FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 50

FM50.jpg

Blip.tv link

(download will be up later)

More Freeman's Mind! My apologies for a longer than usual delay on this one, you can mostly blame that on the Game Dungeon, which I actually wanted to get out in August. For the foreseeable future, FM will be getting a lot more focus in the future. Right now my goal is to get 2 more FM episodes out this month and another Game Dungeon, in that order. I don't know if I'll actually ACHIEVE that, but that's what I'm aiming for. There are a couple smaller things I'm working on that may show up later on, but Freeman's Mind is going to remain the priority for quite a while.

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

my god that was quick. Maybe departing from machinima was the best thing that ever happened to freeman's mind now they're sprouting up like freakin' weeds

"The only real answer is to get drunk and set fire to things"

departing from machinima

Given what I'm hearing about a lot of Machinima partners and their own problems getting videos out, I think it's safe to assume that this would be the best course of action for everybody. That way, Machinima can fulfull it's life-long dream of just being another videogame news site instead of doing something more unique and creative.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Another great episode!

And ghosts in Black Mesa? Explains the haunting sounds in the rail maps.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

He's definitely becoming much more casual in his killing. He does it so frequently now that it barely even seems to register in what he's saying. :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

For those that are waiting for the subtitles for this, they may be delayed for a couple days--I'm swamped with work at the moment. Have patience (I might not even get to watch this today, that's how under the gun I am).

Oh wow, I may have made a major breakthrough in my research and another episode of FM came out (and with a round number too), all in a single day. I wish both of these events happened more often.

I found it a bit strange that in the furnace room Freeman carefully walked it around but gave no comment on the absence of doors. I half expected him to say something clever about how the architects probably decided that having just a window and two pipes would give plenty of access for those that need it. Well, maybe the ghosts distracted him.

Oh wow, I may have made a major breakthrough in my research and another episode of FM came out (and with a round number too), all in a single day. I wish both of these events happened more often.

I found it a bit strange that in the furnace room Freeman carefully walked it around but gave no comment on the absence of doors. I half expected him to say something clever about how the architects probably decided that having just a window and two pipes would give plenty of access for those that need it. Well, maybe the ghosts distracted him.

That joke has been used a LOT now, I'd have to think of something clever to use a variant of it again. Besides, I figure he's sort of accepted it somewhat, like earlier in another episode "How did they get in here? Oh, they must have come in through the ceiling" like this is normal.

Wonderful episode, yet again!

I kinda expected freeman to go crazy with the power of having the targeting system and accidentally bomb the platform itself (him of course jumping to safety at the last moment)... I dunno why I thought of that. Maybe because that's what I did on my playthrough.

He's definitely becoming much more casual in his killing. He does it so frequently now that it barely even seems to register in what he's saying. :P

Do I smell sudden realisation and existential crisis coming up? :lol:

Oh good one.

I'm suprised with the stuff you come out with NPC responses. They keep saying the same thing over and over :D

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

Beautiful as always Ross! The ghosts killed me xD But maybe the pipe was loose on it's hinges from the bomb? Maybe? Ghost bombs?

Or maybe it was the gman .

RocketDude has a perfectly apt name, and for sure this is the episode I've been waiting for. Not only is Orbital Bombardment a weapon Freeman can get behind, it's a weapon video games have been trying to live up to since. Hammer of dawn? please. various elemental bombardment from JRPG's? not even close. And this episode got it right, the only element lacking in this scenario is scope. Pigeon who crapped on your car? ORBITAL STRIKE. Roommate who moved out without paying this month's rent? ORBITAL STRIKE. It's like the mythical problem of the nail. When you've got a hammer, all problems begin to look like nails.

I've been waiting for this episode for a while, and the payoff was great.

For what it's worth Ross, you gotta do what you've gotta do. But I love Freeman's mind. And every episode feels like an undeserved Birthday present, which is one of the best kinds of gifts.

Great episode!

This series continues to remind me how many silly things the level designers make you do. It's strange how that doesn't register at all when you're playing the actual game.

For those that are waiting for the subtitles for this, they may be delayed for a couple days--I'm swamped with work at the moment. Have patience (I might not even get to watch this today, that's how under the gun I am).

I'll be waiting. You're doing a great job!

Несу добро в массы!

Glad they changed it to mortars in Black Mesa. "Where's the plane?" That sums up what was wrong with this thing in the first place: you can't see the plane. Unless......IT WAS A GHOST PLANE! OF COURSE!