Vent

I wanted to make a joke about this thread has become the "Rarity Hates Everything" subforum, but I figured he/she might fly through the internet and punch me into another plane of existence... :P(you know I'm just kidding, I also apologize for not actually knowing your gender)

This thread keeps me sane and happy everywhere else. Sorta. :P As for gender, either pronoun is fine.

Retired Forum Moderator

I sarcastically replied that I wasn't and was instead planning on starting a back-alley abortion clinic in the produce department.

:lol: That was glorious Selfsurprise. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I wanted to make a joke about this thread has become the "Rarity Hates Everything" subforum, but I figured he/she might fly through the internet and punch me into another plane of existence... :P(you know I'm just kidding, I also apologize for not actually knowing your gender)

This thread keeps me sane and happy everywhere else. Sorta. :P As for gender, either pronoun is fine.

We all employ ways and means of staving off "the hate". I'll refer to you as "their pangenderness" from now on... :3

I sarcastically replied that I wasn't and was instead planning on starting a back-alley abortion clinic in the produce department.

:lol: That was glorious Selfsurprise. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

I'm glad you saw the funny side of it Helio, thanks mate :DHe found it less amusing. I try not to bring my problems with me when I'm on this forum, it was a kind of a new year's resolution that I'd stop complaining about my job so much. If I am going to whine I should at least bring along a snarky anecdote or two.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Whelp, I've decided - can't drive for shit and should never drive anyway. I don't have good reflexes, I'm not observant, I'm not quick, and I piss everyone off. I want to tell my mother that I don't want to drive and that I want to go on public transport for the rest of my life cause that seems more sane than making stupid slow me drive a car. Or maybe I'll just ride a bike around everywhere. I don't care. I just refuse to drive because I suck so much. I'm just on my L1s which means I only need to wait 3 months before I get my L2s. Then I have to drive for a set amount of hours to get my P1s, then a test to get my P2s. It's been... a YEAR... and the driving instructor still says I need practice. How fucking stupid am I, I can't do anything for shit. It'll take me 10 years to get my full license. I just don't want to drive or be the cause of some guy's completely rational road rage. Why do I have to be the person that decided how traffic flows? That's retarded, I can't do that. I'll be the cause of someone getting fired cause they were too late to get to work. Why can't I just give up and stop trying to achieve something I don't even want. Trains are safer anyway... and being on a train stops me from thinking of driving the car straight into a brick wall or a river to end my own suffering. I think 95% of the road would agree that me driving into a river is beneficial for the rest of the morning and afternoon traffic.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Whelp, I've decided - can't drive for shit and should never drive anyway. I don't have good reflexes, I'm not observant, I'm not quick, and I piss everyone off. I want to tell my mother that I don't want to drive and that I want to go on public transport for the rest of my life cause that seems more sane than making stupid slow me drive a car. Or maybe I'll just ride a bike around everywhere. I don't care. I just refuse to drive because I suck so much. I'm just on my L1s which means I only need to wait 3 months before I get my L2s. Then I have to drive for a set amount of hours to get my P1s, then a test to get my P2s. It's been... a YEAR... and the driving instructor still says I need practice. How fucking stupid am I, I can't do anything for shit. It'll take me 10 years to get my full license. I just don't want to drive or be the cause of some guy's completely rational road rage. Why do I have to be the person that decided how traffic flows? That's retarded, I can't do that. I'll be the cause of someone getting fired cause they were too late to get to work. Why can't I just give up and stop trying to achieve something I don't even want. Trains are safer anyway... and being on a train stops me from thinking of driving the car straight into a brick wall or a river to end my own suffering. I think 95% of the road would agree that me driving into a river is beneficial for the rest of the morning and afternoon traffic.

You shouldn't beat yourself up so much Jeb! I don't drive and I couldn't be happier. There are certain undeniable benefits that owning a car has, but it really isn't for everyone. It strikes me that you and I have reasonably similar personality types (i.e. worrisome, a greater-than-average distrust of people, a "the glass is half empty" * outlook, etc), can you honestly say you'd be happy with the many overarching pressures owning a car would entail? Fretting if you've got all your taxes paid off, roadworthiness checks and MOT's, the underlying fear that some human pondlife with vandalize your vehicle, etc - and that's before you even take driving the sodding thing into account! I took driving lessons about ten or twelve years ago and aside from exciting incident where I drove over a roundabout, the only thing I aced at was parking the car. I spent a lot of money on lessons and failed two theory tests to reach the eventual conclusion that driving definitely wasn't for me.

* Or alternatively, a "the glass doesn't exist AND NEITHER DO I" outlook.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I mean, usually I'm actually quite optimistic - as long as I'm at home and alone... but yes, I distrust everyone and they should distrust me. XD I'm a bitch. A terrible selfish human being.

