What do you like to read?

I just played that game, you're gonna like it.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I mostly like fantasy, some science fiction and a few romance stories.

Most in german though, so I don't know the english titles for them.

Some I remember though:

'The Dwarfes' quadrilogy by Markus Heitz (I think only the first book was translated

into english?)

'The Black Magician' trilogy and 'Age of the Five' trilogy by Trudi Canavan

'Wheel of Time' series by Robert Jordan (?)

'A Song for Arbonne' by Guy Gavriel Kay

'The Han Solo Adventures' by Brian Daley

Well, that are the ones I can remember english titles for anyway, probably forgot

some though.

The one series I 'read' most so far is Harry Potter.

As audiobook though. Everytime I can't sleep or am out walking and not wanting

to listen to cars or music (or other audiobooks) I continue where I left of.

I think I must have listen to the complete series four times so far... :oops:

I also liked Metro 2033 (the book and the game) because of the unusual scenario.

But the book was horribly written in my opinion. :?

- Stephenie Meyer: yes, I’m also a Twilight Saga and The Host fan. Deal with it.

Ah thank god, I didn't wanted to out myself, but I enjoyed the twilight series. :)

It wasn't well written and in my opinion had a poor plot but it was readable nontheless.

I don't know if anyone else heard about this, but J.K. Rowling Is launching a site called Pottermore in October. Since Monday they've been giving limited early membership access, and I just got one of the accounts :D

th_063e0384.jpg

In case anyone is interested, I think the registration for today is still open. The answer to the secret question is 21.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

*anything by Gordon Wood or Sam Adams is good for me. im that kind of guy that likes a lot history books... perhaps i like em too much =P

*story wise, i read books in spanish... like Puig, Borges, Lorca and Allende... also translations from other languanges... like Ibsen (Norwegian), Camus (French), Sophocles (good, old Greek) and Angelou (Yankee)

*not too many poems... just the ones we are forced to read at my school and that 1 i wrote some years ago...

*script wise... well... i write my own (if i feel like it) =P

when i have the time, i might read "Facundo, Civilización y Barbarie" by Domingo Faustino Sarmiento... either that or "With Fire and Sword" by Henryk Sienkiewicz if i can find a decent english translation...

i can make a full list of the books i read if you people want

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Just started the Foundation series by Asimov, just finished the Henderson's Boys series by Roberet Muchamore.

Say hello to Hari Seldon for me :D

I like his style, but his theories seem a little far fetched for me.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Science fiction, as dictated by the fact that I own and have read every single Starcraft book.

Andromeda Strain is also a personal favorite.

Retired Forum Moderator

Anything like Lord of the Rings or Beowulf. And TONS of language books.

the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz, i get most of my writing inspiration from his style of writing << fun-fact. and i love the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. i own all 9 books in the first series i mentioned, and i'm working on the second one.

The Alphabet of manliness by Maddox, is the funniest book i own.

What book are you reading at the moment?

I have some books I've started to read on summer and I still haven't finished them yet (Inkheart trylogy and Treasure Island in Polish). I also must read Makbet for school and some polish stuff. Except of those, I'm reading Monty Python Flying Circuss: Words Only (entire script) part 1 and Down Under.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

the Alex Rider series, it includes 9 books that i'm reading from the beginning. why? because reading is fucking awesome! seriously.

right now i'm on Skeleton Key(3rd!)

is it a bad sign that i saw the word "Books" then i was all over this page? :lol:

Why would that be a bad sign? It's nice to get away from technology for a while and sit down with a good book.

I'm reading the series of unfortunate events books again. I remember reading them all through elementary and remembering they were pretty good. So far they still hold up.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Just finished rereading Misery by Stephen King. It still tears me apart when she destroys his novel.

@Pinkie Pie

Your signature is much too tall. You might be on a high resolution screen, but people viewing it with smaller resolutions, it covers like half of the browser, and for something that's included in every post, that's quite big.