Vent

Whelp, I've decided - can't drive for shit and should never drive anyway. I don't have good reflexes, I'm not observant, I'm not quick, and I piss everyone off. I want to tell my mother that I don't want to drive and that I want to go on public transport for the rest of my life cause that seems more sane than making stupid slow me drive a car. Or maybe I'll just ride a bike around everywhere. I don't care. I just refuse to drive because I suck so much. I'm just on my L1s which means I only need to wait 3 months before I get my L2s. Then I have to drive for a set amount of hours to get my P1s, then a test to get my P2s. It's been... a YEAR... and the driving instructor still says I need practice. How fucking stupid am I, I can't do anything for shit. It'll take me 10 years to get my full license. I just don't want to drive or be the cause of some guy's completely rational road rage. Why do I have to be the person that decided how traffic flows? That's retarded, I can't do that. I'll be the cause of someone getting fired cause they were too late to get to work. Why can't I just give up and stop trying to achieve something I don't even want. Trains are safer anyway... and being on a train stops me from thinking of driving the car straight into a brick wall or a river to end my own suffering. I think 95% of the road would agree that me driving into a river is beneficial for the rest of the morning and afternoon traffic.

Honestly this is my fear and it sucks because my town is so poorly planned that going anywhere on foot would take hours and the buses here suck or are rarely on time. So it's entirely impractical for me to walk to the closest tech school which is a few miles away and would require me to leave at like 4 am to walk there and barely make it on time.

This is a post I made on the quakeone forums that I thought I would share with you, where I argue that Windows 95 was a better user experience than Windows 10.

Windows 95 was useful and didn't overwhelm your PC usage, though, with loads of gimmicky features to say "hey, look at me! I'm innovating!" It just gave you a desktop, folders, and a start menu that worked and was quick, so that you could get on with your day.

Windows 10:

http://toastytech.com/guis/win10ad2.jpg

Advertisements when you start your PC

http://toastytech.com/guis/win10start.png

A start menu cluttered with junk and wasn't even laid out in the goddamned Windows 7 layout just so that you get a MS account and can't use your PC as effectively as you could with Windows 2000.

http://toastytech.com/guis/win10cortana.png

That stupid fucking robotic voice assistant from the Halo franchise.

http://toastytech.com/guis/win10nohelp.png

Help files that require the Internet.

http://toastytech.com/guis/win10shit2.png

Unknown data being sent to MS

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

This is a post I made on the quakeone forums that I thought I would share with you, where I argue that Windows 95 was a better user experience than Windows 10.

Windows 95 was useful and didn't overwhelm your PC usage, though, with loads of gimmicky features to say "hey, look at me! I'm innovating!" It just gave you a desktop, folders, and a start menu that worked and was quick, so that you could get on with your day.

Windows 10:

A start menu cluttered with junk and wasn't even laid out in the goddamned Windows 7 layout just so that you get a MS account and can't use your PC as effectively as you could with Windows 2000.

Windows Vista is better than 10.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Windows 8-10 was a culture shock for me the 1st time I tried them in my school's computers. The Start menu alone confused me like hell, I sometimes can't find what i'm looking for with the layout. I guess I should give it time to get used to it, It's gonna be like using Windows for the very 1st time all over again though.

Welp, now what?

Windows 10:

Windows Vista is better than 10.

Windows Vista is actually pretty cool with the right PC and SP1.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

Windows 10 isn't even all that bad. XD A lot of the weird as fuck settings you can just turn off. And the start menu is fine. I actually really like how Windows 10 looks. And if you're concerned about your private stuff being known to Microsoft, they could see your shit even before with Windows 7. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Windows 10 isn't even all that bad. XD A lot of the weird as fuck settings you can just turn off. And the start menu is fine. I actually really like how Windows 10 looks. And if you're concerned about your private stuff being known to Microsoft, they could see your shit even before with Windows 7. X3

The start menu is fine, at least when it actually decides to respond to my clicking it. Seriously, does anybody else have that issue? For days at a time the start menu will simply refuse to pop up, forcing me to resort to right-clicking it in order to shut the computer down and otherwise being a titanic pain in the arse if I want to start any programs.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I'll be dual booting Manjaro Linux pretty soon with my Windows 7 HDD so I'm pretty good. Unity 3d currently has a beta version out for Linux so I don't really have any incentive to keep using Windows 7 anymore outside of just gaming which I'm hoping will be changing very soon. Who's got two thumbs and is running <250mbs of RAM on startup even though he has 16gbs? This guy. :ugeek:

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

The start menu is fine, at least when it actually decides to respond to my clicking it. Seriously, does anybody else have that issue? For days at a time the start menu will simply refuse to pop up, forcing me to resort to right-clicking it in order to shut the computer down and otherwise being a titanic pain in the arse if I want to start any programs.

