Q & A Thread

About £500/£600, but I'm not one to upgrade to a better model without having a good and compelling reason to do so.

Would you like to come inside and have a nice cup of tea?

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I don't, not really worth the massive brain hemorrhage.

Who is the most evil video game publisher?

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Seeing as I get all of my information regarding the outside world from this forum and Ross Scott, then it has to be Electronic Arts. That being said, I still find it hard to forgive Konami for scuppering Silent Hills.

Same question (I don't think I gave a particularly good answer, sorry Helio)

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Evil or shitty? Activision wins shittiest company (just look at what they did with THPS 5), evil though? Probably EA. Same reason as Self/Ross Scott.

Shittiest video game company in your opinion?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

id hasn't really released too many "everyone's playing it" games recently. When's the last time someone called you up to say "Hey, let's play [post-1999 id title, like Rage or Doom III] tonight, Jimmy!"

Then again, id's currently a taxidermied action figure Bethesda bought.

Would you rather watch an hour of let's plays with a really dull and uninteresting host, but the game's super exciting, or the opposite?

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

exciting guy and dull as bricks game, hands down. I love gameplay videos, but if it's a "Let's Play" the personality counts for a lot. The right person could make me want to watch a let's play of old windows edutaintment games like Sammy's Science House.

Least favorite original disney movie/why?

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

Well seeing as Disney owns everything...

Frozen. Too hyped up.

Same question/s

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Robin Hood, although I have the same problem with it as I do the other Disney movies of the era.

On top of my overarching hatred of the company.

Lasers or machine guns?

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Laser machine guns.

If a video game reviewer feels that he couldn't add anything more to his review by playing through the whole thing does he have the right to stop playing and declare that as his final review? Why or why not?

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I think it depends on the context or how much care the game developers put into making it more than an average title, but basically I think they retain the right to not play through the entire thing, if it warrants it. Ross did it to Wolfenstein in Gaming Dungeonand I can't help but empathize with his position. Some games don't seem to care about drawing you into their world and I reckon some developers believe that setting linear goals is a apt replacement for narrative or atmosphere.

Of any fictional non-humanoid race or monster (fantasy or sci-fi is fine) which would you most like to be?

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

A dragon. Preferably the one without the standard "gold hoards, stealing princesses and always breathe fire".

What is the best way of getting rid of hornets in your room?

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

I find that fire works best.

What genre of music is your least favourite?

A dragon. Preferably the one without the standard "gold hoards, stealing princesses and always breathe fire".

One of the many many reasons I love Dungeons & Dragons is the absurd variety of Dragon types available, both in official products, secondary d20 licenses and fan homebrew stuff. One of my favourites Dragon-related monsters is the Squamous Spewer, an enormous amorphous mass of draconic scales, eyes, teeth and other odd limbs and features.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Modern Russian hip-hop. IMO, it's even worse than the common rap songs about thug life and money, because from the latter I at least liked a couple. From Russian hip-hop? I liked none of the songs. They suck, plain and simple.

Favourite compositor of classical music?

One of the many many reasons I love Dungeons & Dragons is the absurd variety of Dragon types available, both in official products, secondary d20 licenses and fan homebrew stuff. One of my favourites Dragon-related monsters is the Squamous Spewer, an enormous amorphous mass of draconic scales, eyes, teeth and other odd limbs and features.

I played an expansion of the first Neverwinter Nights, called Shadow of the Undrentide. It has one of the best dragon characters I've seen in Forgotten Realms

*looks up Squamous Spewer* It's... pretty adorable!... Okay, not really XD

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

If I'm not dead? Just out of uni and working in politics or IT, a volunteer for the Elsecar Heritage Railway on the side.

^ You didn't post a question longliveprose, I'll answer Woah's post too.

Hopefully working in a warehouse somewhere away from the public and most other people in general.

If you could be any type of train, what type of train would you be?

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

4952133364_1e3a2d6d7e_z.jpg

A4 pacific.

If you were an animal that wasn't an ape, what animal would you be?

A dog. Nah, just kidding, a cat. And not the kind of cat you see in YouTube videos doing funny stuff either, just a lazy, boring cat that does nothing but eat and sleep all day.

But hey, I feel like that answer may have been a bit obvious, so same question again for the next person!

A Velvet Worm, just paddling around on my squidgy boneless feet squirting goo at other primitive invertebrates honestly sounds marvellous.

Same question, cus' why not! :3

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa