Vent

So, I'm playing Final Fantasy 3 on Steam for the first time. I'm doing fine, when I notice the "JOBS" section is greyed off. It wasn't earlier. I've put in about 5 hours into the game. I've looked online for a solution, I find that other people have the exact same issue. Some around the same time as me, others way later in the game. There's no solution, other than starting over. Nothing from Square. This has been a problem since 2014 at least. slow claps Good job Square. I'm not starting over in the off chance it could happen again. Hell, if one comment's to be believed, it's happened to one person 90% of the time. Other than that, it's a really enjoyable game.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

So, I'm playing Final Fantasy 3 on Steam for the first time. I'm doing fine, when I notice the "JOBS" section is greyed off. It wasn't earlier. I've put in about 5 hours into the game. I've looked online for a solution, I find that other people have the exact same issue. Some around the same time as me, others way later in the game. There's no solution, other than starting over. Nothing from Square. This has been a problem since 2014 at least. slow claps Good job Square. I'm not starting over in the off chance it could happen again. Hell, if one comment's to be believed, it's happened to one person 90% of the time. Other than that, it's a really enjoyable game.

I've never played FF3 so I'm not sure what you mean, is this "JOBS" section a feature in game that Square has sloppily done away with?

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I've never played FF3 so I'm not sure what you mean, is this "JOBS" section a feature in game that Square has sloppily done away with?

It's the class system in other games (and you can change your class whenever), like in games like TF2, Overwatch, Dark Souls , etc. etc. You have Warrior, thief, white mage, black mage, dragoon, red mage, among others. Job changing was in the original FF3 (back on the Famicom). Back in 2006(?) it was remade for the DS (and now it's in 3D), and later ported to IOS and PC/Steam. I think the bug only exists in the Steam version.

It's kinda game breaking, seeing as there's a few areas where you need to use Toad/mini on your party, and if you don't have items, or anyone who can cast those spells, well you're screwed.

As for Matrix Entertainment (they handled the remake/porting) adding it in last minute, not likely. More like no one testing it (for the PC/Steam version), and not bothering to fix it in the two years it's been on Steam.

My solution is to use a save game editor to change classes when needed.

@3D_Journeyman: Man, if your friends are ditching you they ain't much friends. :P Look elsewhere for company. Go out somewhere! Or even talk to some people here! :D I'm free for chatting any time!

@Kydure: Vappy and Kydure agreeing on something? :lol: It's a blue moon!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

"A connection error occurred, returning to your world."

"summoning failed due to timeout."

Holy shit, From Software. Your game's been out for over a month in the US and over 2 in japan and your servers still fail more than they work. How many times do I have to keep seeing this every hour before you get the idea that YOUR SERVERS ARE STILL FUCKED?! I've put down my summon sign 4 times and all 4 times the summon has failed. What I get for trying to be nice and helpful I guess. Invasions work fine after all...

Edit: Yet another 40mb patch. Still no patch notes. That makes like 7 and still nothing has changed.

Retired Forum Moderator

We should all give up on computer games entirely and play Wiggly Worms instead.

pic246659.jpg

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

We should all give up on computer games entirely and play Wiggly Worms instead.

pic246659.jpg

*Starts playing, and somehow, it crashes*

30373650.jpg

*Starts playing, and somehow, it crashes*

Crossbows & Catapults?

230797.jpg

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Crossbows & Catapults?

A bug in which the catapults have a range of only 1 unit. Also clipping errors with the walls.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Mom: You should go outside more often

Me (in my head) : And do what?! Stand still in the drive way?! I'm busy with work, I work odd hours, when I get home I just want to relax. When I get home, it's dark out. All my friends are either A) No longer in the state, and/or B) Busy with their own lives, withe college, work, and/or other things. Hanging out is next to impossible. From what I've seen, in our neighborhood, the oldest kids are in middle school. I am not going to hang out with middle schoolers. Plus, when I'm not working, either they're at school, or at home, and again, too late. What parent wants to experience a young adult, going "Can Jimmy play?"?!

What the hell am I supposed to do outside!?

