What do you like to read?

My topic duplication senses are tingling.

Anyway, i still don't really like books. But i am currently actually reading Java beginning programming for dummies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just finished rereading Misery by Stephen King. It still tears me apart when she destroys his novel.

@Pinkie Pie

Your signature is much too tall. You might be on a high resolution screen, but people viewing it with smaller resolutions, it covers like half of the browser, and for something that's included in every post, that's quite big.

Sorry, this one any better? If not tell me because I'll scale it lower.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

no, something that's about the size of my sig is fine though, that's still much to big..

yes though, i like that one, thank you for complying to the needs and wants of the forum populace. please pick up your official Accursed farms badge at the door.

Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

I read The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis over the past few days.

I think I will re-read the Narnia books.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Last book I read was "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress", again...

I enjoy Clive Cussler, Ben Bova, Asimov, Heinlein, Thor Heyerdahl, and a few others...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm currently halfway through "The Big Switch" by Harry Turtledove, which is the third book in his "The War that Came Early" alternate-history series.

Basically, WWII breaks out in 1938 when Chamberlain doesn't appease Hitler. Germany allies with, of all places, Poland (instead of it being a target in 1939, it becomes an ally against the USSR)

Things get weirder in this book. Like I said, I'm only halfway, but it looks as though Rudolf Hess's mission to get the UK and France to ally with Germany against Russia might be going to work in this universe.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Believe it or not, I giggled like a little girl with the first book. I swear it, it's was like watching a soap opera. Couldn't put it down until I finished it.

The second one annoyed me. It was too much moping. Couldn't stop reading it either.

The third book was also very soap opera-like. Twists and turns. Awkward moments. Cheesy situations. Awesome.

The fourth was just madness. Undiluted, unfiltered, explosive. Everyone was a damned super hero. Loved it.

The movies are really not a fair adaptation. Or maybe they make the silliness of the whole thing more evident. I don't know. And Kristen Stewart? I'm sorry. She's pretty, but c'mon, the girl is incapable of displaying human emotion.

You can -rep me now ;).

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Reading the Chronicles of Narnia again.

It will come as a surprise to me if The Horse and His Boy doesn't somehow at the very least get a shout-out in My Little Pony somewhere on the line.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I recieved The Neverending Story in the mail a while back. I'm currently reading that one.

I'm gonna read through the entire book the first time, and just the green part the second time. :P

Also known as "Username"

Hey, me too! I read that book about fifteen years ago the first time and liked it very much. Got it from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. When I finish Under the Dome, perhaps I'll give it a quick going over.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

last serious, non fanfic thing i read was Hamlet. made it to scene 3, then school was over and i had to return it to the library.

now in summer i'll be reading "Los Perfumes" ("Das Parfum" being original name), by Suskind. but that for school.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Whoo, forgot all about this thread. I can see my other posts from here!

Anyway, atm reading The Chronicles of Narnia fr the 47th time. Specifically The Silver Chair.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I mostly read technical books. I read all of my text books cover to cover this semester:

The Cultural Landscape

The New Spaniards (actually read it twice)

EnCase Certified Examiner

Computer Networking: A Top Down Approach

EDIT: I also read a book on Mobile Forensics, although it wasn't required.

More typically, this summer I read some of Stephen King (mostly writing as Richard Bachman). I read The Long Walk, The Running Man, Thinner. I also read about half of the A+ Certification book. My reading plans for the winder includes mostly technical books, but I also want to read Blaze, The Dark Half, and The Dead Zone (All 3 by King), as well as start Don Quixote.

I'll check back in a few weeks to see how much I haven't done because of my general apathy...

Survival Horror

Tasteful plays

Sci-Fi

Anything fantasy

Anything by Tolkien

Anything by S.D Perry

Plus I write my own books

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.