daughter " ( I have no idea where this daughter came from). So I start whipping him with my HDMI cable and each time I hit a body part it falls off, he screams as all his limbs are removed " damn your gold plated HD gaming cables!!! ". I look at him and he smiles so I kick him over and I escape with his daughter.

Then for some reason a guy turns us into miniature dogs and we have to find different letters in the alphabet otherwise we will be dogs forever. We find them all but she says she likes being a dog and wants to travel into space. I cry as I see her rocket fly away into space and I know that I'll never see her again.

Then I meet this Russian girl and we live in Russia, her father is that Russian guy from 2012 ( teh movie ). We both hate him so we learn to fly and we fly off to Scotland to see the castles but when we arrive she dissappears and suddenly there is a witch hunting me through the castle passages. It ends when she finds me and drags me to her lair, there she sticks fishing hooks through my skin to hang me from the ceiling and calls her monster made of clay to suffocate me. When it came towards me I woke up in a cold sweat and couldn't sleep for the rest of the night.

That took me a while to write, AccursedFarms better not fail and make me retype this because " this board is not available

I've been recording most of my dreams in the back of my journal in the hopes that soon I will be capable of lucid dreaming.

Such endeavors probably prove rewarding.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I've been recording most of my dreams in the back of my journal in the hopes that soon I will be capable of lucid dreaming.

Believe me, they do. Once you achieve lucid dreaming, it becomes a lot more fun.

Most of the time for me when I realize I am dreaming, I attempt to wake up.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Believe me, they do. Once you achieve lucid dreaming, it becomes a lot more fun.

Most of the time for me when I realize I am dreaming, I attempt to wake up.

I manage to stay asleep, can maintain a dream for up to 12 full hours...

Completely awesome feeling to be able to alter "reality" around you as you desire.

More or less like using the console while playing Fallout 3. ;P

More like being Neo in the matrix combined with the console in DX:IW... At least for me anyways...

Last night I dreamed I was in the back seat of a car going very fast along a coastal highway in Uruguay (don't ask me how, but I knew it was there). We almost crashed several times, so I hid under a blanket and watched as the car kept going faster and faster.

I'm not sure if it means anything

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I have a dream that one day, I'll break the chains of normalcy and be set free to roam the skies and stars, to awe all who gaze upon my glory, and to die knowing that I lived a life beyond your wildest dreams. Oh yeah and at night I had a dream I was trapped in a prison made of peanutbutter!

Also, I never truly dream anymore. I have large cases of Deja vu, some of which are deja vu of a Deja vu moment, so I'm not sure if I'm in a time loop or have phsycic POWA!!!!!!