General Chat

bpt2M92_SgU

Neil Patrick Harris.

So good, I would go gay for him...

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

NO YOU FOOL!

YOU CAN'T JUST LISTEN TO THE LAST SONG WITHOUT HAVING BUILT A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CHARACTERS!

Remember when I said well constructed? Well you're just messing it all up!

And BTW, he's already married (or practically) to some guy named David and they have kids.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

I'VE SEEN DR. HORRIBLE BEFORE! JESUS CHRIST STFU! IT'S NOT LIKE IT GIVES AWAY ANYTHING! IF YOU EVER PLAN ON WATCHING THIS SHOW, DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER!

FUCKING PENNY, MAN! SHE DIED, AND ALL THE GOOD THAT WAS INSIDE HIM, CLINGING TO HIS LAST HOPE IN THE GOODNESS OF HUMANITY SNAPPED AND RAN OUT! HE DIED ON THE INSIDE! FUCK MAN! ALL MY TEARS ARE GONE! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

And that's why the song makes me cry err tiem.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I'VE SEEN DR. HORRIBLE BEFORE! JESUS CHRIST STFU! IT'S NOT LIKE IT GIVES AWAY ANYTHING! IF YOU EVER PLAN ON WATCHING THIS SHOW, DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER!

FUCKING PENNY, MAN! SHE DIED, AND ALL THE GOOD THAT WAS INSIDE HIM, CLINGING TO HIS LAST HOPE IN THE GOODNESS OF HUMANITY SNAPPED AND RAN OUT! HE DIED ON THE INSIDE! FUCK MAN! ALL MY TEARS ARE GONE! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

And that's why the song makes me cry err tiem.

Technically it does not give away spoilers, but still, it's not a good idea.

Now about the show iself:

Penny's death was so amazingly executed. How she saw Billy as Billy and not Dr. H because when he began to care about her he lost his evil undertones, how she still expected Captain Hammer to save her because she doesn't believe that anyone is truly uncaring, how her death is caused by Dr. Horrible trying and failing to make the ultimate step towards evil but in he end her death is what does it, how her death is both the cause and a visualization of his own kindness crashing to the ground, how her death made was because there were things he could not control but now the he has power he is torn wondering whether he can ever gain control of those things.

Also the goggles are a representation of his covering himself in socially as well as physically, because he has them off when he's billy, on his head when he's Dr. Horrible, and over his face when he has gone completely to the side of evil, but has them back off again when he's being honest.

Also each of the songs is written to perfectly encapsulate the feel and tone, as well as plot of the story at the moment. Laundry day is upbeat because he's happy and in love, but subtle like his attempts at conversation, and builds up like his confidence only to drop back down or get interupted. A Man's Gotta Do is slow and serious when Dr. H sings it, then turns fake, loud, and cheesy when Hammer sings it, then soft and sincere when Penny sings it. My Eyes is switching tones as the singers switch off, and the lyrics are about eyes, of which everyone has two, like how there are two singers and two perspectives. Brand New Day is fast paced and nearly uninteligable because it's an epiphany, and the constant repitition of the chorus with minor changes reflects how decided he is on this next action. So They Say encompasses a broad number of singers and styles to reflect how wide-ranging these ideas are, and the rather uninspired composition is because they are just normal people on a normal day. Everyone's a hero sounds as fake and cheesy as the singer, and is meant to get you caught up in it because that's Hammer's entire thing and what gives him power. Slipping is about losing control and things being off, so of course the keyis going to change and there are weird scales, and it's sung at a whisper because these are things everyone knows but no one says. Everything you ever is just sad, but steps up in the end to show him getting over it, only to disappear completely at the end to show he hasn't and just feels empty.

I'm a movie maker. I can't help but pick apart the best ones.

Gentlemen.jpg

I have some news. Maybe bad, maybe not; who knows, and who cares.

I regret to inform you all of the following: I will be permanently leaving the forum. I may drop in and say hi every once in a while, but all in all, I'm leaving. Gone; Bye-bye; I'll be sure to write; all that jazz.

My reasons for doing so are mainly relating to school, career development, and needing to use my time more wisely. I'm about to get a fairly full-time job soon, rather than my previous part-time one; and in the next year, after graduating high school, I will be taking a short course in recording and sound production at Dark Horse Recording Institute in Nashville, TN. After finishing, my plan is to acquire a bachelors degree in Recording Arts and Technology at Full Sail University.

All these things are going to be a huge time crunch, especially in regard to finishing up high school and preparing to graduate. Hence, I simply cannot continue to be active on this forum. I've found that it just takes up too much of my time, and also tends to be a huge distraction from important things.

You guys have been great, I've enjoyed my time here, and I'll still keep in touch somewhat through Steam.

mlfw3274_small.jpg

It's been fun.

Regards,

Chuckthe2nd

This requires every sad pony macro I can find, too depressed to care about mods.

mlfw6102-sad_face.gif

mlfw4305-photo.JPG

mlfw4496-BVqwB.gif

mlfw2896-pinkiecry.gif

However, I shall remain in denial for the time being. When I went to college, I got classes, a job, and a significant boost to my social life, yet I spent more time on the computer than I did in High School or I do during the Summer. I'd hope you discover something similar happens to you.

If not, though, all of my sadness. All of it. Forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwN0gcfrSxs

Gentlemen.jpg

I regret to inform you all of the following: I will be permanently leaving the forum. I may drop in and say hi every once in a while, but all in all, I'm leaving. Gone; Bye-bye; I'll be sure to write; all that jazz.

My reasons for doing so are mainly relating to school, career development, and needing to use my time more wisely. I'm about to get a fairly full-time job soon, rather than my previous part-time one; and in the next year, after graduating high school, I will be taking a short course in recording and sound production at Dark Horse Recording Institute in Nashville, TN. After finishing, my plan is to acquire a bachelors degree in Recording Arts and Technology at Full Sail University.

All these things are going to be a huge time crunch, especially in regard to finishing up high school and preparing to graduate. Hence, I simply cannot continue to be active on this forum. I've found that it just takes up too much of my time, and also tends to be a huge distraction from important things.

You guys have been great, I've enjoyed my time here, and I'll still keep in touch somewhat through Steam.

mlfw3274_small.jpg

It's been fun.

Regards,

Chuckthe2nd

PinkieCry.gif

Yeah.

It's been fun, man.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Gentlemen.jpg

mlfw3274_small.jpg

It's been fun.

Regards,

Chuckthe2nd

992c093c371f0f9674e99e5034eb7f1dbd717bd6.png

mlfw1429_large.jpg

131716637838.gif

I'm with Shiny here, I choose to live in denial.

But yeah man, it's been good having you here, and I'm sorry to see you go. I'll see you on Steam, and be sure to let us all know how it goes. Good luck with your plans, but I don't think you'll need it, because from what I've seen, you've got talent instead.

I refuse to include any further clichès in this post, so I'll just end it here. Take care, Chuck.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Gentlemen.jpg

mlfw3274_small.jpg

It's been fun.

Regards,

Chuckthe2nd

N...n...no. No y...you can't go.... Pleas ... Pleas say you won't go... P ...p...pleas *slowly falls to the flore crying*

non-euclidean fuck machine

Another cool person leaves the forum D:

Bye chuck, take care, and good luck in life.

Retired Forum Moderator

Well I just got a letter from my dead grandpa wishing me a happy birthday... What!

Now you can read it every year and it will have the same effect.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."