Black Mesa Source

Keep it normal source or Black Mesa Source?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it normal source or Black Mesa Source?

• Half Life Source
    • Black Mesa Source
    • Don't care

Apparently, FM is going to be changed from source to Black Mesa source. If you do this Ross, I am never watching FM again. This is because the style of the normal HL source is much better, and changing it into a crappy new source with unmemorable and crappy sounds make it all worse and it will seem too different. Also, why is it being changed (if it IS)? Just keep it normal HL. The more classic, the better.

''Oh, god, my profile name is real mature''

I really don't care how it *will* be looks. I just want Ross making more of Freeman's Mind episodes. As long he's doing it funny, it's good

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

This is because the style of the normal HL source is much better [...] and changing it into a crappy new source with unmemorable and crappy sounds

Until you have actually played Black Mesa this is just pulling facts out of your butt.

The more classic, the better.

Presenting this opinion as a fact is alarmingly ignorant, especially considering Ross has never played through classic HalfLife while recording FM, there is nothing "classic" about HalfLife: Source.

And I would like to remind/inform you that Black Mesa dropped the Source name a good while ago due to a complaint from Valve. You do not seem to understand the 'Source' naming scheme in general.

Watch the trailers and clips of BM dur. And HLS is still a classic anyway, more classic than the look of BM. And who cares if it isn't called source anymore? Wooow, who cares?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

''Oh, god, my profile name is real mature''

I do not know yet tbh. Would be cool to have like a test episode to see how it looks. But even if I'd rather see it in Half life source it wouldn't be a reason to stop watching.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And HLS is still a classic anyway, more classic

There is no such thing as more or less classic, either something is classic or it is not. HalfLife: Source is not a classic, the original game is, which Ross is not using for the FM series. HalfLife: Source will always be the mediocre done-quick upgrade job to the classic game, especially when we will have BM to compare it to.

Creating facts from thin air or several years old videos and using unfunny internet memes is not going to magically make you credible, why not just say that you prefer the classic look of the game world over what you have seen of BM's re-imagination in recent media? That is actually a valid point and I'm sure you are not the only one who feels that way. I for one don't care either way, I will watch FM whether it switches to BM or continues in HL:S, both games interest me.

And you can breathe normally for now, there is no sign of BM's release yet while Ross is getting very close to the KO part of the game.

I am looking forward to Black Mesa eagerly but i think Freemans Mind should stay in HL:S. If Ross were to start using BM then i think he should start the series over because of all the new graphics.

You're not allowed in here anymore. >:o

I voted for it to stay in HL:S though! By saying that i would only like it to be in Black Mesa if it was redone, i meant to imply that it would be better if he just kept it in the original format.

Apparently, FM is going to be changed from source to Black Mesa source.

Where on Earth did you hear that? O_o

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Ross said in one news item that he may possibly switch over to BM if it will be released by the time he reaches the KO part of the game (where you get knocked out and lose all your guns).

Ross said in one news item that he may possibly switch over to BM if it will be released by the time he reaches the KO part of the game (where you get knocked out and lose all your guns).

I think this discussion is really just and academic exercise. Black Mesa is vaporware at it's best

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

If you said that over at the BM forums you would get permabanned before you could finish saying the word vapourware.

If BM ever gets released, I'll eat my hat... well, not really, but I will chew on it vigorously and then post the masticated result here.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I am 99% sure it will. They recently updated their front page with some media, and the soundtrack went gold last month. The developers plan to release the soundtrack a few weeks before the mod itself.

You don't throw away 6 years of hard work, together the team has spent thousands upon thousands of hours working on it.

I don't know. If the Freeman's Mind series moved over to Black Mesa, I wouldn't mind, but it would take some getting used to. No matter how similar everything else will be, it just wouldn't be the same. That's probably just me though.

I vote it stays in HL:S.

This is because the style of the normal HL source is much better [...] and changing it into a crappy new source with unmemorable and crappy sounds

Considering this is coming from a guy named TurdFetus, I think I'll take my chances. -__-

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

If BM ever gets released, I'll eat my hat... well, not really, but I will chew on it vigorously and then post the masticated result here.

ROFL