Minecraft

Sign in to follow this  

So seeing some of the dark side of Notch, who else have a feeling they will post a monthly subscription patch? Cause I get a feeling they will do that, dunno why.

The man hasn't got an original idea in his head, he sucks at coding as well seeing as he had to take the Infiniminer source code to make MC in the first place. Now he's making a P2P card trading game that is exactly like Magic: The Gathering.

I don't think I've ever seen a thread U-turn like that out of nowhere. Besides this is supposed to be about minecraft not Notch.

I haven't played 1.0 yet but I probably will relatively soon. The thought of an ending is a little weird for a "sandbox" game though. Even with nearly linear development that normally occurs an ending essentially cements it. Every game I played up 'till 1.94 went. Wood --> Stone --> Iron --> Diamond --> Obsidian farm --> Nether portal --> Done. So unless you play multiplayer with the most of minecraft's psychotic community there's not much left to do.

It's impossible to talk about Minecraft without talking about Notch, I think.
That doesn't mean the topic should shift entirely to Notch. I'm more interested in other people's opinions about the game itself than the game developers. The TF2 thread shouldn't be about Gaben.

Interestingly enough, what I can only assume was the first Minecraft thread here on AF is the post farthest back in this sub-forum.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Yeah, Minecraft really isn't that fun anymore. I think it is because the updates have been getting smaller and smaller and just less interesting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, Minecraft really isn't that fun anymore. I think it is because the updates have been getting smaller and smaller and just less interesting.

What are you talking about, 1.0.0 added loads!

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Yeah, but before that we just got a bunch of updates adding small stuff(cookies...yay) and by 1.0.0 I already wasn't really feeling it anymore.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMO they ruined minecraft with 1.0.0. Hell, they ruined it when they added randomly generated villages and people. It just doesnt feel like minecraft anymore....

"Life sucks sober!"

Ok, I've finally been forced into playing Minecraft now because of school. I had to build a server, and it was a POS, so the only thing it would run was a Minecraft server. Killed the End Dragon after only 15.6 hours of gameplay.

It would be better if it had more RPG elements to the game, but enchanting is nice. Too bad you can't sleep in the Nether or End...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

15.6 hours of gameplay.

I just played through it on creative and finished it in about 10 minutes, oh, 1 hour if you include THAT STUPID FREAKIN' ENDING!

See, there's the difference... I played on hard, not creative.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

YAY minecraft is coming to XBLA this month...Im so gonna get it

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

Why? You want a Version of Minecraft that will most likely not receive any more updates, has no mods and might cost more(this is just a thought not sure at all about this, but it is a possibility). I get the whole Console/PC is a preference thing, but there is simply no reason to get it on Xbox.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why? You want a Version of Minecraft that will most likely not receive any more updates, has no mods and might cost more(this is just a thought not sure at all about this, but it is a possibility). I get the whole Console/PC is a preference thing, but there is simply no reason to get it on Xbox.

well yes there is...I cant get a 1500$ PC like most people...so ill stick with it

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

well yes there is...I cant get a 1500$ PC like most people...so ill stick with it

$1500 PC to play MC.

My palm went through to the other side of my face.