Hardest Game You've Played?

I like being able to control my character with something other than a joystick that moves too slowly to do anything even resembling 'fast paced'.

Any good fast paced console game allows you to turn up the sensitivity of your analog sticks.

And then it becomes too fast to accurately aim... Mouse doesn't have that issue.

I for instance can't play Need For Speed on keyboard. I have to use a gamepad.

I grew up with keyboard controls for racing games, (DOS gamers FTW!) so I can actually drive better with the KB...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Castlevania is not only a great game but it is hard. Medusa Heads are my worst enemy now.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I like being able to control my character with something other than a joystick that moves too slowly to do anything even resembling 'fast paced'.

Any good fast paced console game allows you to turn up the sensitivity of your analog sticks.

And then it becomes too fast to accurately aim... Mouse doesn't have that issue.

Too fast for YOU to accurately aim. Seriously, it seems like you've tried a console controller for five minutes and written it off as unusable. Getting good with an analog stick takes time, but it certainly can be done. I managed to beat Uncharted 2 on crushing by using maximized sensitivity. It becomes second nature, just like a mouse does.

Analog controls are pretty uncomfortable, but good Console FPS games like Metroid Prime, Red Faction, or Halo will have lock on or auto aim.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

We can all agree that laptop touch-pads suck for games though, right?

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Difficulty in games shouldn't come from fighting the controls.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Too fast for YOU to accurately aim. Seriously, it seems like you've tried a console controller for five minutes and written it off as unusable. Getting good with an analog stick takes time, but it certainly can be done. I managed to beat Uncharted 2 on crushing by using maximized sensitivity. It becomes second nature, just like a mouse does.

I've been playing on consoles since I was 6, KB & M are far more accurate. The only reason it can feel more accurate on consoles is because of the auto-aim.

Auto Aim can really benefit a console fps, but smooth controls can make up for lack of it. Quake 2 on the N64 and PS1 had really smooth and precise controls and are really, really, really good ports.

I've been playing on consoles since I was 6, KB & M are far more accurate. The only reason it can feel more accurate on consoles is because of the auto-aim.

Uncharted 2, my example above, uses no auto aim on anything but very easy difficulty. Really when an analog stick has sensitivity high enough, and the player skilled enough, the mouse and keyboard are doing pretty much the exact same thing.

There's also the fact that third person games benefit from the smoother camera controls of an analog stick, not to mention the fact that analog strafing is obviously superior.

Uncharted 2, my example above, uses no auto aim on anything but very easy difficulty. Really when an analog stick has sensitivity high enough, and the player skilled enough, the mouse and keyboard are doing pretty much the exact same thing.

There's also the fact that third person games benefit from the smoother camera controls of an analog stick, not to mention the fact that analog strafing is obviously superior.

Ever heard of Shadowrun? It was a Xbox and PC game that allowed console gamers and PC gamers to play against each other. The only way they could get the game to be competitive between PC and Xbox gamers was to nerf the PC mouse control scheme in an effort to balance the playing field between Analog and Mouse users, not only that but they had to give the console players aim assist.

KB & M is far more accurate, there is no doubt about that. Regarding your arguement that TPS games have smoother controls on a console- actually good TPS game usually have mouse smoothing which makes the game's camera decelerate slightly after moving it so it slows to a halt.

All that is beside the point though because all you have to do is plug a controller into your PC and the controls function exactly the same as a console game.

Ah well, it's a personal opinion sort of thing. Mouse control is certainly viable and better for some types of twitch gameplay. I'm just making the case that analog sticks can be very capable. In Dead Space 2, in my last ps3 playthrough, I remember there was a time when I had like 6 enemies charging me. I cut off a stalker's claw, impaled a charging peeker with it, then immediately switched to javelin and cut off three children with a well placed electric charge. That kind of twitch gameplay I know some people may prefer on mouse and keyboard, but I know from personal experience it is VERY possible with a pair of good analog sticks.

Ah well, it's a personal opinion sort of thing. Mouse control is certainly viable and better for some types of twitch gameplay. I'm just making the case that analog sticks can be very capable. In Dead Space 2, in my last ps3 playthrough, I remember there was a time when I had like 6 enemies charging me. I cut off a stalker's claw, impaled a charging peeker with it, then immediately switched to javelin and cut off three children with a well placed electric charge. That kind of twitch gameplay I know some people may prefer on mouse and keyboard, but I know from personal experience it is VERY possible with a pair of good analog sticks.

DS2 is probly the worst example of 'twitch gameplay'...

Go do Doom 3, on Nightmare, with the 'extra enemies' mod... If you can last 15 minutes with a console controller only, I'm impressed. If you can last more than 30 minutes, you're cheating.

It's gotta be Ninja Gaiden Black for me.

Took me about 3 weeks on Master Ninja (hardest difficulty) and that's not counting the months it took me to beat Normal, Hard and finally Very Hard, just to get to Master Ninja.

Gotta admit after I beat the final bosses I did feel like a badass.

It's gotta be Ninja Gaiden Black for me.

Took me about 3 weeks on Master Ninja (hardest difficulty) and that's not counting the months it took me to beat Normal, Hard and finally Very Hard, just to get to Master Ninja.

Gotta admit after I beat the final bosses I did feel like a badass.

WHAT THE FUCK!? 3 WEEKS? HOW DOES ANYONE EVEN PASS THE SECOND BOSS!? THAT'S FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS!

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, the hardest out of the entire series. I hope you have pitch perfect timing and excellent stealth skills, because for this game, you're going to have to multiply those by 6.

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, the hardest out of the entire series. I hope you have pitch perfect timing and excellent stealth skills, because for this game, you're going to have to multiply those by 6.

Pandora Tomorrow stealth is easy. I played the game for about 6 hours, saw how easy it was, and turned it off.