Games you bought recently

Sign in to follow this  

On 11/24/2020 at 2:51 AM, StrixLiterata said:

Caves of Qud

It is a firm Love/Hate for me: I found it very intresting at first and couldn't stop playing, but then I sort of hit  a wall in that I didn't feel like like doing anything in the game, but even then I still thought about it costantly while not playing it. I unisnstalle dit and will pick it up again after I cleared my head.

immagine.thumb.png.1f7776f3d5bccd170aed0ce32f93a573.png

Hey Hey People.

6 hours ago, centersolace said:

Hey Hey People.

Sseth here!

I don't usually play his sort of games because they have too little story content for my taste, but Caves of Qud looked like it had what I looked for. It does have a bit, but not enough, but I often find new things that keep my interst going.

I think I'll learn to mod it just to add some dialogue and story content which I feel should have been included already.

On 12/5/2020 at 6:42 PM, ultrayoba said:

It is kind of weird buying so many games for so cheap, but it becomes a kind of a tradition for me to buy on sales in GoG games I know and interested in that cost under 1.35USD in my local currency. Some of the games, like Realms of Arkania or Ion Storm was for 0.26$ in local price. Ironically that I care for a lot of these games 100 times more than for a lot of stuff that sold for 60-70$. At the cost of a new big hit game that people preload from hype, you can buy a whole giant library of good classic stuff that will keep you entertained for years.

unknown2.png

unknown1.png

unknown.png

This reminded me I have to play Aquanox some day... It was one of the first games I got on Steam, but never played nor installed it. Iron Storm was kinda like a guilty pleasure for me years ago, but it probably hasn't aged too well now

I watched a stream of Hades and had to buy it (plus the soundtrack). It looks gorgeous!

8 hours ago, capritsuno said:

Iron Storm was kinda like a guilty pleasure for me years ago, but it probably hasn't aged too well now

It was a great experience for a mid-level 00s FPS game. Well, in the end, it becomes meh, but in general, its world and style was really something. This game was aware of who Baron Ungern was, and made him won the Russian civil war, this was awesome lol. The same goes with game general concepts, making these Siberian Russian revolutionary-Mongol soldiers. The game also had voice acting on languages of the enemies, like Russian and german IIRC, it was a cool thing for a time. And some other features like from a third person all weapons you are carrying visible on the player model.

Ironstorm_Stormtrooper.png

Ironstorm_Siberian.png

Baron_ungern.ruem.jpg

Edited by ultrayoba (see edit history)

Deus Ex GOTY edition and Thief 2 & 3 for $3 on GOG. 

Edited by Icebox (see edit history)

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

On 12/13/2020 at 1:59 AM, ultrayoba said:

It was a great experience for a mid-level 00s FPS game. Well, in the end, it becomes meh, but in general, its world and style was really something. This game was aware of who Baron Ungern was, and made him won the Russian civil war, this was awesome lol. The same goes with game general concepts, making these Siberian Russian revolutionary-Mongol soldiers. The game also had voice acting on languages of the enemies, like Russian and german IIRC, it was a cool thing for a time. And some other features like from a third person all weapons you are carrying visible on the player model.

This game had so many cool details... I have to replay it some day

I got a bunch of Piranha Bytes games (Gothic and Risen trilogies plus Arcania) and all the Postal games

Hexen/heretic collection now finnaly  on gog and on a sale. So if you want to garb them this is the good time to do so. (but no heretic 2, sad!)

Also they added planet's edge and zephyr! Now this is the surprise, now gog has almost all New World Computing made/published games

20201222_013502.jpg

Screenshot_20201222-124120_Firefox.jpg

I tried playing planet's edge when it was still available on the collection chamber, but I didn't enjoy it

Burn the World!

2 hours ago, kerdios said:

I tried playing planet's edge when it was still available on the collection chamber, but I didn't enjoy it

Yea, it is... mediocre, more notable for people interested in NWC games in general, like artists and evolution of their style and work. And Zephyr is just crap as game honestly. I just like Jonathan Gwyn art from this era, including MM Xeen games.

jonathan-gwyn-zephyr-cutscenes.jpg

Hexen/heretic collection, Unreal Gold, and Clive Barker's Undying.

GOG has a lot of games on sale for just $1 - $3.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

I played some Unreal Gold as well, as well as some other retro shooters and new "boomer shooters". I discovered I like the interconnected structure of most levels and the tricks that were used to make them look like real places. I also realized that I hate how the later enemies all tend to be tough, agile, and hit hard as well; pick two, dammit! I feel like I'm having no effect while I get slapped aroud!

Battletech and The Outer Worlds.

Conan Exiles with Isle of Siptah, The Imperial East Pack, The Riddle of Steel, Blood and Sand Pack, and the Debaucheries of Derketo Pack.

Sid Meier's Civilization VI, with all DLCs.

Jurassic World Evolution: Premium Edition. ("premium edition" just means all DLCs)

Stellaris. (I have it on Steam, but I bought a copy on GOG for my brother)

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Everspace 2

I liked the first game, but never got around to buying it. It's available as an early access, so I bought it. Looks like they addressed the majority of the issues I had with the original.

They already had the space combat, physics, and controls almost perfect, but what they lacked was depth of the universe. The first game was a linear roguelike, this is an open world looter shooter RPG. I'm looking forward to playing it. (gotta wait for my replacement NVMe so I have a game drive to install it on though)

Oh, and it's DRM free. A big plus for being able to play it forever.

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

Horizon:Zero Dawn

For Honor

ARK:Survival Evolved

Sorry about the purchase of the arch, did not meet my expectations, spent $ 40 and the gameplay for 7 hours.

Edited by RogerBarlow (see edit history)

I picked up Jedi Fallen Order and Nier Automata around christmas, but I haven't played them yet. I'm dedicating myself to finishing all the other shit I was already playing, which included Xenoblade 2, Dark Souls 1, and all four Homestuck games. Even then, I kinda want to wait for the Nier Replicant remaster in April before I jump into Automata.

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)

Star Citizen and Squadron 42.

I know they're a decade from completion, but I can wait.

8 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Star Citizen and Squadron 42.

I know they're a decade from completion, but I can wait.

Have you played them? How are they?

On 3/19/2021 at 4:10 AM, StrixLiterata said:

Have you played them? How are they?

Star Citizen is in an Alpha state. No tutorial whatsoever, and even after reading some "get started quick" guides, it took me over an hour to figure out how to get my ship in orbit. None of the NPCs are scripted yet, apart from a couple with "walk back and forth" animations. Squadron 42 is the singleplayer version, and is nowhere near playable yet.

If this was the final state, I wouldn't buy it for $1.