General Chat

It's called a 'Prius', and it's one of the worst cars there is. Unless you're talking about that little 1.5-seater with a 3cy engine and as much crumple space as a Ziploc bag's side...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I didnt mean a prius, but those suck to, ive driven one.

I meant this.

how-smart-is-the-smart-car-image.jpgSmart: 730Kg

497f37280ab13.jpg 17 tons (roughly, probably more) The one i drive is black.

Ah, so you are talking about the little 1.5-seater with a 3cy engine and as much crumple space as a Ziploc bag's side.

Ah, so you are talking about the little 1.5-seater with a 3cy engine and as much crumple space as a Ziploc bag's side.

That is quite an accurate description good sir.

Bro you srs? You wouldn't believe how much pussy you get in that thing.

If it manages to get inside :lol:

People don't seem to realize that the smart car is like a standard model on the European market. America just likes their cars big. In France and Italy, Class F city models like the Smart Car are everywhere. However, considering America's market, this is not the place for them. You get in an accident with that thing in Europe, well the other guy's driving the same thing, so you should be fine. But in America? Dude, if you come out alive, you might just be Jesus.

And as far as the Prius is concerned, it isn't a bad car, it just looks like a tampon on wheels. And if you didn't know, Toyota loses money on every Prius they make, but they get subsidized by the Japanese government just so they can dominate the American market.

If you want a real car, grab something American (GMC, Chevy, or Pontiac) or German. We have a VW Jetta and that thing is the most solid car you could ask for.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I just have a crappy red van with a smashed in door from when some douchenut forgot to look behind himself when he tried to illegally back up at a red light. XD

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I drive a 1994 ford dodge red truck. It's red but the driver side door is white because I has to be replaced. It was made the same year I was born so I feel a bit of a special connection to it. It's a hunk of junk and a peace of crap, I call her Susan. 9 miles to the gallon. I would not have it any other way.

non-euclidean fuck machine

People don't seem to realize that the smart car is like a standard model on the European market. America just likes their cars big. In France and Italy, Class F city models like the Smart Car are everywhere. However, considering America's market, this is not the place for them. You get in an accident with that thing in Europe, well the other guy's driving the same thing, so you should be fine. But in America? Dude, if you come out alive, you might just be Jesus.

And as far as the Prius is concerned, it isn't a bad car, it just looks like a tampon on wheels. And if you didn't know, Toyota loses money on every Prius they make, but they get subsidized by the Japanese government just so they can dominate the American market.

If you want a real car, grab something American (GMC, Chevy, or Pontiac) or German. We have a VW Jetta and that thing is the most solid car you could ask for.

America fucked up after the 70´s when it comes to cars, not as bad as Great Britain but you still fucked up somewhere along the way. :cry:

And almost nobody drives smarts here in Sweden, ive seen one and its owned by a company and used to get attention :) The most common car is, to no big surprise the ordinary Volvo V70.

And just to clear things up, i dont dislike american made cars.

My families wheel park concists of:

1. 1995 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck (Great car)

2. Volvo S80 2006

3. Saab 900 OG 1986

4. Saab 96 1980

5. Mercedes Bens E200

6. Three Volvo 744

7. And a 1957 Lincoln Premiere (My favorite)

[edit] Theres an old Mini too

My sister will soon buy an old Beetle too, when she gets her license.

Family of 5.

PS: Pontiacs dead Foal, sorry :cry:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

My car died recently, so I had to get another one. On the topic of smart cars (I didn't buy one, it lacks certain functionality), they're not as cramped as people think. I'm fairly tall, between slim and average build, and can sit in the driver's seat comfortably. There's just not much space for anything aside from you and luggage or a passenger. I think it's cool how you can easily replace the panels on it with other panels for easy styling, though, and it did have some nice acceleration.

Once my parents insure me, I'll be driving a Deep Blue mid 90's BMW sedan. It looks like this, except blue. I could just walk outside and get the model, but that would require moving, and I don't want to.

1998-BMW-328i_01_de34777a778f00563162ecda38765cdf.jpg

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I drive a 1984 Chevrolet S-10, manual transmission. For it's age (going on 30 years for anyone that's counting) the thing is incredibly reliable. It still has the original engine, and I've only had to get various smaller parts replaced (the alternator, starter, and a circuit board) since I've been driving it. The air conditioner even works. Only problem is an oil leak which would be so expensive to fix (despite that it's relatively small) that it's cheaper to just put oil in three times a month.

I call her Spitfire (half seriously).

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Actually a sticker inside the cab, but yes (and it's not a "HOLY SHIT I WATCH PONIES" sticker either).

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Vehicles:

1. 1982 Dodge Caravelle... Needs 2 motor mounts replaced, the third one was already welded back together... Also, just today started having a very quiet knocking/clicking sound coming from the engine when it's idling.

2. 1996 Nissan Altima. (just had the transmission refurbished about 4 months ago)

3. 1986 Ford F-350 crew cab. (manual tranny) Had a second carburetor fire a few years ago, but we just haven't gotten around to getting a new carb, or the other meltable things on the top of the engine. I have an agreement with my parents that if I pay for the repairs, I get the truck. (I really need a job)

'Smart' car: Will never get.

Subaru cars: Likely never get. (simply because of their price, and lack of 2WD only)

Chevy cars: Will need to improve significantly before I get.

Ford: Any time, any where, any model. (except lemons, or some mid-80s to early 2000s)

BMW: Sure.

VW: Only if it's pre-'fuel injection'.

Volvo: If it has a sun/moon roof.

Toyota: If they were cheaper. (or if it's from the 80s)

Hyundai: Cars are good, and inexpensive. I'd get one, but only new.

Honda: No thanks. There are better for less.

Any American car from the 60s or 70s: BRING IT ON!!!

Electric cars: Only from Tesla.

Hybrid cars: Only if they do 0-60 in less than 10 seconds.

Small cars: Only if they're as big/bigger than a 1996 Ford Contour.

Compact cars: No.

Pick-up: Smaller than a truck, but good for getting around town.

Truck: Good when they're built for work instead of luxury.

Lincoln: Good luxury cars.

That pretty much sums up my opinions on the subject.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

It's called a 'Prius', and it's one of the worst cars there is.
I didnt mean a prius, but those suck to, ive driven one.

Roll the eyes...

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

So I looks like my brother is getting married to girl he has known for a month, the first I know of this was when I got the invitation to the wedding... I don't even

non-euclidean fuck machine

1 month isn't long enough. I'm betting there'll be a divorce within 3 years.

I'd say a minimum of 6 months to know a person before marriage. (and a background check)

So I looks like my brother is getting married to girl he has known for a month, the first I know of this was when I got the invitation to the wedding... I don't even

Are you sure you don't know her? She might have been your babysitter when you were kids. I'd hate to think you're growing apart from your BBBFF.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"