Random thread

Warning!

Surprisingly enough this is my opinion!

Don't get your mushroom war in a twist!

(Especially since I've only watched enough of the show for it to get on my nerves.)

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Warning!

Surprisingly enough this is my opinion!

Don't get your mushroom war in a twist!

(Especially since I've only watched enough of the show for it to get on my nerves.)

I tried the "stiff upper lip" approach but clearly failed in that endeavour.

You know I wasn't levelling actual criticism at you, right?

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

^actually he was imitating the IHE video openings so I doubt there was much seriousness there :P

Retired Forum Moderator

"Steven Universe" (which is really good)

I've heard good things about Steven Universe. But the art style kept me away from watching it. The art style just looks strange and wonky to me.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

The new cartoon shows kinda annoy me. X3 I feel like they're all trying WAY too hard to be some material that will be talked upon on Tumblr for decades. Old cartoons did whatever they wanted because they're awesome and people didn't care back then what happened. But now, it's like; "For a good show, you now need at least one lesbian couple, three black guys, lots of luvvy duvvy stuff, and a bunch of; "Be accepted" motives."

I mean, being accepted is great and all. But personally it's getting annoying now. It's in every new damn show I know.

Random rant over I guess. XD

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Idunno. Looking back every cartoon I've watched growing up has been roughly that format. Maybe except for the lesbian couples. Even then, most shows don't explicitly have them, it's just tumblr taking everything too far.

As for the LGBT representation in cartoons, funny how the few moments they HINT at in shows is almost exclusively lesbian and never anything like bisexuals or tra- oh my god I'm turning into tumblr.

Retired Forum Moderator

I dunno either. XD I remember shows like... "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy", "Teen Titans", "Ed, Edd and Eddy", I love those kinda shows, it's something new every episode, and at the end of it, it's not everyone loving each other. XP But now it feels like shows today are forcing this; "Everything is perfect" idea onto every little thing they can get their hands on. But that's just me. :P I might be wrong. Most likely I am. XP

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

GOG is like the Oprah of video games.

"You get get a game! And YOU get a game! EVERYONE GETS A GAME!"

I must have only bought like 4 games total yet I have about 20 in my library.

Retired Forum Moderator

I'm with Jeb here, and not just cartoons/shows, but everywhere. Hell it was even in the oscars. I mean "gender correction surgery", really?! [/rant]

No, screw it, rant continues. I've been avoiding Steven Universe because of above reason(s). Same with Undertale. From what I've been told, it was made because the creator, Toby, hates fighting in RPGs (and the lack of diversity in monster design). First of all, if you hate something, don't play/watch/read it! On a side note, don't force your views down people's throats by telling us it's the only way to get the best ending. At least you have the option to watch Steven Universe, and the creators aren't like "if you want to see how it really ends, follow us on Twitter " (okay bad example, but it's all I got ".

I'm fine with games with multiple endings, I'm fine with good/bad endings, just don't make the reason(s) to get the good ending, be connected to your view point.

Take Web of Shadows for example. The ending you get is determined by the actions you take, like beating the crap out of

Electro, or talking some sense into him. Not by avoiding to fight him because "he's still human deep down and you have no right to fight him." Or some shit like that.

You know, I like the show "The Amazing World of Gumball". Not everyone is perfect in that show. Hell there's only one who's seen as perfect, and it gets on Gumball's nerves. There's also the dad, Richard, who's your average fat lazy slob of a dad, like Peter and Homer.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I'm with Jeb here, and not just cartoons/shows, but everywhere. Hell it was even in the oscars. I mean "gender correction surgery", really?! [/rant]
is there something i'm missing here?

No, screw it, rant continues. I've been avoiding Steven Universe because of above reason(s). Same with Undertale. From what I've been told, it was made because the creator, Toby, hates fighting in RPGs (and the lack of diversity in monster design). First of all, if you hate something, don't play/watch/read it! On a side note, don't force your views down people's throats by telling us it's the only way to get the best ending. At least you have the option to watch Steven Universe, and the creators aren't like "if you want to see how it really ends, follow us on Twitter " (okay bad example, but it's all I got ".

I'm fine with games with multiple endings, I'm fine with good/bad endings, just don't make the reason(s) to get the good ending, be connected to your view point.

The reason these kinds of shows get so much attention is because they bring attention with the "tumblr crowd" is because they bring attention to and normalize the groups commonly associated with tumblr. This is huge for the LGBT community in particular because they're still a very marginalized group and this sort of portrayal helps push the younger generation in a more accepting direction. It doesn't apply to you as a LGBT+ person or supporter, so you don't have to like it.

About Undertale, I don't really see any point in trying to convince you at this point, but having actual consequence for killing someone who doesn't need to die doesn't mean the game is shoving pacifism down your throat.

If you don't care about the characters AT ALL and kill each one you come across, you're not gonna care about that "best ending" at all either way.

And idk where you got that info, but Toby Fox was HEAVILY inspired by earthbound and even made mods to the game prior to undertale's creation, in fact undertale originally started out as an earthbound mod project.

The ending you get is determined by the actions you take, like beating the crap out of Electro, or talking some sense into him.

this sums up undertale, keep in mind you never actually bothered to play through the game because you were put off by the fact that murder came with consequences.

the name's riley

Probably less angry than that. (I mean, that doesn't look motherly at all.)

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.