Games that got much better playing them?

Sign in to follow this  

What. You mean people actually pay for hats?

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

What. You mean people actually pay for hats?

I only bought 1 hat. It was during the Summer Sale, when it was $1.99.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

I payed for two weapon packs when they were 0.99 each. Still expensive for virtual items though.

Well people will buy anything.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

You got ripped off. It's only worth $0.00.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

You got ripped off. It's only worth $0.00.

Not really. It was a community-submitted hat. That meant that someone, somewhere took time out of their life to create it. I also believe that buying community stuff gives the creators a percentage of whatever the item costed. So buying it is a way of telling them thank you and showing you appreciate hard work. But yeah, 90% of the hats are overpriced.

Miner dig deep it's a 360 indie game but after yo start to get deep it gets better

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

Also, Just Cause 2. It really starts to get good around when you can obtain Heat Level 3. That's when they send attack helicopters with chainguns after you.

Age of Chivalry.... at first i didnt get it, so i uninstalled. then this guy showed up a week after and showed me an in-game decapitation... and how you can burn people to death... or how you can make someone's head explode with a war hammer.... then i stuck to the mod.... im so looking foward to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare....

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Age of Chivalry as well, I'd played it for a few days and I thought it was pretty average. Then I met one of the map creators for Team Chivalry and he taught me how to play pikeman.

Nethack. It's a roguelike, and it's fun when you get used to it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Not really. It was a community-submitted hat. That meant that someone, somewhere took time out of their life to create it. I also believe that buying community stuff gives the creators a percentage of whatever the item costed. So buying it is a way of telling them thank you and showing you appreciate hard work. But yeah, 90% of the hats are overpriced.

So how much "hard work" does it take to model and texture a hat?

You'd be surprised.

Retired Forum Moderator

If you are looking for games Ross, here is my tips:
I don't need much help finding games, I (try) to play a lot of abandonware games and since there are so many it can be tricky deciding if a game is worth playing. Some games simply require more time to get into or get better, but usually I get a good impression of them right away when that happens. I'm trying to see if there's any exceptions I haven't heard of. It obviously varies for everyone, but I'm trying to determine how much time is the right amount to invest in a game before you can write it off as not being very enjoyable (assuming it's not utter crap from the start). There are so many good cheap or free games out there now I'd rather just keep moving to another one if I feel like one is going to plateau and I'm not very drawn in by it.

Every game I can think of has fallen into one of these categories:

1. I get a good impression of it initially and it stays as good or gets better

2. (somewhat rare) I get a good impression of it initially, but then it gets worse.

3. I think it's somewhat mediocre initially, and it stays that way the entire game.

4. (also rare) Everything about the game is garbage.

I've never played one where it starts off mediocre for me, THEN really draws me in. In short, I'm trying to figure out what the best cutoff point is for declaring a game in category #3.

Hats are more simple than weapons, but if they're well made and not overly simple in design, 4 or 5 hours of work. Newcomers usually underestimate the amount of steps it takes.

Kotor 2 and Deus Ex, both games has great story but a bit boring first levels.

Gothic 1 has sick controls and is difficult at the begining.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

for me this ps2 snowboarding racing game, i didnt like it till i earned my 4th pro snowboarder after about an hour.

SSX?