General Chat

i can't be a judge of it since i haven't watched both.

Okay, I can maybe forgive LotR because it's super long, but how have you not seen Star Wars?

Star Wars: A New Hope is a really good movie, and especially great from a filmmaker's perspective. It is the defining movie for interest curves, dynamic cinematography, and most evidently the hero's journey. Seriously, please give it a watch. Everyone should know the hero's journey archetype.

Yea, i'll give it a watch once I get the opportunity to. Also, to your first question: I'm not too sure why i haven't seen it. I really have never thought about it until now.

Well Bill, I'm sorry to tell this, but being an American who has never seen either series, I'm going to have to withdraw your nerd license and put you on internet probation.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I think if you admit to watching the first 3 star wars films (those being episodes 1-3, not the first ones to be released), you automatically get banned from Nerdom... for life!

I think everyone who calls themselves a Star Wars fan has at least seen the prequels once. Maybe they went into Episode I with high expectations, but when it came to II and III it was mostly obligation. Cause you gotta know how it ends, right?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Yea, episode 1 was aiight, episode 2 was shit, and episode 3, well, let's just act like it never happened. (Its funny cuz I've never seen the entirety of episode 3.) I just couldnt...

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Umm all 3 are bottomless piles of shit and bad writing

That's YOUR opinion, thank you very much. I believe Episode 1 was a fairly decent movie, Episode 2 was withstandable, and Episode 3 was terrible. THANK YOU FOR ATTEMPTING TO TELL ME MY OPINION IS ENTIRELY WRONG BECAUSE THAT'S TOTALLY THE MINDSET THAT BEING A BRONY IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU!

Sometimes, I swear, humanity just infuriates me.

Umm all 3 are bottomless piles of shit and bad writing

That's YOUR opinion, thank you very much. I believe Episode 1 was a fairly decent movie, Episode 2 was withstandable, and Episode 3 was terrible. THANK YOU FOR ATTEMPTING TO TELL ME MY OPINION IS ENTIRELY WRONG BECAUSE THAT'S TOTALLY THE MINDSET THAT BEING A BRONY IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU!

Sometimes, I swear, humanity just infuriates me.

Two words PLOT HOLES!

non-euclidean fuck machine

Whooves, I wish you would at least try and take him seriously.

Disengaging now, I'll just be in the Twilight bunker where it's safe.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Thanks for the support there Sparkles. Oh shit... I just came up with your new nickname.

So...

We've got

-Sparkles

-Blighty

-Weebs

-Shiny (not creative but whatevs)

-Jill

Awesome.

Oh and Hooves, still mad at you.

I CAN HAZ NICKNAME?

Oh, I just came to an incredible revelation. All the top Subscribed YouTube Channels. They're the exact same thing, but with differnt personalities.

RayWilliamJohnson

Smosh

Tobuscus (but he plays video games too)

NigaHiga

Everybody else

They're just VLogs and YouTube based versions of Tosh.0, though they do tend to be funnier than Tosh.0. BUT ITS ALL THE SAME SHIT! HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?! FUCKING VARIETY PEOPLE!

Except Tosh is not funny.... at all. He's about the same as RWJ. NigaHiga is actually still funny. Probably because his jokes don't all center around insulting other people. Toby is just random and I used to watch his videos but stopped after he started doing CWFs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only two I recognize are Smosh and Tobuscus. Smosh does sketch comedy, nothing like Tosh and I's barely call it a Vlog. Toby definitely is both.

And Collective Foal you already have three names (collective foal, fluttertank, and fluttershy) but a few people refer to you as flutters. I can't think of a double name, nothing about you is double.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

eOh, okay. I'm Flutters to anyone who knew me before... the dark time. I feel like this forum is just starting to crawl out of a deoression or something. I came into this place just before the end of the Call To Arms thread. That ended and we were like "Okay! Everyone gets along from now on, right?" Wrong. People still bitched about ponies and pushed Ross over the edge on his decision fir removing pic sigs (I still miss them so). Then we were like "OKAY! Can we stop complsining and making this place less and less vibrant?!" NO, WE CAN'T! LET'S COMPLAIN ABOUT FUCKING NAME CHANGES FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! NOT LIKE WE HAVEN'T COMPLETELY STRIPPED THE SELF EXPRESSION OF THIS SIGHT WITH OUR MINDLESS COMPLAINING TO ROSS WHO HAS WAY MORE PROBLEMS THAN DEALING WITH US WHO ARE BEING GIVEN A FREE SERVICE BY HIM! WE'LL BE THE 1% AND MAKE SHIT TERRIBLE FOR EVERYONE ELSE JUST BECAUSE WE'RE LOUD!

So yea, then that happened, and it's like every change has been a blow to my appreciation of this community. I mean, we'll always have Alyxx and Rarity (I hope) and Me, but it's like these whiny assholes who come on and post like once a month are ruining it for the veterans who din't want to see any changes. We like the site the way it is, but then the way it is constantly changes and we don't know what to think.

So yea, even before you Shiny, this forum used to be a lot tighter and happier from what I remember. I hope there aren't anymore changes, but you never know what else some douche might want to complain incessantly about to a man who is trying to make his living and entertain us at the same time, so there's always the possibility that things here will get worse.

Sorry, this kinda belongs in the Vent thread, doesn't it. But it's on topic so I'll just leave it here.

I actually agree with the removal of name changes(an option we didn't even have when we started IIRC), because it got like Steam usernames. Be gone for a week and you don't know who who is.

However I still, in no way, shape or form agree with the removal of sigs.

I also feel like the forum was more fun when it was still a bit less popular.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