FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 39

FM39

Download 848x480 MKV (108MB)

Here is the much-delayed episode 39. I like this one if just for the fact that it finally ends the seemingly never-ending factory sections (for now anyway). For some reason, I started having a lot more ideas once I got out of the factory section of the game. For those that haven't played the game before, the upcoming episodes will have a lot more of the environment to "interact" with, so that makes things easier for me. While the filming is more or less done, voicework won't resume on Episode 40 until my throat gets better. Also it looks like the color got skewed on Youtube again, it feels like a dice toss these days as to how that will turn out, but the downloadable copy should look correct once I encode that.

i love the turn you took with that, i'm taking the guard conveniently being there as a character placement flaw on valves part. :D

but i can really understand the logic behind

shooting that guard

i mean first

the marine

and the

guard just let him through? yea i would of shot him also.

Ross the only criticism I would have is the "impossible" climbing you did in some parts like near the electric fence.

Try to do something like that in real life and you will understand you can hang on a small lamp like that but not climb on top of it, you wouldn't have any space to pull yourself up...!

And it looks like Gordon is starting jog around a bit more now and rapidly climbing ladders. ;)

Still a great and dramatcic episode.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

i let things like that go personally, i mean who's going to really think to shoot the transformer and the gate opening up?

now is anyone else surprised at how fast this got put up by Machinima after submission? i mean i'm not complaining, but damn.

It's good to see Freeman finally make his way out of those factories. That section is a pretty tedious part of the game. I'm trying to think whether or not he has anything left to recover with regards to his memory...

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

This is where we would need those ninja smileys mods ;).

And yes, I already said this before but we should be really grateful for machinima finally recognizing what the important videos are to upload. Cheers to them! *Cheers Smiley would be here*

Could this by the way mean future uploads will be faster :D

I gotta stop editing my posts so much....

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

now is anyone else surprised at how fast this got put up by Machinima after submission? i mean i'm not complaining, but damn.

They seem to like to upload Freeman's Mind on Fridays.

oh yea, i forgot! thank you Ross :)

for me this section of the game was difficult to put down, i can see it being difficult to not make episodes for! so i can see a slew of episodes coming covering the whole of this area. is this area called Questionable Ethics?

It is official now. Gordon's gone nuts.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

It is official now. Gordon's gone nuts.

He was already quite neurotic to begin with. :lol:

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

My laugh when Freeman encountered that guard was ridiculous.

Great episode as usual. That makes two awesome things today: no apocalypse and a new FM.

Are you going to put up the download for Ep. 38 as well in mkv?

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Ross the only criticism I would have is the "impossible" climbing you did in some parts like near the electric fence.

Try to do something like that in real life and you will understand you can hang on a small lamp like that but not climb on top of it, you wouldn't have any space to pull yourself up...!

While I'm not a parkour expert or anything, I've done a lot of climbing before. If you climb up by giving yourself a vertical jump boost as you're doing it, it will help push most of your weight up (so you don't have to lift your entire weight) assuming the gripping point is low enough. Once you can get up enough to have your stomach over the point, you can kind of scramble upright from that carefully. The only space you really "need" is for one foot and at least the side for one hand. Regardless, what I wanted to do was just stack the dog containers, but the game wouldn't let me move them.

Great episode! I've been looking forward to this chapter. I was surprised when he strait-up shot that guard. Makes me wonder if he'll kill the next scientists he encounters. "NO! You're just gonna kill me like you killed Peters! DIE DIE DIE!!!"

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.