Unbelievable.Just FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE.CAN MY GOOD DAY GET ANY FUCKING WORSE?!!! I'M ALREADY IN A BAD MOOD AS IT IS.I only just found that there are much better artists and people than me,that i'll probably die alone and my computer crashes twice in one day and just before the second time I was playing a game but I died and failed way too much.The game then crashed and in the next few seconds my computer followed suit. That sent me over the fucking edge-I banged so loudly that my dad heard me and didn't help my problem at all. HOW COULD THINGS HAVE GONE THIS BAD FOR ME? HOW?! WHY?! FUCKING WHY?! WHY DOES FATE WANT ME TO SUFFER SO FUCKING BADLY?!!

I don't even know if I can trust my own fucking sanity anymore......Why do these things keep happening to me?

Fuck this shit. FUCK. THIS. BULLSHIT. FUCK. YOU. FATE. FUCK. YOU. ALL.

I didn't want this to happen.I didn't want to be like this. All wangsty. But no. NO.

I can't even sleep.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Psychotic: I know how you feel. XD Though I just say; "Don't I get enough sun and 'outsideness' from school?" as an excuse.

Zaraki: Hey come on now. X3 First off... there's ALWAYS going go to be better artists than you. That's how the world of creativity works. But that's not even important. It's what you DO with your art and how you practice, what style you give yourself, that's what's important and what you should strive for.

Second, you're not going to die alone. :P Told you that 500 times now haven't I? I wouldn't be saying it over and over again if it wasn't true.

Thirdly... computers can be unreliable. But computer is just being a computer, man. He doesn't know what he's doing. X3 Poor fella is probably having his own hard time, no need to be angry at the poor wittle computer. :D Just give him a stroke or something. Whisper something sweet into his fan. <3 Hehe.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Speaking of computers, my tower still has a hole in it, you can see it's guts. I still need to get replacement part(s) to cover up said hole.

@Ninja: One word (technically two): Duct-tape. XP

-------

Psychotic: I know how you feel. XD Though I just say; "Don't I get enough sun and 'outsideness' from school?" as an excuse.

Zaraki: Hey come on now. X3 First off... there's ALWAYS going go to be better artists than you. That's how the world of creativity works. But that's not even important. It's what you DO with your art and how you practice, what style you give yourself, that's what's important and what you should strive for.

Second, you're not going to die alone. :P Told you that 500 times now haven't I? I wouldn't be saying it over and over again if it wasn't true.

Thirdly... computers can be unreliable. But computer is just being a computer, man. He doesn't know what he's doing. X3 Poor fella is probably having his own hard time, no need to be angry at the poor wittle computer. :D Just give him a stroke or something. Whisper something sweet into his fan. <3 Hehe.

Do you know what my dad said to me? That i've lost my mind and should stop playing the "stupid" games that I like anymore. Or else he'd throw my computer out and tell me to go outside. It's like throwing a huge part of your life away just like that.

And the worst part? HE MEANT WHAT HE SAID. AND HE'S PROBABLY STILL GONNA PLAY ON HIS COMPUTER.

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

He probably says they're stupid because he can see how they're negatively affecting you. X3 And only the negative side of it - because the negativeness stands out the most. It's obvious that if a parent sees their child beginning to react negatively towards something, they'll take it away - take away the toxicity of that object and get you to do other things. Granted, parents overreact, they say things they don't mean sometimes. My mother is like that aaalll the time. XD Even when it seems like she's being serious.

-------

He probably says they're stupid because he can see how they're negatively affecting you. X3 And only the negative side of it - because the negativeness stands out the most. It's obvious that if a parent sees their child beginning to react negatively towards something, they'll take it away - take away the toxicity of that object and get you to do other things. Granted, parents overreact, they say things they don't mean sometimes. My mother is like that aaalll the time. XD Even when it seems like she's being serious.

Okay.

WHAT am I supposed to do? Tell him that he's a good parent and he means well,but he's a hypocrite at worst?

Okay.

WHAT am I supposed to do? Tell him that he's a good parent and he means well,but he's a hypocrite at worst?

Just tell him you love him... He's probly just having a tough day.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Nothing particulary bad happened to my dad. It was my fault.LIKE IT ALWAYS IS.