Can't say I've ever had this problem. >.> The only problem I've had with Windows 10 was the program's fonts being sized wrong. But a quick Google search later and it's something I can fix in 2 seconds if I ever come across the problem again. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Can't say I've ever had this problem. >.> The only problem I've had with Windows 10 was the program's fonts being sized wrong. But a quick Google search later and it's something I can fix in 2 seconds if I ever come across the problem again. X3

If I wasn't such a natural procrastinator I'm sure I could find some online guide to resolve it. In regards to computers I'm a little bit like new media equivalent of a doudy jowly-faced petty-aristocratic duchess lifted from an Agatha Christie novel.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

>Playing Competitive Overwatch as Zarya.

>Set's up a successful teamkill 10 seconds before losing and captures the point.

>Saves our Pharah with a well timed shield during her ult and use the resulting damage boost to kill their healer before they could res the team.

>Absorb rockets that would otherwise kill a team mate and prevent a roadhog from hooking our healer on multiple accounts.

>Switches characters next round and lose.

>"FUCKING ZENYATTA YOU COST US THE WHOLE GAME YOU LITERAL PILE OF SHIT WTF WERE YOU THINKING CHOOSING ZENYATTA SO USELESS GOD KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING F****T"

You know what? I guess I DID throw the match if the moment I switch off of one champion we lose that badly. Sounds to me like the problem has less to do with me and more to do with the team. Here's a hint: Zenyatta was not the problem. I've won plenty a game as him as a hybrid healer/assassin. And judging by that little gold icon in healing and damage with a bastion and mercy on our team I was doing it just fine. If that's how you're gonna act the moment the one person keeping your sorry excuse for a team afloat decides they want to give their back a rest then fuck you you deserve rank wood.

People be playing competitive and they still don't realize it's the team, not the individual... If one person changes and everything falls apart that means that one person was pulling the weight of 6 people and that's NOT a good thing.

Eh well, jokes on them. I ranked pretty nicely all things considered.

Edit: This whole vent sounds egotistical lol... I just hate it when people try to pin the problem on someone when they themselves can't even recognize what the problem is. Yes, what i did was a bad judgement call and ultimately did cost us the game at a critical moment but in the end this did nothing more than reveal how reliant this whole team was on a single person and that's BAD. And also reveal just how many on my team are unwilling to accept part of the responsibility and dump it all on one convenient target. That's just shitty personality talking.

EditEdit: MINI VENT. People in positions of power need to learn to ignore the perpetually upset lest we get more laws just as stupid as the "Man-spreading" fine. It's not assertion of patriarchal dominance, it's male-fucking-anatomy. For once it your life do ACTUAL research.

EditEditEdit: All this and the sun has just come up. Today is gonna SUUUUUUUUUUCK

Retired Forum Moderator

That's it, I officially hate vocal minority Vegans and Atheists. You can be a Vegan or an Atheist without being an obnoxious fucktard about it, It's not hard. I also find it pretty ironic that vocal minority Atheists say they don't believe in god yet they sure do talk a lot about how much he doesn't exist. It's like they don't have any confidence in what they're saying and so they keep going on and on about their beliefs. It never fucking ends.

^ +10000

XD I would rant on about Atheists myself but then I'd be a hypocrite cause I realize there's a vocal minority of Christians that are all; "BELIEVE IN JESUS OR YOU WILL BE DAMNED FOREVER IN HELL". :P So. It's fair.

-------

My own rant: Yesterday was talking to some chick who didn't know who Stalin was, nor did she know what 'middle-class' meant (and a various amount of other words).

She's in Grade 12.

