General Chat

Wait, beer? You think 24 packs of BEER is bad?!? Try doing a gallon of vodka/whiskey every 4-6 hours... Or even a cup of Everclear...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Wait, beer? You think 24 packs of BEER is bad?!? Try doing a gallon of vodka/whiskey every 4-6 hours... Or even a cup of Everclear...
Damn, that does sound bad.

I said 2 packs of 24, so 48 beers.

Beer is 3.2% alcohol... Most people burn a 12 pack worth of that in 2 hours sitting in front of the TV doing nothing... So what does 48 beers have on any real alcoholic? (if 48 beers in a weekend is all, they aren't even close to a real problem)

One container of beer has a standard volume of 12oz. Considering beer has a MINIMUM alcohol content of 3% (near beer doesn't count) and there are many beers that go up to 16%, we'll say the average is around 4.5% APV. Multiply that by 12 oz per bottle and you get .54oz of alcohol per bottle. Multiply that by 48 and you have 25.92oz of pure ethanol every weekend. Also, statistics show that for every Ounce of ethanol you consume, you kill one brain cell. This means your grandfather killed about 26 brain cells every weekend. That's not good at all. My father, who drinks regularly but is not an alcoholic by any means takes in maybe 16 beers a week on average. He already has memory problems due to the brain cells he's killed off. So I'm of the belief that yeah, 48 beers a weekend is pretty awful for your health. There's nothing wrong with binging once in a while to have a good time, but drinking alcohol in amounts too small to obtain a buzz on a regular basis, just because you can, is not a good idea at all.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

If you're getting those large packs, they'd be 3.2 beer, not the stronger stuff. I have yet to see a 24 pack of anything stronger. 6 packs, and very rarely 12 packs do go higher, but not 24.

The thing is, the alcohol killing brain cells is a myth... It isn't the alcohol that kills them, unless you get drunk off it. (and not just buzzed or tipsy)

Alcohol is a poison, regardless. If you drank methanol, you'd be dead. We just happened to evolve with a liver that metabolizes ethanol because of how common it is. However, it's still a poison and should be regarded as such. As I've learned through my year of AP Chemistry, reactions still happen even if the conditions to have that reaction are not met. There's always that one particle with way more energy than the rest that just happens to collide with another particle. The chance of it happening is low, but it will still happen. This goes for alcohol as well. If it's in your bloodstream, there's always a chance that just enough gets to your brain to smother and pickle your brain cells.

Now don't get me wrong. As you may have read before, I'm not some prohibitionist asshole who thinks drinking is the devil. Hell, I drink underage. I just get that while it's okay to get hammered every now and again and have a fun time, it's still not a substance to be taken lightly. Drinking 48 beers in 2 days is scientifically NOT a good thing for your body.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

This was sometime in the 1970s if someone can get beer alcohol content stats from them.

Same... 24 packs were all 3.2 beer then.

Yeah, only big brands came in 24 packs and all big brands have the same APV.

Still don't see the appeal of alcohol. I am able to have fun without it, so why use it?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still don't see the appeal of alcohol. I am able to have fun without it, so why use it?

This.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I don't drink for various reasons, but mostly because I just don't find a need to.

Here in Wisconsin, though, I am definitely in the minority. When half the population lives within a mile of a brewery, saying you're 19 and don't drink will raise eyebrows not just from classmates but from relatives and neighbors.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

I drink, when I feel like it. I am not alcoholic, but you hand me a drink (provided it isn't that piss-water they call 'light') and I'll at least try it. (and probly finish it)

Hard liquor I can stomach a lot more of without feeling 'ill' than I can beer... That's why I prefer a decent whiskey/vodka/mixed drink to beer.

I cant drink, nobody wouldnt want a 60 ton lorry with a drunk guy behind the wheel now would they!

And im on call basicly the whole winter since people really like plowed roads. I only weigh 16-17 tons then but I would strongly sugest you dont crash into me enyway, pick something small like a SMART or something.

The smart car? You mean the one that's too cool for the dorky kids, but too dorky for everyone else?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA