Hardest Game You've Played?

4134HRA8MZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BEST F*CKING MOVIE EVER.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

That game sucked, it was just nothing but cutscenes. If I wanted to play Metal Gear Solid 4 I would've just bought it.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Metal Gear Solid 4... I didn't really mind that is was a movie-game hybrid, but once I saw the requirements for the Big Boss Emblem I just kinda said "Fuck that" and downloaded a savegame. But I did legitimately get the banana and the stealth camo (Never detected, no kills). And after the savegame it was mostly "Skip cutscene, KILL ALL THE THINGS!!!!"

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Metal Gear Solid 3 was the best because it actually felt like Hideo Kojima remembered he was making a video game.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

MGS4 was straight up amazing on gameplay. I think people forget that. Go into MGS4 and just try and get strategic about it, it's extremely deep gameplay. There are a crapload of different weapons, with attachable silencers, flashlights, laser sights... There are just so many different ways to go about completing each level. I remember I managed to beat Crying Wolf on Big Boss hard, using only a sniper rifle and patience.

Have you guys played Halo: Reach? It's not too hard, even on "Legendary difficulty".

Try turning on EVERY SINGLE SKULL IN THE GAME. For those of you who don't know, a Halo "skull" are difficulty multipliers. For example, one skull makes dropped weapons have less ammo, another skull makes enemies have more health, another skull makes your shields not recharge normally (you have to melee enemies to get them back). The worst skull however makes you go back to the very beginning of the level should you die once.

Not only have I beaten each level in one sitting on this campaign, I've beaten Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST with all skulls on as well. Don't believe me? The videos are in my file share.

Have you guys played Halo: Reach? It's not too hard, even on "Legendary difficulty".

Try turning on EVERY SINGLE SKULL IN THE GAME. For those of you who don't know, a Halo "skull" are difficulty multipliers. For example, one skull makes dropped weapons have less ammo, another skull makes enemies have more health, another skull makes your shields not recharge normally (you have to melee enemies to get them back). The worst skull however makes you go back to the very beginning of the level should you die once.

Not only have I beaten each level in one sitting on this campaign, I've beaten Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST with all skulls on as well. Don't believe me? The videos are in my file share.

If it ain't on PC, I won't play it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

That's pretty sad. :roll:

Not to me it isn't. I like being able to control my character with something other than a joystick that moves too slowly to do anything even resembling 'fast paced'.

That's pretty sad. :roll:

Not to me it isn't. I like being able to control my character with something other than a joystick that moves too slowly to do anything even resembling 'fast paced'.

The fact that you suck at using an analogue stick doesn't mean analogue sticks suck.

I love PC games but I love console games too. Gamecube, SNES, Dreamcast, and PS2 are my favorite home consoles.

The fact that you suck at using an analogue stick doesn't mean analogue sticks suck.

Analog, not 'analogue'.

They do suck for anything except flight sims.

Analog, not 'analogue'.

I do suck at anything except flight sims.

Spelling corrected

I would think there would be some way to get a mouse and keyboard for a console, but I may be wrong. You're missing out on some great console exclusives.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

There is KB & M support for some games on console, only if the devs add it though. TBH I haven't touched my PS3 since I bought my PC not only because the controller feels horrible when trying to play an FPS, but also because I'm not going out to spend $120 on a new game when I can get those very games on a Steam Sale for $25-$50.

Sometimes I get the feeling PC only gamers forget there are games other than first person shooters. Imagine playing a game like God of War with a mouse and keyboard. I can't even imagine what you would bind to what, and how you would handle basic things like moving and dodging without two joysticks.

Really, the best control scheme I can think of would be a keyboard with an intergrated joystick to replace WASD, and a mouse with another joystick attached.

So far the only game I've played on PC that I've hated control scheme-wise is Dead Space, and that was because of it's sloppy controls. Another one that I hated was Saint's Row 2 because just to get through the menu you had to use the arrow keys, WASD, shift and tab which could have been remedied by just letting me click things with my mouse.

All I have to do is connect my PS3 controller to my PC if I want to use a gamepad anyway.

I like being able to control my character with something other than a joystick that moves too slowly to do anything even resembling 'fast paced'.

Any good fast paced console game allows you to turn up the sensitivity of your analog sticks.

So far the only game I've played on PC that I've hated control scheme-wise is Dead Space, and that was because of it's sloppy controls. Another one that I hated was Saint's Row 2 because just to get through the menu you had to use the arrow keys, WASD, shift and tab which could have been remedied by just letting me click things with my mouse.

All I have to do is connect my PS3 controller to my PC if I want to use a gamepad anyway.

Try playing Devil May Cry 4 on pc. You'll be hunting down a gamepad so fast it's not even funny.

Retired Forum Moderator