General Chat

Ever watch a movie where the character says a line really badly, like poorly acted, and you notice the other actors in the scene stop and stare at him/her momentarily, creating this awkward, fourth-wall breaking silence that just verifies the magnitude of suckiness that actor just achieved, so you change the channel?

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Okay, unless people are making a conscious effort NOT to post or check up on the forum, no one has left. Chuck, for example, never really left. The only thing that has changed here is most likely the schedules. Schools started back up and no one has a whole lot of time to post. But unless you KNOW you are not going to be posting for a very long time, you're not leaving. Your schedule is just different. I just want to make that perfectly clear because it's actually become something of an unnecessary habit for people here to 'declare their absence' and then pop back up relatively soon to post again. You don't need to make such a big deal about it.

Which is why I just don't say a word and just vanish for a month or so :P

Sorry to hear about your Father and I hope he gets better.

Same for me. Let's hope it is nothing serious.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok. So, since a week or two I have been hanging out with this friend of mine on a daily basis. But I am starting to feel like I don't deserve it. I mean, she is fucking awesome in every way possible. She is good looking, always in a happy mood, can be friends with anyone, a loyal friend, independent, a bit rebellious but still responsible and smart enough to know when stupid stuff is getting out of hand, not weak either(she kicks ass on a regular basis), she can dance, dance on ice skates, sing, sail and list goes on and on. She is just an all around badass. And there's me, I'm not smart, not funny, I don't look good, I'm socially inept, have barely any friends, have no talents, have never achieved anything and my only real hobby is gaming. Why should I get be friends with her. I just don't deserve it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As long as you don't act like a dick to people, I don't see how one can deserve another person's friendship. Also, don't be so quick to disregard your qualities. You know as well as I do that what you're saying about yourself isn't the truth.

Ok. So, since a week or two I have been hanging out with this friend of mine on a daily basis. But I am starting to feel like I don't deserve it. I mean, she is fucking awesome in every way possible. She is good looking, always in a happy mood, can be friends with anyone, a loyal friend, independent, a bit rebellious but still responsible and smart enough to know when stupid stuff is getting out of hand, not weak either(she kicks ass on a regular basis), she can dance, dance on ice skates, sing, sail and list goes on and on. She is just an all around badass. And there's me, I'm not smart, not funny, I don't look good, I'm socially inept, have barely any friends, have no talents, have never achieved anything and my only real hobby is gaming. Why should I get be friends with her. I just don't deserve it.

Watch out for your wallet.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Can't be my wallet. First of all I don't have a wallet and secondly I am pretty much broke 24/7. And if I'm not broke I still have to pay something. There is really nothing to be gained from me.

As long as you don't act like a dick to people, I don't see how one can deserve another person's friendship. Also, don't be so quick to disregard your qualities. You know as well as I do that what you're saying about yourself isn't the truth.

Well it is. There is nothing I can name that I have truly achieved. I can't name anything I am particularly good at. And the fact that I have the social skills of a duck is glaringly obvious.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're looking at it backwards. Don't think of why she shouldn't hang out with you, think of why she is. Obviously if someone with that kind of social standing is hanging out with you, they obviously think there is something about you that's special. She's choosing to be your friend as much as you're choosing to be hers, and I've seen it plenty of times where wonderfully social people wish they had a friend who wasn't just hanging out with them because they were someone to hang out with.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

But why me? I don't see anything about me that someone would want to hang out with me, especially when there are other people to hang out with. And why now, in the past no one has really wanted to hang out with me that much. It just doesn't make sense to me but I can't stop thinking about it. Generally distracting me with gaming or something works but now I can't stop trying to figure out what it is.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for Alyxx, I have the strangest feeling this place is going to look like 4Chan when you get back :D

Don't worry, everything will be just fine.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

As for Alyxx, I have the strangest feeling this place is going to look like 4Chan when you get back :D

Don't worry, everything will be just fine.

That can be taken care of, *yells to every one that is not a mod "quick get the net!"*

non-euclidean fuck machine

YOU WONT TAKE ME ALIVE!

Goodnight everyone. See you tommorow!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Just got an email about guild wars 2 that someone tried to get into my account. Thank god my email password is different than my login because he couldn't verify the login from CHINA and was thus denied access.

In your face, dumbass hacker!

Retired Forum Moderator

HEY YO KIRK! YEA, WAY UP THERE, GETTING DROWNED OUT BY EVERYONE ELSE!

Dude, you're one of the funniest guys on this forum. I'm sure that translates to real life. I'm thinking you're a lot like me. In large groups, I always end up standing off to the side, not participating or saying anything witty, etc. But when I'm one on one with a person, I can talk more freely because their attention is on me I guess, and usually those people who thought I was an awkward idiot before find out that I'm not such a bad guy to hang around. Try to look at it that way. Appreciate that you can hang out with such an awesome person rather than waste time and depress yourself by wondering why. There's obviously a good reason. If you were a stick in the mud as you suggest, she wouldn't hang out with you. Plain and simple. So stop criticizing yourself and go tap that ;)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

You know what. You're right. I am exactly like that. With a group of people I am generally not that good, but if I talk to someone in person I feel like I do better.

Especially after today. First day of classes, I have noticed that over the course of the vacation I have grown to be a lot less scared of social interaction. Funnily, that girl is pretty much is the only one I have hung out with in the vacation. Guess she helped me more than I realized.

Thanks for the kind words and good advice.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