General Chat

Yaknow what? All this legal, criminal crap is getting on my nerves. I'm going to go Shawshank Redemption to get my mind off of this.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Ok, so I have had to deal with something like his befor (but with drugs) what you want to do is get a recording devise, if he is openly talking about it the it shouldn't be hard to get enuff evidense to go to the cops and start an investigation.

Good luck and happy hunting

non-euclidean fuck machine

I liked Episode IV ("A New Hope") the most. Episode V ("Empire Strikes Back") has a huge plot hole that I've yet to be able to reconcile.

So, spoilers if you haven't see it:

After the rebels destroy the Imperial Walkers and flee Hoth, Luke travels to the planet Dagobah to train with Yoda. Leia and Han, with Chewie and Threepio evade Imperial ships, hide out in a cave that isn't a cave, and then travel to Cloud City on Bespin to meet with Lando Calrissian to get the hyperdrive fixed. During this, you see various montages of Luke training with Yoda including entering the cave where he fights himself as Vader. All that's fine and dandy (though I have some serious questions about the density of that asteroid field!).

However, when Han and Leia get to Cloud City, it's a trap set by the Empire to lure Luke out of hiding. Luke senses Leia's in trouble and, despite the protestations of Yoda, leaves Dagobah to travel to Bespin to rescue them. When he gets to Bespin, he engages with Vader and is pretty well trained.

...wait, what? That's where I have an issue. How long did Luke actually train with Yoda to become so skilled? He didn't train that much with Kenobi before he was killed, so how much training could Luke actually have? How long did it take Han and Leia to dodge the Imperials and get to Cloud City?

Maybe it was a very long journey considering the hyperdrive was nonfunctional, but....they didn't show a montage of the travel or anything, stopping off at planets to resupply, maybe dodging Imperial entanglements, dancing with alien teddy bears (oh, wait, that'll have to wait for the sixth movie), or whatever.

That has always confused and bugged me...

Luke was with yoda for a few months from what I comprehend. Lela and Han were dodging for quite some time, but weren't heavily shown because of time budgeting in the movie. But honestly, I would just go read the books. Theyll most likely say how long it takes.

As for me, I'm tied between 4 and 6. 5 was great and all, but the I am your father scene is just so awful...

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Well you don't know for how long they stayed there. It could've been a few days for all we know. Leia even had time to pick clothes out and change them to something more formal...and then to something else later. Luke only trained with Kenobi for a few hours and he got the hang of deflecting those training bot laser bolts pretty easily. He could have trained on his own a little with his lightsaber on Hoth or in his spare time in between the films, and he did train with Yoda at least a little more than Kenobi, so if he could learn how to deflect bolts with the Force after only a few hours, I'd imagine after a day or so he could learn some more tricks pretty easily. And, even then, he wasn't all that good, anyway. Vader was toying with him the whole time. The way he handles the lightsaber (in both V and VI) is still kind of amateur-ish. So it's not like he was really all that skilled to begin with. During one of the training scenes, he almost lifted his ship out of the water by just holding his hand out, and in another he held Yoda on his foot while balancing on his hand while also using the Force to lift up a bunch of rocks. So I think it's a safe bet Luke is a really fast learner and he STILL got his hand chopped off.

But that's just my take on it.

EDIT: I doubt Luke was there for just a few hours, but they definitely weren't there for a couple months, there's no reason the Empire would take that long to spring their trap. And how is the 'I am your father' scene awful?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Not to sound rude, but change of subject please?

Ok ummm... Oh I know! What is the best star wars movie?

Episode 4 will always be the most iconic for me since it was the original Star Wars movie and was only called Episode 4 after Lucas started getting ideas for other sequels and... *shudders*... prequels.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I like 4 the best, there is nothing I can think of that can tell me why but 4 just gives me the chills every time I see it

Yeah, same here. It's just easily the best Star Wars flick.

However, I would dare say the best Star Wars flick is the HOLIDAY SPECIAL!

Okay, just kidding... I think I gave a lot of Star Wars fans a heart attack just now... I apologize...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Ok new topic, which is better lord of the rings or star wars?

Now this is not an overall better, each side can be better in different ways, like movies, books, fans, extended world, and adaptations.

Let the nerd war begin

non-euclidean fuck machine

Star Wars. Though I recently watched Lord of the Rings extended cut back to back to back and thought of them as much better than I originally thought. Star Wars I don't ever remember watching it the first time. I grew up already knowing Star Wars. This is one of the few times that I admit that I cannot answer this question objectively.

(and my answer to Daniels's query: Dagobah is a lot closer than Bespin, and without a hyperdrive it would be even longer)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

i can't be a judge of it since i haven't watched both. I watched a star wars movie once(i think revenge of the Sith). i liked it, but not enough to become a fan or watch the other ones (though that's mostly because i'm not a big movie guy.). Although if i ever get around to watching Lord Of the Rings, then i'll decide which i liked more.

i can't be a judge of it since i haven't watched both.

Okay, I can maybe forgive LotR because it's super long, but how have you not seen Star Wars?

Star Wars: A New Hope is a really good movie, and especially great from a filmmaker's perspective. It is the defining movie for interest curves, dynamic cinematography, and most evidently the hero's journey. Seriously, please give it a watch. Everyone should know the hero's journey archetype.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

I still need to watch Star Wars as well :/

Have watched LotR, though and really like it. We'll see what SW can bring to the table.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Star Wars cant really compare to LotR's levels of awesome. LotR had a better setting, cast, and Special Effects, though Star Wars has the one up in music, and thats only by a little bit.