FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 46

FM46.jpg

Blip.tv link (this one helps me more)

(Downloadable copy will be up a later date)

Freeman's Mind continues, this time with no singing. This is a slower episode, since the game directly dictates the pace of them, but I think it came out pretty well. For the purists complaining that one of the game sequences never triggered, you can blame Half-Life: Source, I didn't do anything to disable it. Please continue to spread the word that Freeman's Mind is not dead, it was just being held hostage in a basement at gunpoint, but managed to escape and is now at a new location.

I plan to continue the informal schedule of having a new FM episode about every two weeks. In the extra time between releases, I'm still working on multiple side projects, a few of which will come to fruition within a few weeks from now. In any event, you can expect a lot more stuff to come out this summer.

That was great job as always :D

that sniper bullet must've left a mark (seemed to me like it hit the armour)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Looking forward to Freeman's reaction to the laser mine warehouse in the next episode. Great episode as always Ross.

Also, I noticed a continuity error. That sniper from right before the missile launch was pre-knockout. He remember the aliens, but he thinks they might be demons or something, right? And he doesnt know why everyone's trying to kill him (although he doesnt care.) So, he'd really remember a sniper, when he didnt remember the drum machine alien? (He commented on the single tentacle as "It's something horrible!"

Great episode so far (only 3 minutes in!)

I just came back from a dentist appointment to find this posted so thank you for improving my afternoon.

Awesome! I can't believe we gt another one in such a short time. It feels weird.....and almost wrong.

But good episode. Love all of Freeman's reactions, especially when he gets shot by the sniper. I am so damn happy this series is back.

I'm wondering, how do you get any money through the videos on blip.tv? Because, I don't see any adds there. After reloading the page several times, the only thing that showed up in addtion, was a small section of "Featured episodes in Comedy" links to other videos on blip.tv.

Also, I noticed a continuity error. That sniper from right before the missile launch was pre-knockout. He remember the aliens, but he thinks they might be demons or something, right? And he doesnt know why everyone's trying to kill him (although he doesnt care.) So, he'd really remember a sniper, when he didnt remember the drum machine alien? (He commented on the single tentacle as "It's something horrible!"

Great episode so far (only 3 minutes in!)

There is no continuity error- you missed, that after waking up in trash compactor, when he made inside compound, he was attacked by snotmonster and after killing it with revolver, he remembered everything... well, most of it.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I'm wondering, how do you get any money through the videos on blip.tv? Because, I don't see any adds there. After reloading the page several times, the only thing that showed up in addtion, was a small section of "Featured episodes in Comedy" links to other videos on blip.tv.

Could be a glitch. I've been getting these terrible ads for "Real housewives of new jersey".

Nice targeted marketing there, guys. I'm sure the people that watch this would LOVE that.

At any rate, very excellent episode. Especially "Here's to you, Future Dude".

Now to just try and wait patiently for the ultimate limbo challenge coming up.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I can imagine 20 seconds of him just standing there without saying anything.

I wish I had 6 fingers. Guitar Hero would've been so much more fun.

But-but then we wouldn't have a middle finger.. what would we do then to express our exasperated discontent with something? Fight with people for no good reason? pufff.. we have the internet for that. we would be lost.

But-but then we wouldn't have a middle finger.. what would we do then to express our exasperated discontent with something? Fight with people for no good reason? pufff.. we have the internet for that. we would be lost.

show 3rd and 4th finger at same time, problem solved

I like how he lays ground to intelligence of alien species, good background for Xen.

Also Surface Tension episode is full blown adrenaline, must be hard tı get stuff for the commentary, I like the slow paced episodes better.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

Dont understand how that's worse for middle finger. You have an even half of your fingers with an even number.

But after he shot the snotmonster, he did remember somethings, but not everything. Again, he doesnt know why the army wants to kill him.

Another great episode, and like others, I can't wait for Freeman's reactions for the next room/area.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Dont understand how that's worse for middle finger. You have an even half of your fingers with an even number.

But after he shot the snotmonster, he did remember somethings, but not everything. Again, he doesnt know why the army wants to kill him.

Considering he didnt know it in the first place, i'd still say no plothole in that. Besides, if he hasnt mentioned sniper doesnt mean he forgot about that too (btw if you notice, his memory has seemingly recovered to full within few episodes after shooting snotmonster). Not to mention the fact, that often people with partial amnesia from trauma (such as blow to the head) remember things when they encounter same or similar situation.

As for finger discussion- fine, show middle toe: it would be ultimate insult (har-har, Monkey island reference) if someone managed to pull this off. I mean have you ever tried to get just your middle toe straight? XD

Great episode. Freeman is still da best :D

Considering he didnt know it in the first place, i'd still say no plothole in that. Besides, if he hasnt mentioned sniper doesnt mean he forgot about that too (btw if you notice, his memory has seemingly recovered to full within few episodes after shooting snotmonster). Not to mention the fact, that often people with partial amnesia from trauma (such as blow to the head) remember things when they encounter same or similar situation.

As for finger discussion- fine, show middle toe: it would be ultimate insult (har-har, Monkey island reference) if someone managed to pull this off. I mean have you ever tried to get just your middle toe straight? XD

But if we have 6 fingers, why not the same number of toe ?

Ah, another excellent episode. You're pandering us ross with this release schedule.

Personally I love it when Freeman takes shortcuts in the game, like you did in this episode. It makes things more interesting, and more realistic-like. Often times I find myself thinking "Now why can't I go there? It's well within my reach." The level design of video games tend to break the immersion by putting invisible walls everywhere, which I hate. So having Freeman do the sensible thing now and then feels quite refreshing. Why jump through a complex obstacle course when in real life you could just skip it? It's good that the Half-Life "allows" that kind of freedom.