How Freeman's Mind Changed Half Life (For Me)

When I play the Half Life series now, any thinking about is going on in the game comes to my mind in Ross' voice. I literally have his voice stuck in my brain. God damn you Ross, *god damn youuu*!

When I play the Half Life series now, any thinking about is going on in the game comes to my mind in Ross' voice. I literally have his voice stuck in my brain. God damn you Ross, *god damn youuu*!

Heck, I never got past the test chamber until I saw Freeman's Mind and used the broken scanner... lol

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

LOL! When I start playing Black Mesa (if/when it comes out) I'm definitely going to have Ross' voice stuck in my head on all the parts I remember laughing at (the entire game) LOL

I really hope he does hl2! It's starting to really feel like an adventure

I know, I can't help but smile while playing it now because of all the quotes in my head. So I suppose he has actually made it even more enjoyable now.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Heh, I've played all the Half-Life games more times than I care to count before he ever even made Freeman's Mind so it hasn't really gone too far amidst my ordinary playing time, as far as I'm aware. It has a little bit, certainly, but the historic foundations of such an old game that I've known since childhood is hard to break through. Then again, I have watched an unhealthy amount of his Freeman's Minds so I'm kind of surprised it hasn't already buried a deep scar in my mindset.

Who knows, maybe it has? I haven't played in a while.

It went a bit further for me, but not with Ross' voice specifically. Now, in almost every first person game I play, I imagine the protagonist's voice, as if I were making a funny video. The worst part is that sometimes I think of some nice jokes, too bad no one else is hearing my thoughts, and I tend to forget them a few minutes later.

I know, I can't help but smile while playing it now because of all the quotes in my head. So I suppose he has actually made it even more enjoyable now.

I have the same, even during playing other games.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I was actually introduced to Half-Life though Freeman's Mind, so before I even played the game I watched it and now that I have had it for awhile I'm very glad I found FM. Thanks Ross for introducing me to Half-Life!

Every time I replay HL:S I end up giggling whenever I reach a part that had a particularly funny line in FM. Usually I get funny looks.

"They just died, why are you laughing?"

Well, I've only played Half-Life 2, so I'm using Freeman's mind for two things: 1. To laugh at. 2. To see what the first Half-Life is like.

Honestly, I prefer HL1... It may not have as good GFX, but I think the story + gameplay are better.

Well, I've only played Half-Life 2, so I'm using Freeman's mind for two things: 1. To laugh at. 2. To see what the first Half-Life is like.

Honestly, I prefer HL1... It may not have as good GFX, but I think the story + gameplay are better.

Me too. Ans Freeman is so alone there, without annoying Alyx

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Freeman's Minc introduced Half Life to me. I wasn't even looking for it. I was just browsing Machinima's videos on YouTube and noticed the abundant amount of episodes. And the rest is history...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I actually play all my games as if I'm in a mind series now, it enhances my experience. I've actually been wanting to start my own Mind series with Heart of Evil: Source for some time now.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I actually play all my games as if I'm in a mind series now, it enhances my experience. I've actually been wanting to start my own Mind series with Heart of Evil: Source for some time now.

Go for it. I would love to see more Mind series.

My main worry is voice acting, I have a real timid and quiet voice in real life, because if I raise it too high it gets higher in pitch and sounds really high. I think I got it from years of playing Saxophone....

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

? I don't think playing a musical instrument can do that to you. There has been no effect on my voice from playing the trombone...at least not yet. But hey, maybe if you can find a friend who has a voice that you think suits better while you write the script.

There has been no effect on my voice from playing the trombone...at least not yet.

Your lips will be different, believe me on that.

? I don't think playing a musical instrument can do that to you. There has been no effect on my voice from playing the trombone...at least not yet. But hey, maybe if you can find a friend who has a voice that you think suits better while you write the script.

Ha, I was kidding about the saxophone thing. Because saxophone is awesome.

But I probably won't, I'm a lazy shit and would never get anything done.