General Chat

Pneumonia. It was so bad when I was very young that I could barely breathe. I was in the hospital for over two weeks and nothing they were doing seemed to help. Until one day, I turned on the television and watched Jeff Dunham and Peanut (this was back when he first came out with Peanut). I laughed so hard that it apparently loosed something in my lungs and I emulated that scene from the Exorcist. After that, I started feeling much better. It's possible that Jeff Dunham saved my life.

Had an ear infection, but because I was in a government funded facility that was supposed to teach me a trade (which I actually knew more about than the teacher, he even said so after 3 weeks of me proving it) it took 3 days before the teacher let me out of class to get it looked at. (the medical center on-campus wouldn't let me out of class long enough to get it looked at) When I finally got to the center after the teacher sent me there, I sat and waited for another hour for a doctor. Turned out the nurses hadn't even bothered telling the doctor that I was there, so I just sat until a doctor walked by. He asked if I was being treated or not, then took me into another room to give me a topical pain treatment as a temporary fix until I could get looked at properly. Took a month to get rid of the infection since it moved to the other ear, and then tried to move back. It also nearly perforated my ear drums, and I'm now a bit more hard of hearing. (in addition to my tinnitus) The nurse that didn't tell the doctor that I was waiting got fired the day after I went in.

Whatever you do, don't ever get an ear infection at a Job Corps. (the government funded facility in question, located in Salt Lake City)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Dont quite know if this is the right place, but maybe someone can help me.

This Tuesday I was out with some friends, I barely ate anything during the entire day, and when I was out I drank like 3 sodas and ate some candy.

After walking around for a while I started feeling dizzy and told my friends to go ahead, but then I fainted (some guy found me laying head down on the sidewalk)

At the hospital they did all kinds of tests, and had me there for over 4 hours. The doctor said that everything looked normal and that it was probably me eating so little.

The next day I made sure to eat alot and just take it easy, but I still went out the same night.

I drank an energy drink (yeah I know, smart of me) and I started feeling the same dizzyness again, but I didnt faint.

Now, the doctor said that the blood pressure was normal and all, so does anyone have any idea of what this might be ?

Its not diabetes if the blood sugar/blood pressure is low, right ?

"Life sucks sober!"

You might have a sudden drop in blood pressure because of a non-damaging heart attack brought on by the high amounts of sugar/caffeine in the sodas and energy drink. (I have had similar heart attacks, but not caused by my food/drink intake) It could also be allergies, blood clots, or even a panic attack. (not necessarily something you would've known about, and they can appear out of nowhere for no apparent reason) Heck, you could even be feeling a minor seismic shift... The reasons behind something like that are quite numerous.

When I was very young, I foolishly decided to bring up my (half-blind) dog to my room late at night because I thought it'd be cute if I snuggled with her to fall asleep. (She also kept barking in her cage and it was annoying as hell) Turns out I aggravated her, and she bit me hard on my upper lip, cutting it. It wasn't a major cut, in fact when I got to the hospital it only requires three stitches, but I learned my lesson that day.

That's pretty tame by comparison to some of you, so I'm happy I've been so lucky.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

You might have a sudden drop in blood pressure because of a non-damaging heart attack brought on by the high amounts of sugar/caffeine in the sodas and energy drink. (I have had similar heart attacks, but not caused by my food/drink intake) It could also be allergies, blood clots, or even a panic attack. (not necessarily something you would've known about, and they can appear out of nowhere for no apparent reason) Heck, you could even be feeling a minor seismic shift... The reasons behind something like that are quite numerous.

Panic attack seems like it could be it, had a fight with my mother and was under some stress aswell.

And like I said, they didnt detect anything with the blood at the hospital, so I doubt its anything like that.

Drinking soda right now, doesnt seem to have any negative impact, maybe it was just temporarely... (taking it very slow though)

"Life sucks sober!"

It won't have any effect while you're drinking it, or even right after, it's always for about 5 minutes after your body finishes processing it that it'll affect BP/blood sugar negatively. (sudden crash)

It won't have any effect while you're drinking it, or even right after, it's always for about 5 minutes after your body finishes processing it that it'll affect BP/blood sugar negatively. (sudden crash)

Havent felt anything all day, I believe its fine....

I fucking hope....

"Life sucks sober!"

Dont quite know if this is the right place, but maybe someone can help me.

This Tuesday I was out with some friends, I barely ate anything during the entire day, and when I was out I drank like 3 sodas and ate some candy.

