The Last Door

Very specific story, but it's practically made of moon logic. It's like the point of the game, to be very moonlogically.

Really tried liking this, but the puzzles just kinda suck in that linear, obviously not obvious logic sort of way.

It's only pulling point is the story, which is segmented through chapters that really lack cohesion, rendering the whole thing unsatisfying.

This game actually spooked me.

The story AND the music kept me coming back.

The pixel-perfect (and with this level of detail you can just realise how nice putting the three pixel candle on top of the three pixel... thing, fuck, that was a medallion? It looks like anything!) and sometimes unlogic puzzles kept me going for guides. A lot.

So, lots of good on one side, madness on the other. The scale evens out mostly, but it will start acting up. It will sometimes smack you in the face when you come for a closer look.

I don't like horror games, but The Last Doors got their claws in and didn't let go.

I loved this game: the puzzles range from ok to well made, the art style is appropriate and the music is great. This game succeeds not only as an adventure game, but as a horror game as well: always unnerving, and sometimes even straight-up scary. FANTASTIC

Lots of pixel hunting and bullshit puzzles in this but definitely worth it. I was surprised by how well the story works: it hits that delicate balance between revealing just enough by the end to feel satisfying but not too much so as to demystify everything.