The Language Thread

Sign in to follow this  

I'm being force-fed Spanish, though I'd rather take German.

Me llamo Fluttershy. Soy un amigo del Estado de Delaware. Me gusta pasar un rato en Internet y jugar con mis amigos.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I have rosetta stone 1,2 & 3 for Russian that I've never used. I was reading a book on Russian before and memorized the alphabet. Then I saw Russian grammar. Holy Jesus was that terrifying. There's like four different versions of one word just from the tense it's in.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I'm in my third year of learning Spanish in school. I think I could manage if I was thrown into a situation that required me to speak spanish.

Hola, Puedes ayudar me?

Yo no se donde estoy.

Si, soy de Estados Unidos...

Como? Bien, no me ayudas.

Adios pendejo!

(accents are for people who have time y no tengo tiempo)

God that guy was a jerk...

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Ive learned english from TV and games (online mostly), havent learned anything from school when it comes to english actually.

I would like to learn russian, will do so in high school.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Life sucks sober!"

I have about 5 months of French coming up in school for me after this week, so we'll see how that goes. I would prefer to learn German, but they don't have a class for that at my school.

Kirky (Ukraine, right?)

WHAT? Where did you get Ukraine from?

Anykrane, I probably learned most of my English from playing RuneScape. I was forced to learn it because I didn't know a German version existed. I then refined my English through spending 23 hours a day internetering. Payed off though, I have been first in English class for the last couple of years.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm in my third year of learning Spanish in school. I think I could manage if I was thrown into a situation that required me to speak spanish.

Hola, Puedes ayudar me?

Yo no se donde estoy.

Si, soy de Estados Unidos...

Como? Bien, no me ayudas.

Adios pendejo!

(accents are for people who have time y no tengo tiempo)

God that guy was a jerk...

let me fix that.

Hola, che me podes ayudar?

ni idea donde joracas toi.

si soy yanki...

Como? bueno si no me ayudas...

anda a cagar. chau.

^^rioplatense ftw

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

I speak Danish, English and a little German. My German could be a lot better but I'm still learning.

I would love to learn Latin in the future. :)

Bill Ludwick, D'ya wanne learn polish? Xd

Nah, not as a second language. i don't really have a real world use for it, but i do know some basic Polish phrases, like greetings and stuff. :)

Awesome! :) but the problem is, can you pronuce them corectly? XD

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I only really want to know Japanese, but I only know very few phrases from it. But I BELIEVE 'Why so serious?' is 'nande sonnani majime nano?' written in english. I could be totally wrong though.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I've always wanted to learn German but French would probably be more practical because a few of my best friends speak French as their first language and they prefer to converse between each other in that language, effectively making me the odd one out.

Retired Forum Moderator

Me llamo Fluttershy. Soy un amigo del Estado de Delaware. Me gusta pasar un rato en Internet y jugar con mis amigos.

No Me Gusta. Too Spaniard.

I've always wanted to learn German but French would probably be more practical because a few of my best friends speak French as their first language and they prefer to converse between each other in that language, effectively making me the odd one out.

Le Français... I can write it but I can't speak it. Beautiful language, my 3rd fav so far.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST