Black Mesa Source

SSNNIIFFFFFFFF....Ahhhh, nothing like that new forum smell. And since I've never done this before, first thread!

But in all seriousness, has there been any word on a release date? Secondly, since I know little about the process behind modding for the most part, after the release, does anyone know how long a port to a mac would take? I have steam for both windows and mac, but I prefer gaming with mac native games.

Also, Kudos to Ross Scott, as this forum is very nice looking. I think I'll enjoy my stay here quite nicely.

Hmm, not sure if its going to be released this year. Certainly no release date so their working hard or its dead. but i doubt that as they have gone so far already

I saw there that the developers are still posting and occasionally answering questions. I believe that the mod is currently estimated for a summer windows release.

A summer release would be nice. A lot of people seem to have given up on this mod, but I still check up on it everyday.

I'm actually quite surprised it hasn't been released already. Looking at the wiki and all it's pictures, it looks done, but obviously, it's not.

I am looking forward to this mod but I stay away from their community, it looks like internet memes are the native language over there.

Does anyone know about a time frame of a mac port? I'm not sure about time frames factor into these, however I hope it wouldn't take them another seven years...

I was very excited for this mod. But now i am really disappointed. And it is not because it is not out yet(i want them to take all the time they need), it is not because there is no ETA yet(i like the it's done when it's done method)....i am disappointed because they haven't given any update whatsoever, it has been over a year since they made a video or even a tweet, a simple: hello, we are still alive would have been enough. That's why i and many other people have given up on this mod.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm actually not excited for it anymore. In the end, it'll be fairly mediocre compared to quality games coming out right now.

I'm sure it will be fine, it's a mod, not a professional game release. And its free.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

i dont wanna be a pessimist or anything, but im pretty sure it won't release this year...

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

It's been years since they had started developing the mod. Been looking forward to play the mod since Chuck Norris said it'll be out this year.

I'm past the point of caring when it will be released... but when it is, it will be a permanent addition to my desktop

My advice: do not care until it's released.

It's the same for Half-Life 2: Episode 3. Makes it so much easier to wait.

Its been almost 2 years since they anaunced release date. I have been waiting the whole time, hoping to play it. Now im very dissapointed. No announcements since 2010. Ok, maybe it takes a long time to do it because it is hard to work with engine, or maybe they havent got allot of free time to work on it. But why they cant release something like Demo, or Beta versions of it, for us to see if its gonna be any good, ant if it is worth waiting, because if its going to be fail projenct when its done ( I doubt it, but IF), i gonna suicide, cos i wasted 2 years waiting for it....

Is there any proof that they're still working on the game?

Nothing from what I have seen...

I hope the post something soon, such a waste if this dies.

When asked about the lack of media, I believe they said they've stopped posting new media for two reasons, one, because it takes some of their spare time away which could be used on making the mod, and the other reason is that any announcements etc they make will be manipulated by others to mean anything, ie 'This clearly means the mod is dead' or 'It's going to be released within the week!'. I can see where they're coming from.

For those interested, there is a lot of information about mod on the Black Mesa wiki: http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/

Various small tidbits of media have seeped in to that, along with mod information compiled from the 'Ask the Developers' thread in the Cafeteria section on their forums.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."