Last Game You Played

Civ 5. Giving a go at playing a map until completion for the first time...

Sea of Thieves.

Went into arena with a full group of friends. Got first place in 2 matches and second place in 2 matches. The most fun was easily the last one where we got second place but basically pulled off the most wild shit from me accidentally boarding an enemy ship thinking it was ours (and somehow managing to kill all 4 crew members) to swimming treasure to the turn in point because everyone's ship sunk right near the turn in and we wanted those points dammit.

Essentially start to finish was laughing and excited screaming.

The Division 2.

Tested my new RX 5700 XT on it. Seems the volumetric fog and/or antialiasing is glitched, as it causes the game to lock to 10 FPS instead of using the full power of the CPU/GPU.

The Division 2.

Had to reinstall Windows because my <2 month old NVMe died... At least the volumetric fog and antialiasing glitch is gone... Averaging 90 FPS with all settings maxed @1080p.

Posted (edited)

I've  beaten the main storyline of Knights of Pen and Paper 2. Keep trying to beat the ultimate boss Fifi, almost did it, but Fifi gets me everytime. Just going to finish up the DLC stuff, then go back round to FiFi when I'm like...toting a level 40 party.

Edited by Eshanas

I started Dragon Quest VIII (3DS version) recently. It's my first game in Dragon Quest series and so far I'm not having a good time. Hope it picks up.

Star Trek Online

Since I had to borrow my Dad's laptop to do anything online, and STO was in the last few days of an event, I had to deal with playing it at 0.20 renderscale on a 1600x900 monitor, and barely get 25FPS out of it...

6 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Okami

Oh, it's a good one. It starts very slowly, but it picks up.

3 hours ago, Binky The Rabbit said:

Ratchet And Clank: The Quest For Booty.

Okay, I know R&C loves their innuendo titles, but that really can't be a rea- Guy whispers in my ear Oh, errors have been made.

Also:

4 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Okami

Posted (edited)

The Division 2

Just crafted my first unique weapon. Most powerful marksman rifle in the game. Is nice. 2-hit kills on named bosses, 1-hit kills on everything else.

Edited by BTGBullseye

Posted (edited)

Day of Defeat: Source

Although it's pretty small, there's still a community to this game. I have to say I'm not a fan that the servers that are populated tend to have the "Medic" command and one I joined recently let you pick your weapons upon spawn. I was trying to slam some MG nests with the bazooka but accidentally pressed a different weapon and I just couldn't figure out how to get back to using the bazooka.

Aside from stuff like that, DoD:S is pretty fun. There's some jank to it - especially aiming down sights with the M1 Garand/whatever the German rifle is and going prone feels really clunky. I think the thing that annoys me the most about it from an actual regular gameplay perspective is it's like Counter-Strike in that you have to aim in a way that you let the recoil/weapon spread do everything for you, so you basically aim at someone's feet to hit them in the chest/head. Now that's a bit of an exaggeration but I definitely find aiming below/off to the side is a great way to actually hit people instead of aiming directly at them with any of the automatic weapons which are the ones I use the most.

According to my friend, the balance wasn't changed all too much. He played the game for a while and he said Valve left the game with great balance. That's something I can't quite say for a game like Team Fortress 2, sadly.

Edited by Mode 7