But you've just listed even more things that I don't want to look forward to. The taxes... the petrol... the fear of an accident. And driving is so lazy! I want to just ride a bike around everywhere, that'll get me fit. But yeah, I can't drive. If somebody tells me to "stop", I first have to run through some reasoning in my head, be all like; "But what for? How fast? What's the situation?" And it takes me WAY too long to actually stop. -.- And then people yell at me for not stopping. So in order to not piss people off and be a good citizen, I want to just NOT drive. But I have no idea how I'll convince my mother that I'm not meant to drive. I piss too many people off. I gotta stop doing that...

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I mean, usually I'm actually quite optimistic - as long as I'm at home and alone... but yes, I distrust everyone and they should distrust me. XD I'm a bitch. A terrible selfish human being.

But you've just listed even more things that I don't want to look forward to. The taxes... the petrol... the fear of an accident. And driving is so lazy! I want to just ride a bike around everywhere, that'll get me fit. But yeah, I can't drive. If somebody tells me to "stop", I first have to run through some reasoning in my head, be all like; "But what for? How fast? What's the situation?" And it takes me WAY too long to actually stop. -.- And then people yell at me for not stopping. So in order to not piss people off and be a good citizen, I want to just NOT drive. But I have no idea how I'll convince my mother that I'm not meant to drive. I piss too many people off. I gotta stop doing that...

Maybe I'm just such a misanthropic arsehole that I sometimes forget that many people are just natural pessimists rather than card-carrying Houellebecqian entropy advocating nihilists like me ;p I know how annoying it can be when people spout chirpy but ultimately unhelpful gibberish about "every cloud having a silver lining" or "looking on the bright side of things" or any other number of overutilized and vomit-inducing platitudes. Just don't let other people's snowflake egos and self-centered slights against you turn into self-loathing. If you are going to hate yourself then do it on your own terms, not on other folks uninteresting and artless standards. Also, though I'm certain you are a civilized and fundamentally kind person who wants no trouble, don't bother trying to not piss off the general populace and even half-familiar acquaintances. They aren't worth the hassle.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Good news: I got Mirror's Edge Catalyst installed, and I'm loving it. Bad news, EA/DICE. The game's barely being advertised/promoted. You know what would have been amazing? If at E3 they were like "Hey, Mirror's Edge Catalyst is out, go buy it!". Nope, nothing. Hell, Bethesda was like "DOOM's out, it's fucking amazing, go buy it!" This is the exact same issue the original Mirror's Edge had, lack of advertisement.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

in order to not piss people off and be a good citizen.

I piss too many people off. I gotta stop doing that...

What's wrong with pissing people off? Unless I'm specifically told not to I do it all the time and I don't care what other people think. If I'm being insulted I usually chuck the insult straight back at them. As far as I'm concerned it's their fault for getting that frustrated with me in the first place thus making me superior to them because I didn't get mad at them. 8-) .Plus I sorta love watching people lose their shit. It's like watching a firecracker, except the firecracker verbally explodes rather than literally. The salt is delicious.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

What's wrong? you're pissing people off. That's what's wrong. Generally speaking, people don't want to be pissed off. Some might want to be pissed on but that's a different topic.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I don't like pissing people off because it's a generally unpleasant feeling. Why feel anger or sadness or annoyance when you could be happy? AKA: Why have to deal with me when you don't have to deal with me? :S So, yah, I don't like making people upset. I just want people to be happy.

OT: New rant: I suck at life. I've decided. I took English Writing as a class because I thought I was decent at writing. My grades say otherwise. C+, C, C-. Then I look at my classmate who isn't really good at anything and she's getting B+'s. *Sighs* There goes my hopes and dreams... goodbye my possible writing career. I didn't realize I sucked so much. I actually thought I was good, but nope. I was so wrong. People are just saying my writing is good cause they don't wanna be honest and hurt me. :S Now this whole class is a waste of my energy. So many people are better than me... I'm getting the worst grades in the class. Why do I suck... I thought I was gooooood. Ughhh... is this what it feels like to be bad at maths?

-------

No,you don't suck at life,Jeb. Not at all.

Your grades may say otherwise,but I know you have talent somewhere. Yours must be more unique. I've read your work and it's awesome! Hell,you're a good artist and you're good with computers and you're a great composer! Don't beat yourself up! You're a good person! Be happy! :D

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Grades also aren't the most accurate depiction of a person either. Hell, I'm a programmer and you know what grade I got in my first programming class? I got a F. I was only passed on pity points since I was like .3 percent from a passing grade which even then the instructor was extremely hesitant to do. Don't be too hard on yourself over this. Just do what I did and refuse to accept that and work to become better than everyone else. Granted I'm still very far from being better than everyone else but I'm not done working either. :P

Retired Forum Moderator

I don't like pissing people off because it's a generally unpleasant feeling. Why feel anger or sadness or annoyance when you could be happy? AKA: Why have to deal with me when you don't have to deal with me? :S So, yah, I don't like making people upset. I just want people to be happy.

