Accursed Farms Meetup?

Acting on the philosophy of "It's better to regret something you have done, than regret something you haven't done", I've had an idea for a while to see if anyone was interested in doing a meetup for Accursed Farms. You would get to meet me, maybe F.C. Meixell (voice of the shadow man from CP), and maybe Craig Mengel (voice of Dave from CP) although Craig may decline on account of him thinking you people are psychos. Right now I have no solid plans at all, I just wanted to see if there was any interest in this. I was leaning towards going to an amusement park as a venue for this. That way if nobody shows up, I still get to go to an amusement park. If hundreds show up, I don't have to worry about facilities to handle that.

I currently live in Blacksburg, Virginia, so you can look that up on a map to figure out where a good location for everyone might be. The farther away from me the location is, the less likely I want to travel there for this; especially since I don't currently have a car, but I can try to figure something out for that. Again, there are no definite plans for this right now, I don't know when, where, or if it will happen, but if there's enough interest in this, I'm up for it.

Finally, I was hoping to have this post after the next Freeman's Mind was released, but since that's gotten delayed a few weeks due to a sound editing hold-up, that unfortunately won't be for a little while still.

EDIT: It looks like there's definitely enough interest, I'll figure out specifics and have a new post with the details later on.

[poll id=6]

I think that would be pretty cool. Shame I live on the other side of the damn planet... But still, you have enough psychos fans in the States to build your own army, so a meeting would be a massive event.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Alright, I will sell my house, and pay my ticket to travel from Argentina to USA.

But, my house costs $2 ... so.... have fun.

Dammit, I knew I should have spent my resources to research trebuchets, my army of onagers don't have enough range :cry: .

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Can you add a "Fan of Freeman's Mind and CP, but not such a fanboy/girl to follow Ross everywhere he goes" option?

Can you add a "Fan of Freeman's Mind and CP, but not such a fanboy/girl to follow Ross everywhere he goes" option?

That would be the "maybe" option, you like it, but not enough to risk going out. After all, we all know how that goes :roll: .

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Ross!!!! You probably could not come up with this idea when you were in Poland, couldn't you?!!!! It would be just around the corner for me then, since I'm from Czech Republic. As your biggest and most faithful fan, and you know it, I feel kinda offended by this. I don't know if Virginia even exists and you are planning a meeting there. Well I hope you will penetrate it well, americans! Welcome to Whoreginia then! This is too mainstream.

Blacksburg, VA indeed exists.... or, at least, it did when I went there about 10 years ago and I see no evidence to not deduce that it continues to exist. Unfortunately, I can't afford to return there right now for a meetup. :cry:

If a meetup happens, I'll be there in spirit!

Alright, I will sell my house, and pay my ticket to travel from Argentina to USA.

But, my house costs $2 ... so.... have fun.

Well this is just an experiment right now. Who knows, after I finish the movie, if I actually have enough money (which is a big if), I could see traveling to different locations to do this sort of thing if there was enough interest.

Blacksburg, VA is, according to Google maps, about two hours and forty-five minutes from my house. I mean, it'd be cool to meet you, Ross, but gas is fucking expensive and I'm not quite that psychotic of a fan. But if you happen to travel through NC, which isn't super unreasonable, let me know.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Hell Yes!!! Accursed Con 2012 all the way. I'm from Boston so that'd be a bit of a trek, but since I was planning on touring colleges down in Virginia anyway I could schedule it around the time of the Con, and we can ride rides, discuss Freeman's Mind, brainstorm Civil Protection ideas, and start a MASSIVE Accursed Farms cult!

Blacksburg, VA is, according to Google maps, about two hours and forty-five minutes from my house. I mean, it'd be cool to meet you, Ross, but gas is fucking expensive and I'm not quite that psychotic of a fan. But if you happen to travel through NC, which isn't super unreasonable, let me know.

Shit, this is scarily accurate, that's pretty much how it is for me too.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Shit, this is scarily accurate, that's pretty much how it is for me too.

Does that mean you're living in my house? :shock:

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

This sounds like such a cool idea! I suppose it would depend on timing and scheduling. If possible, I would love to attend!

Perhaps you could time it so that it coincided with a larger event in the area, like a convention or sports match or something that would constitute a weekend trip (college visits for the youngins?). Then more people may be in/around your area. Or, if you feel willing, you could travel to a larger city, a midpoint between people who would like to attend.

I don't even have a catapult... and I can't jump that far, never learned to properly bunnyhop. Have fun though, wonder what kind of cult you're talking about. We going to conquer the world? Cause I'm in for that.

I love your polls Ross, the choices are always hilarious

Hat tips and good days