Mass Effect: Thread

Chuck, it probably took me way too long to realize you're Bullseye. Good to see ya! I wonder who else changed their name while I was gone.

So it turns out Bioware is going to modify (or clarify) the ending. While I believe it does require some work to properly finish the trilogy, I don't know if this is a good or bad thing in the big scheme of things. Thoughts?

Handing creative control over to an angry internet mob? Sure, great precedent to set. But hey, the fans deserve it, seeing as how they've been so pleasant about this whole thing >_>

Heh, the upside is that if anyone can hash out short-order endings and make them good, Bioware's got the best chance of being that.

And your avatar... what is she planning...

Critisism is not entitlement. I know it's a fun buzzword to use but you're still wrong.

No one's arguing that it is. Demanding a new ending is entitlement, and it's the backbone of the retake ME3 movement. So it's actually you who is wrong.

So was the Call for Communication group a bunch of entitled gamers too?

Retake ME3 is a group of idiots but you're bunching everyone that dislikes the ending in the same group.

So was the Call for Communication group a bunch of entitled gamers too?

Retake ME3 is a group of idiots but you're bunching everyone that dislikes the ending in the same group.

I don't know what Call for Communication is but i'm sure it's terribly relevant.

Retake ME3 is about 50,000 people who think Bioware owes them free ending-altering DLC. I'm not bunching anyone into any group, I'm talking about groups that have already bunched themselves. If people who dislike the game aren't demanding a new ending, then you can safely assume I'm not accusing them of self-entitlement. Looking at my intial post that you responded to, I even specified that I was talking about people demanding a new ending.

I was responding to you leaving a dumb PA comic and calling anyone who wanted a new ending a "whiner". It annoyed me because it's the same crap that Biodrones pull to defend day 1 DLC.

I was responding to you leaving a dumb PA comic and calling anyone who wanted a new ending a "whiner". It annoyed me because it's the same crap that Biodrones pull to defend day 1 DLC.

The PA comic being dumb is a matter of opinion, but contrary to your response, there actually are a lot of people demanding a happier ending. It's a strawman, but it's a clever one that is relevant to a subsect of the retake ME3 movement. Not all of them, but some. Furthermore, I accused the people demanding a new ending of whining. Because they are.

Chuck, it probably took me way too long to realize you're Bullseye. Good to see ya! I wonder who else changed their name while I was gone.

Yeah, I just changed it less than a week ago... lol

And I agree that the ending was not, I repeat, NOT BAD AT ALL! I rather enjoyed it. The only parts I disliked (and their severity) were:

1. How did my team get back onto the Normandy? (severity: low, mostly a WTF moment)

2. Why is the Normandy the only ship in hyperspace? (severity: almost none)

3. The painfully long, pointlessly slow hobbling through the Citadel, and Catalyst choice. (severity: moderate)

4. When did the Normandy get the chance to disengage the Reapers long enough to jump to hyperspace? (severity: low)

5. How the hell did the Normandy manage to crash land safely on a garden planet? (severity: low)

6. Had to wait through the entire credits just to hear Buzz Aldrin. (severity: low, I want to be able to skip the credits)

7. The part with Buzz Aldrin wasn't long enough. (severity: low)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Less than a week? I thought I had been seeing you around as BTG since I got back. That explains it then.

Actually I did skip the credits and still got the scene with Buzz Aldrin.

Less than a week? I thought I had been seeing you around as BTG since I got back. That explains it then.

Actually I did skip the credits and still got the scene with Buzz Aldrin.

Yup. lol

Mine skipped the end part when I skipped the credits... Maybe I accidentally double-tapped...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Ah the double-tap. Important when killing zombies, the cause of a lot of missed dialogue for me in Mass Effect games.

The only parts I disliked (and their severity) were:

1. How did my team get back onto the Normandy? (severity: low, mostly a WTF moment)

2. Why is the Normandy the only ship in hyperspace? (severity: almost none)

3. The painfully long, pointlessly slow hobbling through the Citadel, and Catalyst choice. (severity: moderate)

4. When did the Normandy get the chance to disengage the Reapers long enough to jump to hyperspace? (severity: low)

5. How the hell did the Normandy manage to crash land safely on a garden planet? (severity: low)

6. Had to wait through the entire credits just to hear Buzz Aldrin. (severity: low, I want to be able to skip the credits)

7. The part with Buzz Aldrin wasn't long enough. (severity: low)

You forgot one, as I pointed out here:

The fact that all Mass Relays are destroyed and it is established as canon that such an explosion will wipe out an entire solar system. Can be worked around though, saying it was a "different" kind of energy wave.

Anyway, here's another awesome video.

oSb7lxVn7Gk

PS. This is off-topic, but the fact that YouTube doesn't allow you to choose the frame you want as thumbnail (unless you're a partner or something like that) is really annoying.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc