Your favorite game villain?

I like G-Man's ambiguity, but I wouldn't trust the guy. He sounds and acts like a snake.

I don't trust him at all. He's a freak. Maybe he's not a bad guy but who knows it? He might be evil.

He didn't helped you in black mesa at the first place - he just watched your every move.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I hope HL3/Ep3 will answer more questions than create, especially about the G-Man. He started to play much bigger roles in the series after HL2 as far as I can see.

This reminds me of the Combine Advisors, excellent and yet mysterious villains. I'm currently thinking back to the awesome Advisor barn sequence in Episode 2 (keeping it ambiguous in case of spoiling it for anyone). It was brilliantly done.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

This reminds me of the Combine Advisors, excellent and yet mysterious villains. I'm currently thinking back to the awesome Advisor barn sequence in Episode 2 (keeping it ambiguous in case of spoiling it for anyone). It was brilliantly done.

Yeah, I'll never forget that...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I bet there will be more question than I can imagine, after playing HL3...

The whole alien concept Valve created for the HalfLife universe is pretty terrifying to me. The striders and advisors are the more disturbing creatures imo, the strider sounds like a computer gone nuts.

I bet there will be more question than I can imagine, after playing HL3...

Knowing Valve's penchant for mysteries, yes. Be certain of it.

The whole alien concept Valve created for the HalfLife universe is pretty terrifying to me. The striders and advisors are the more disturbing creatures imo, the strider sounds like a computer gone nuts.

Yes, he reminds me of R2D2 on steroids. The advisors are probably immensely powerful as well and could probably make your head explode like that scene in Scanners.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

The Illusive Man or The G-man.

So okay, Is the G-man really evil?

He's manipulative. Freeman is really just his puppet. At least that's how I view him.

Obviously. At the end of HalfLife Gordon has a choice between working with G-Man or dying, at the end of HalfLife 2 the G-Man chooses for Gordon instead of "giving him the illusion of free choice".

The G-Man is either above reality itself or the observable reality is limited for the common person in the HalfLife world.

The G-Man is either above reality itself or the observable reality is limited for the common person in the HalfLife world.

I am pretty sure that if he is above reality he wouldn't need Freeman to do the job for him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He abides to an even higher force, judging by his words of "agreeing to certain restrictions".

There has been lots of speculation about the G. Some people suggest 'God', some 'Government', few 'Gordon', etc.

I lean towards God, a bit less towards Government, and I think we can pretty much rule out Gordon.

Well he is never mentioned by name in game, so who knows what actually his name.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's just our favourite anonymous g-man.

That funny looking guy with briefcase... :/

I would say Gman. I know valve doesn't say his good or bad. But I feel as the episodes and game progress you get that feeling this man is evil. Yet again, you never get the feeling his good.

hes bad. in Ep 2 he is blocked by the vorts for some reason and he is mad about that. and the time where he said he "*PLUCKED* alyx from black masa for some reasons, and how it was wrong on his part for doing so"

Hes fucking evil..... thats the only way i can say it.