After walking around for a while I started feeling dizzy and told my friends to go ahead, but then I fainted (some guy found me laying head down on the sidewalk)

At the hospital they did all kinds of tests, and had me there for over 4 hours. The doctor said that everything looked normal and that it was probably me eating so little.

The next day I made sure to eat alot and just take it easy, but I still went out the same night.

I drank an energy drink (yeah I know, smart of me) and I started feeling the same dizzyness again, but I didnt faint.

Now, the doctor said that the blood pressure was normal and all, so does anyone have any idea of what this might be ?

Its not diabetes if the blood sugar/blood pressure is low, right ?

Hypoglycemia is what it sounds like. My family is plagued with blood sugar problems. Eating high sugar items will keep your blood sugar up, but the crash from several sodas will cause your sugar levels to plummet, resulting in fainting. You didn't have as much sugar the following night, so the crash wasn't as bad. Stick to eating things high in complex carbs (whole wheat bread, pasta, potatoes, anything starchy). Lay off the sugar, too. That shit fucks you up.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Stick to eating things high in complex carbs (whole wheat bread, pasta, potatoes, anything starchy). Lay off the sugar, too. That shit fucks you up.

Or protein... And don't go out of your way to avoid sugar in most things, just avoid eating only sugar. Everything has some amount of sugar it it, and depending on what kind of sugar, it can even be good for you.

Your body’s primary source of energy is glucose, so it’s important to get at least 130 grams of total carbohydrates in your daily diet, including 38 grams of fiber for men and 25 grams of fiber for women. Try to get all of your carbohydrates from whole grains, fruits, vegetables and beans. Guidelines from the American Heart Association recommend that women should consume no more than 6 teaspoons of added sugar daily, while men should limit their added sugar to 9 teaspoons. Remember that some healthy-sounding sweeteners, such as maple syrup, fruit nectar, brown sugar, molasses and honey are also added sugars.

Also bear in mind that high-fructose anything is going to be very high in sugar, read the ingredients lists. (everyone really should, people should know exactly what they put in their bodies)

Know what my daily diet is? Pizza (or chimichangas, or General Tso's Chicken, or whatever else has high protein and complex carbs) and generic Dr.Pepper... And water when I don't wanna be a pepper too...

Ive been drinking soda the last 2 days now (but Ive cut down it, ALOT) and there has been no side-effects.

I believe Im fine, might go take another test to be a 100% sure.

I would not be surprised at all if I had diabetes (in fact, Im surprised I dont have it) my diet the last 5 years has been like 1 liter of soda every day or something.

"Life sucks sober!"

I would not be surprised at all if I had diabetes (in fact, Im surprised I dont have it) my diet the last 5 years has been like 1 liter of soda every day or something.

Type 1 diabetes is way beyond what you sound like having, and that's the mildest form of it. At worst you have minor issues with blood sugar crashes when you have high sugar/caffeine intake, just like 95% of the world after they pass puberty.

If you had type 1 diabetes that you were not treating, your blood sugar would not be going down in the long term. You would however be feeling increasingly thirsty, find it increasingly difficult to eat without retching, along with possibly feeling stiffness in your limbs and an increasing sense of weakness as time went on.

It's also worth stating that if you're really concerned about potential health issues you believe you may be having, you should probably see a doctor, rather than rely on the opinions of people on the forums or attempted self-diagnosis based on what you've read on the internet (I'm not saying you WERE doing this). It's much safer that way.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

At worst you have minor issues with blood sugar crashes when you have high sugar/caffeine intake, just like 95% of the world after they pass puberty.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like anything serious, but...

It's also worth stating that if you're really concerned about potential health issues you believe you may be having, you should probably see a doctor, rather than rely on the opinions of people on the forums or attempted self-diagnosis based on what you've read on the internet (I'm not saying you WERE doing this). It's much safer that way.

this is a safe way to go. If you are concerned, please consult a doctor. That is the best advice anyone can give you on this forum.

True. I did mention my diagnosis since he said he'd gone to the doc already, and nothing showed on the tests. (if he hadn't, I'd have said to go to the doctor)

Just something I thought I'd mention...

EKhp4H3DUwE

Don't ever let someone say that gaming has no effect on the real world... I've even heard (don't ask me from where, I can't tell you) that the US Air Force is looking at getting some of these for use with their next-gen hover drones...