should i play WoW?

Sign in to follow this  

i got bored of most of my current games, and to be honest, WoW would be the last thing i would play. not because of it not being a good game, but for what i remember, last time i played it (the free demo in 2007) i got so addicted to it that i almost failed the year at school. however, right now i have nothing else to play besides Battle Grounds 2 and With Fire and Sword.

what do you guys think? should i grab it or not? (if not, what else do you recomend? my pc cant play any games that have heavy graphics or need very fast CPU use(like shogun 2 or Black Ops) so any games from 2009 below are k)

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

I too am a WoW addict. I ran out of money, or I'd still be playing.

What style of games do you like besides RPG and revolutionary war FPS? I can probly make a nice list of good games for you to be able to play.

Also, post your system specs so I know exactly what your system can, and can't run. (some old hardware can run new stuff, some new hardware can't even run old stuff) CPU-Z is a great program for getting your detailed system specs. (just post screenshots of each tab)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It depends on if you're willing to basically devote your life to the game. I've heard some bad things about it and why it sucks, and a lot of the reasons are actually pretty sound, but seeing the game boxes and reading what's inside and watching videos, I'm already an addict and I've never even played the game! I would be playing if I had the finances.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

It depends on if you're willing to basically devote your life to the game. I've heard some bad things about it and why it sucks, and a lot of the reasons are actually pretty sound, but seeing the game boxes and reading what's inside and watching videos, I'm already an addict and I've never even played the game! I would be playing if I had the finances.

It's really awesome when you have friends to play it with. Also, there are some places you can get the original vanilla version of WoW, and then play it on private servers... I want to do that...

When I played the trial, I got the distinct impression it was only fun if you played it with friends. Playing it alone would probably be somewhat soul destroying.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Yeah leveling up is boring, but that's kinda the point of for every MMORPG. I used to play Runescape, and I wasted hours just cutting down Yew trees to get my woodcutting skill high, for no real reason anyway. There's no urgent woodcutting quests in that game!! >.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

No. Wait till Guild Wars 2 comes out instead.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

or Diablo. No subscription.

But, uh, I don't think the point of this thread is telling him to wait. to answer your question, if you do play wow, play ally side Garrosh. I'll level a toon with you. Should make the leveling part less tedious. :P

Retired Forum Moderator

It's only a job if you let it be a job. No one said you have to devote 10 hours a day to it.

Retired Forum Moderator

WoW is great if you hate fun and love boring and obtuse clicking with an awful playerbase.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

No.

Yup, don't do it. It's dangerous for your life :(

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

If you like it go right ahead, but try finding non-subscription games first. Never played WoW, but for the people I know personally who have it's a time-sucking money-vacuum.

Recommendations. "Limbo" is a pretty fun, albeit short, game that is best described as an eerie trial-and-death platform puzzle game. "The Stanley Parable" Any game set in the Half-Life universe, if you haven't played them all yet.(HL1, HL:BS, HL:OF, HL2, HL2:EP1, HL2:EP2, Portal, Portal 2) Portal 2 is new, but isn't too demanding.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Yeah leveling up is boring, but that's kinda the point of for every MMORPG. I used to play Runescape, and I wasted hours just cutting down Yew trees to get my woodcutting skill high, for no real reason anyway. There's no urgent woodcutting quests in that game!! >.<

When you are a member, there is. I wasted 3 years of my life on that game, I should know. I remember when I first got the Adze (can't remember the exact name). It was so amazing. Anyway, I would advise you not to play WoW, especially if you are easily addicted to games.

Hi Friend.

for what i remember from the demo i played in 2007, levelling up wasnt so boring... the problem was that killing little weak troggs and wolves got really boring after lvl 10. why cant you just fight a big mean ass monster lvl 100 that can be killed only by placing gun powder kegs all around him and blowing his face up?

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

for what i remember from the demo i played in 2007, levelling up wasnt so boring... the problem was that killing little weak troggs and wolves got really boring after lvl 10. why cant you just fight a big mean ass monster lvl 100 that can be killed only by placing gun powder kegs all around him and blowing his face up?

Uh... They have that too... 'Cept it's a level 85 Elite...