if only Freeman's Mind was like this...

Sign in to follow this  

i dont think Freeman's Mind would be as good, because it is a comedy. But if a completly different series started like that it might work.

The guys at Rooster Teeth got Monty Oum to animate some awesome fight sequences and visual jokes in the last series of Red vs. Blue and it didn't take away from the humour or story and allowed them to do more than they could with conventional machination.

But yeah, this is pure awesome, felt less like a FPS and more like you’re really looking through the eyes of Freeman, I’d love to see this kind of thing in FM, but I think if this happened then it would take a lot more time to make FM than normal.

None of that was animated with the Source Engine. It would all be done in an animation program like 3DS Max or Softimage, with imported assets from the game.

watch his videos of how to..... this makes me think u have not use source sdk

Half-Life should NEVER be made into a rail-shooter. Maybe more "Mirror's Edge" style, where you can see arms and legs and reflections like you are that person. More than an arm and a crowbar, but not a rail shooter.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Honestly the mechanical animations kinda ruin the nice first-person animations. Why is everything in Black Mesa shaking and bouncing like it's all driven by a shitty old steam engine?

i dont think Freeman's Mind would be as good, because it is a comedy. But if a completly different series started like that it might work.

The guys at Rooster Teeth got Monty Oum to animate some awesome fight sequences and visual jokes in the last series of Red vs. Blue and it didn't take away from the humour or story and allowed them to do more than they could with conventional machination.

But yeah, this is pure awesome, felt less like a FPS and more like you’re really looking through the eyes of Freeman, I’d love to see this kind of thing in FM, but I think if this happened then it would take a lot more time to make FM than normal.

Monty Oum works for Roosterteeth? I would have thought he would have gone to something more highbrow than that.

On second thought, maybe not.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Now for someone to edit that video to add Freeman's Mind voice clips.:P

This. :o

Okay, I've got dibs on this project.

Someone had to make that. I commend you, Prof. Luigi.

+rep

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

why did you reupload someone elses video to your channel? why not just link to the original video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtIp8jOo8_o

Are you saying that putting freeman's mind audio in a video (which I must say, was very time consuming) then giving full credit to the animator, is considered reuploading?

I don't think he realized that you put the audio from Freeman's mind in the trailer.

I don't know. I never understood the point of this thread in the first place. FM is fine the way it is.

It's the other way around for me. I saw that video and thought "damn, I wish I could hear Ross say a few things in it".

That's it. And you know, it works. For that video.