She's got a rich family.

She's blonde.

She's popular.

The stereotypical high-school 'hot chick'. :P That's all I have to say really. XD Just... come on. You're in Grade 12. You're 18. Please...

-------

^that and the fact that she's popular. Popular people tend to be the dumbest in school...at least in my experience.

Welp, now what?

My own rant: Yesterday was talking to some chick who didn't know who Stalin was, nor did she know what 'middle-class' meant (and a various amount of other words).

She's in Grade 12.

She's got a rich family.

She's blonde.

She's popular.

The stereotypical high-school 'hot chick'. :P That's all I have to say really. XD Just... come on. You're in Grade 12. You're 18. Please...

Well she's got to compensate for being stupid somehow. If reality has taught me anything it is that having a brain is entirely optional. :P

That's it, I officially hate vocal minority Vegans and Atheists. You can be a Vegan or an Atheist without being an obnoxious fucktard about it, It's not hard. I also find it pretty ironic that vocal minority Atheists say they don't believe in god yet they sure do talk a lot about how much he doesn't exist. It's like they don't have any confidence in what they're saying and so they keep going on and on about their beliefs. It never fucking ends.

You hit the nail on the head there, you've got the right attitude for dealing with fundamentalists. I can't tell you how much fun I've had over the years using the old "you know what they say about those that preach the hardest" routine on people utterly convinced by their own righteous exactitude. The same principle works hilariously effectively on homophobes. I've had absolutely awe-inspiring trainwrecks of conversations with people that resulted in them becoming genuinely furious at my implying that their macho heterosexual insistence was more for their own benefit than anyone else. If you can't convince yourself then you can absolutely try to convince everybody else! icon_lol.gif I know the whole self-loathing homo shtick is an absolute cliche, but it still works against people of limited intelligence. I'm actually quite surprised by their seeming lack of understanding of what I'm subjecting them to, and how relatively easily they could counter my disingenuous trolling by letting me know that they know, if you catch my drift. It's an entirely one-sided and utterly mean-spirited joke that never gets old.

YOU CAN'T CATCH ME GAY THOUGHTS

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

You hit the nail on the head there, you've got the right attitude for dealing with fundamentalists. I can't tell you how much fun I've had over the years using the old "you know what they say about those that preach the hardest" routine on people utterly convinced by their own righteous exactitude. The same principle works hilariously effectively on homophobes. I've had absolutely awe-inspiring trainwrecks of conversations with people that resulted in them becoming genuinely furious at my implying that their macho heterosexual insistence was more for their own benefit than anyone else. If you can't convince yourself then you can absolutely try to convince everybody else! icon_lol.gif I know the whole self-loathing homo shtick is an absolute cliche, but it still works against people of limited intelligence. I'm actually quite surprised by their seeming lack of understanding of what I'm subjecting them to, and how relatively easily they could counter my disingenuous trolling by letting me know that they know, if you catch my drift. It's an entirely one-sided and utterly mean-spirited joke that never gets old.

YOU CAN'T CATCH ME GAY THOUGHTS

Looking back on my post I can't help but notice that I'm basically acknowledging my own hypocrisy here. As someone who's genuinely lied to himself about who he is I can sort of relate to where those people come from if only to a basic degree. It's a self-perpetuating cycle of denial where your actual self is in conflict with your ideal self. You know that you're not who you say you are so you effectively turn it into a competition within your mind in order to exhibit your most idealized trait of yourself. If you have a massive ego problem like I do then you can't bear the thought that you didn't know exactly who you are at all times.

For a long time I've had this idealized version of myself where I was effectively Sherlock Holmes. The very definition of an independent man who was dedicated solely to his work and wasn't held back by some women/partner. As I found out that I wasn't actually Asexual like Sherlock Holmes and in fact had a preference for women to the point of considering the possibility of being in a relationship with a women. It was so crushing that I refused to acknowledge the notion and went out of my way saying just how Asexual I was. I'm still having issues accepting the idea that wanting a partner is okay and that my independence won't be destroyed because of it.

I hope that made sense, I'm not at all justifying the homophobic behavior that you're describing here. In all honesty I find this whole thing to be kinda sad that we just can't accept who we are regardless of it being self-imposed or environmental.