Vent

I spelt it right, I have no clue what you guys mean...

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Veterinarian's are animal physicians. :P The discount for war veterans is quite literally just Veterans Discount.

OT: So the MLG "snyper 4 lyfe" players have started showing up in Overwatch and it's gotten so bad that to even have fun I have to jump between several different matches just find one NOT held at a stand still because the sniper's so good she always has her see-through-walls ult up. Her health needs to be reduced or something. She has more health than one of the supports who needs to be in line of site and mid range to enemies just to be more than sorta useful...

Why is it so damn hard for game companies to make snipers actually fun to play AGAINST. The sound of that rifle should NOT be followed by the desire to quit the game and do something else.

Retired Forum Moderator

Veterinarian = animal doctor.

Veteran = person who served in the war.

A Veterinarian is NOT a Veteran. Though it can be confused with each other because the short word for both are called Vets. :P So.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Ok... If you're perfect now, then give me the spare $100 million dollars you have in your pockets... lol

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

From Software apparently fixed the loophole in their code that allowed hackers to ban innocent players by adding modified items to their inventory and the dude responsible for getting over 2000 people banned is patting himself on the back for getting them to fix it.

You could just, idunno, tell them the loophole exists? It's serious enough that they'd patch it even if it was to remain relatively unknown. In fact, those 2000 bans were pointless. This would have been fixed regardless once they find out about it. Sure he added severity to the issue but I refuse to believe this shit was out of the "goodness of his heart." Then again, trying to stop a halfwit with a god complex from grasping any opportunity to self validate themselves is an exercise in overwhelming futility. You'd have a higher success rate trying to make adaptive AI with a box of grapenuts and a Speak N Spell.

It's a shame really. A walking, breathing waste of potential. Imagine if he devoted that kinda effort to something other than winning the hearts and minds of the internet's lowest common denominator.

"But this teaches them not to have loopholes in their code!" says a large mass of people who's knowledge of programming starts and ends with "I heard it makes computers go."

Retired Forum Moderator

I think it'll teach them to not be assholes when banning people... If you're banning people just for having a modded item, something's VERY wrong. Just remove the item, like Star Trek Online does automatically.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Veterinarian = animal doctor.

Veteran = person who served in the war.

A Veterinarian is NOT a Veteran. Though it can be confused with each other because the short word for both are called Vets. :P So.

What if you were a Veteran and also a Veterinarian? Does that make you a double Vet or a Vet Vet?

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Yes, that makes you a Vet Vet. XP And if your name is Vet, then you're Vet Vet Vet. And if your middle name and surname is also Vet, you're Vet Vet Vet Vet Vet. And if you're also a Veterinarian Veteran (I guess a Veterinarian who served the community enough to be honoured), then you're a Vet Vet Vet Vet Vet Vet. :D

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Vet Vet Vet Vet Vet Vet.

Will will smith smith

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Okay, we had our fun. Yes I made a mistake, we laughed and laughed. That was fun. But now it's time to move on.

Oh we weren't laughing at your mistake. :D We were laughing at our immaturity and different ways of saying Veteran and Veterinarian. XP To confuse the shit out of people.

-------

trying to stop a halfwit with a god complex from grasping any opportunity to self validate themselves is an exercise in overwhelming futility. You'd have a higher success rate trying to make adaptive AI with a box of grapenuts and a Speak N Spell.

I wish I could be this eloquent when venting. Seriously, that was borderline poetic. Having played versus in Left 4 Dead for three years (a wretched, scum-filled, mostly derelict community as you might imagine), I've had run-ins with players similar to what you described. There's one person in particular who's almost notorious for doing malicious things to your game/connection (DDOS attacks, making your game unplayable by altering your config files, etc.) for the most trivial reasons, if any reason at all, and then vainly trying to morally rationalize these actions by claiming that the (completely innocent) players "made him do it." I even once saw him DDOS a Russian player experiencing massive ping issues who thought he was initially being DDOS'd. However, he wasn't, and this guy, for whatever reason, felt that the Russian "made him" DDOS him.

"You're falsely claiming that I'm DDOSing you (which is an entirely reasonable assumption since I'm an absolute lunatic), so let me DDOS you to prove my innocence! It's alright, guys, he made me do it. I know you're in the middle of a tournament and all but I have to assert my dominance."

These sorts of people will do anything to convince themselves that their unprovoked attacks on others are somehow morally justified, or are serving some "greater good." It would be almost cute if it wasn't so depressing...

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I think it'll teach them to not be assholes when banning people... If you're banning people just for having a modded item, something's VERY wrong. Just remove the item, like Star Trek Online does automatically.

It was an automated system that issued a soft ban for having modified game code. From was scrambling to fix the issue once it was discovered. The hackers would make items that for the most part were just regular weapons but had a program in the background add effects to it when they attacked someone, modifying the other players game code but keeping theirs inconspicuous.

Most hacks in dark souls are not bad because they add items to their inventory, but because they give themselves unreal amounts of health (like beyond what's naturally achievable through leveling up and items) as well as super speed, attack speed, damage amounts, invincibility, etc. Items aren't even an issue since the most powerful weapons and even level up items can be given to other characters. Even then a new player with god gear and sped leveled to 120 is still no match for a player who played their way their and has had that same gear far longer as well as time to figure out what they're good with. equipment hacking is a non-issue really.

You could still play the game, but you were locked to servers specifically for people who got soft banned. (other cheaters, etc.)

It would be almost cute if it wasn't so depressing...

The best we can really do is be glad encounters like this are fleeting. Like stubbing your toe. It's inevitable and it sucks a ton but the pain goes away relatively quick.

Also the box of grapenuts and a speak n spell was a Strong Bad reference. But the rest was pure annoyance fueled creativity. Seemingly the only time I'm ever creative these days is when I'm frustrated. <_<

"Remember the time that Bubs made a Strong Bad robot out of a box of grapenuts and a speak n spell?

Now spell, "come back Ali, come back Ali sister"

No way! That sounds just like me!"

Retired Forum Moderator

Did someone say Strong Bad?!

Iejbogo.png

(Can double as a vent too!)

Nothing to vent at the moment. Life's pretty good right now.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

What if you were a Veteran and also a Veterinarian? Does that make you a double Vet or a Vet Vet?

You never have to pay for anything. You are entitled to just take anything you want, at any time.

:3

You seem almost disappointed.

:P

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Please don't pull a BTG. If there's no need to post, then don't post.

Bra-fucking-vo, Magnus Pehrsson. You managed to destroy Estonian football in just few years... First match over 9 years i turn off. 9 years!!!

..like seriously, it was like someone tought "hey, Estonia is doing too well, better send someone to screw it up"- and he has done tremendous job... fucks sakes. (please dont ask more, just look estonian matches since 2014... way below bar with few exceptions)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Dear world,

Please let the word "overrated" die. Like honestly let that word cease to exist. I've never seen a single word kill someones credibility so fast and frankly I'm getting sick of hearing it. It's a scummy word that exists to make those upset that people like something that they don't feel validated as if you even need to validate a dislike. It's not "overrated" you just don't like it. Stop trying to pass off your damn opinion as fact and stop trying to make others feel bad about liking something.

Sincerely,

Shut the fuck up.

I think this has to be THE word I hate the most. Like this word can just ruin my mood for a good hour if I'm not careful. Honestly, what a shitty word to the core.

Retired Forum Moderator

I've seen some good arguments against the word "overrated", so I try to avoid using it myself.

But on a similar note, could people PLEASE stop calling little things "cancer" or "cancerous"? It is in a way trivialising a disease that is tearing apart families and slowly and painfully killing people (sadly, I can say that from experience).