The problem is they won't be happy no matter what you do. Yes they could be happy, but they let life/work get to them and so they choose not to be. So being nice to them is pointless because that's a choice they alone have to make.

I did the exact same thing you're doing right now a few years back and it was so unbelievably draining. People only remembered me for the bad mistakes I did. It didn't matter that I was trying to be nice, it never mattered that I was trying to be nice. So I said "fuck it" and never looked back. I am still having to deal with the fact that nothing I do matters but at least I've stopped indulging the illusion that it ever did.

So Jeb please don't let people push you around, fight back. Every victory you make for yourself is always something worth fighting for and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Remember it's their choice and their choice alone to wallow in their own self-fulfilling misery. Don't let that be your choice too.

Anyway enough of this super depressing stuff. Now time for super happiness. :D:D:D

Why have to deal with me when you don't have to deal with me? :S

Don't be silly, my dear - dealing with you is a pleasure and a privilege.

People are just saying my writing is good cause they don't wanna be honest and hurt me. :S Now this whole class is a waste of my energy. So many people are better than me...

Nah, your writing is good. Your stories are good - the ideas, the storytelling...

You probably need to practice writing in past tense, though. It gives so much more flexibility and lets you avoid having to go into too many descriptive details.

But - if some people are better at writing than you, so what? Doesn't mean your writing is bad.

And as Rarity said - just keep working. Don't let the little snags stop you. But - I know you won't stop... you are way too stubborn and resilient for that :P

Regards

@ Jeb: The artist Damien Hirst dropped out of high school and only due to his art teacher's encouragement did he take an A-Level course on the subject, which resulted in an E Grade and an initial rejection into the Leeds College of Art. Whatever people think of his work or career trajectory, I can't think of many other artists whose oeuvre has been as commercially and critically successful. If there hope for a YBA ex-delinquent like him then there's hope for us all! :3

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

This might not be the right place for this, it's a good problem to have, but you know when you've discovered a song you just can't stop listening to? So much so that it starts to eat into time you ought to be doing more productive things? I've recently discovered the song Lady by a band called Chromatics and despite my inner-adult-brain's many inquiries into "what the hell I'm doing" (to paraphrase Ross) I'm managing to procrastinate and stall my better judgement in order to keep listening to the track.

tbx8qRg6tPE

I must of purposefully listened to it thirty to forty times this week, no foolin'.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

So for the first time in Dark Souls I used the Black Separation Crystal to kick a phantom I summoned out of my world.

I was passing through a heavy PVP hotzone and wasn't in the mood to deal with the waves of invaders so I summoned a phantom to help me clear the path quicker and get to the boss. So when he sat back and let me "honor" fight 2 invaders at the same time without helping (who I managed to beat through sheer dumb luck) I kicked him out. I summoned him for the express purpose of helping out and he did none of that; instead opting to uphold some bullshit honor rule about "no ganking" to be fair on the invaders. It wasn't even ganking it would have been a 2v2 but this little shit decided I needed to deal with this myself. I was so pissed I even made sure to use the "point up" gesture as he faded to make it look like i was flipping him off.

A simple message to anyone who plays or is thinking of playing any DS game and participate in coop. If you're not going to help your host with everything thrown at him, don't place your sign down. If you don't like how the host conducts himself, then leave. Other than that, leave your self imposed rules in the world you came from.

Those signs are there to help those struggling with the game. If you're not gonna help them because you think they need to learn by them self, then discard your soap stone and fuck off.

Normally I like PvP and would have welcome the waves of invaders as I progressed but this character is literally not designed for PvP so I didn't want to deal with that.

Retired Forum Moderator

I tried doing that last year, it never helped me. If anything, the more I ask myself if I made people happy, the more I feel bad that I didn't do enough, or if they take me for granted. It really messed me up emotionally last year. Nowadays I stopped worrying about upsetting people. If they're gonna judge me, screw them. This may sound like me being an asshole, but it brought back some of my self-esteem.

As for your writing. Don't let a C or C- discourage you. While there's always room for improvement, a failing grade shouldn't stop you from what you love doing. This is coming from someone who's gone through this situation before. I've been discouraged from the guitar a few times, but i've come through, while deafening them in the process.

Look, you're a very talented person, I can't stress that enough. You are dripping with creativity in many fields. Your skills in the keyboards, drawing and writing? You have no idea how I wish I could be as good as you are. I'm not kidding, I'd sell my soul for those.

Welp, now what?