Random thread

QiES9OL.gif

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

You can't spoil quotes apparently

Edit: Should be getting wifi and cable (back) Tuesday.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Oh, my girlfriend. Can she say "I'm cold"? Nope. That'd be too easy. Instead, she phrases it as "My nipples could cut diamond right now." Her phrasing of other mundane complaints is similar in style. At least it's rarely dull speaking to her, even when she's complaining.

EDIT:

She is now going on about it incoherently, estimating what materials she could or could not cut with her nipples as if this was an actual metric for ambient temperature. On one hand, it's funny. On the other hand, I am concerned about her fever now.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

If sex was as complicated as women seem to think it is, our species would be extinct.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If sex was as complicated as women seem to think it is, our species would be extinct.

It really IS pretty simple. It's even simple to do right, most men are just utter morons in this area. (No offence to male readers, but can you seriously not push up? Is it that hard? I don't see how that's hard.)

:lol:

When women talk about sex they don't mean the physical actions... They mean the emotions and feeling around it. And they are complicated...

Regards

And most of the emphasis we put on it is a totally arbitrary cultural construct with no real meaning. The women of the palaeolithic era would look at modern women like they were sick in the head for thinking those feelings are intrinsic to sex. Of course, the women of that era were also all sleeping as many men as they felt like, and all the men were sleeping with as many women as they could, and neither sex had any expectation of exclusivity with their partners. Back then, the question with sex wasn't about any feeling other than attraction, and didn't imply a relationship. And that was most of our history.

EDIT:

Sexual exclusivity was actually primitive civilization's attempt to counter-act the sudden proliferation of sexually transmitted disease. They noticed the correlation between sexual activities and disease, and in cities this rate was very high because more people were in a tighter space with more partners more frequently. So they decided to try and make sexual interactions more exclusive. Women became treated as property so that men could control their sex lives, using a contract called a "marriage", in which a man bought a woman from her father in exchange for a payment of material goods. (It's called a dowry, look it up.)

Now that we know how to prevent the spread of STD's, detect them, treat them and in some cases even cure them, we don't need such a construct. And of course, the concept of women as property has been rightfully rejected by secular society, but as women being property was the ENTIRE reason marriage existed, I don't get why we still have this idiotic institution when we realize how barbaric its founding principles were.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

To keep the thread from getting hung up on sex, because that is a very, VERY easy subject to get hung up on, I just found out something amazing. Video rental still exists. In actual, physical stores! People actually go and rent physical copies of movies! WHY? Have they not heard of Netflix? Or Hulu? Or at least pay per view? I want to drive to a video rental place and start hanging up advertisements for online video rental, because this is absurd.

I mean, with my internet connection video rentals would be nice.

Netflix in 480p is uh... not good.

Retired Forum Moderator

I mean, with my internet connection video rentals would be nice.

Netflix in 480p is uh... not good.

480p is standard DVD fare... You won't get better with rentals.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Trust me. DVD's on my TV don't have as many visible pixels from the quality drops that Netflix does when my internet is being itself. I have tested this. Quite extensively.

Retired Forum Moderator

Bomb, bomb, hydrogen bomb, hey bomb bomb, hydrogen bomb, it's a big loud noise and a real get gone, bomb bomb, the hydrogen bomb...