how you found FM

A couple of years ago I found out about Gmod, It sounded cool, I heard it needed something called "sorze gamez" so I checked google for source games and I found out about valve from there 2 games immediatley caught my attention half life 2 and portal. in my craze of how awesome these games looked I spammed google with "HALF LIFE!!!!!!!!" in that crazy-ness I found FM. The End.

A couple of years ago I found out about Gmod, It sounded cool, I heard it needed something called "sorze gamez" so I checked google for source games and I found out about valve from there 2 games immediatley caught my attention half life 2 and portal. in my craze of how awesome these games looked I spammed google with "HALF LIFE!!!!!!!!" in that crazy-ness I found FM. The End.

Doesn't sound that crazy when you think about it. All of those things are related.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

didn't think this thread would go this well, also suprised that it hadn't been done before

for all those people who found fm through cp or half life in 60 seconds, i did the complete reverse of this, i found them through fm.

the anime one was... yeah...

anyway... sorry for not posting sooner, its just... you know, it doesn't matter.

I just went into Youtube. I wasn't even logged in but episode one was totally in the umm...highlights section I think? Sorry, my youtube is in spanish and it says "Destacados" which translates roughly as highlights, as "highlight of the day" or something. So, I was just really lucky, because I've never seen it there again and I had never searched for Half Life videos up to that moment.

I found out about freeman's mind through a twitter post by Yahtzee (the guy who does zero punctuation on the escapist). He had said he just got done re-watching all the episodes and that he could never play HL without Ross's voice in his head. I was playing HL2 at the time so I did a search and have been hooked since.

I just went into Youtube. I wasn't even logged in but episode one was totally in the umm...highlights section I think? Sorry, my youtube is in spanish and it says "Destacados" which translates roughly as highlights, as "highlight of the day" or something. So, I was just really lucky, because I've never seen it there again and I had never searched for Half Life videos up to that moment.

thanks for the spanish, i really need to learn more, what with living in spain and all

I found it while reading a blog called 1Fort (that blog is dead now) and I think it was during the time Chris (guy who made Concerned) was still promising to make a Team Fortress 2 comic when he suddenly started posting about a new series he found called Freeman's Mind and the rest is history.

yeah, off topic, ALYXX'S REP IS 100!!!

well fuck...

but thanks for posting, all of you

I was searching around for some Half-Life videos, can't remember exactly why. I saw FM somewhere. and, if finding a new series, I always look for the first episode. I watched it, and laughed my arse off. I watched the entire series, it was in the 21-25 range then I believe. Getting a little off-topic, I found Civil Protection after I finished watching Freeman's Mind.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

I was subscribed to Machinima and saw the 9th or so episode released. Thought, "Meh, I have time to kill, let's start at episode one..."

It was in the middle of the night and my laughter woke everyone up. They thought I was insane.

Well, here is my story:

I had been hearing a lot that about half life being the best PC game out. And since I wanted to get more in to PC gaming, I looked it up. That's how I found FM, and that got me interested in HL, which then lead me to other Valve games. And now I love everything Valve.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was watching a lets play, I had always wanted to play Half Life, and the guy in the lets play mentioned Freeman's Mind.

Looked it up and boom. So here we are. I Love the show, and I love Half Life. :D

yeah, off topic, ALYXX'S REP IS 100!!!

well fuck...

but thanks for posting, all of you

OH NOEZ THE WURLD GONNA BLOW UP KABOOM KABOOM

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I have no clue how or why I started watching Freeman's mind. I don't remember for some reason.

I'm just glad I did.

it was the end result of a pretty spectacular tangent.

I started out looking for video's on the "mega tank" in Red Faction Guerrilla. In the suggestions box was some kinda music video with red faction. wasn't impressive at all so I left after 15 secs on some death compilation video in the game, then a death compilation video in Dead Space, to an audio commentary of deadspace, to something called Dead Space Diaries which is similar to Freeman's Mind in that it's from the perspective of Isaac Clark in the first one.

One of the comments on the video was "freeman's mind is funnier." I thought this guy's attitude was a bit annoying, but then I thought to myself "freeman, huh? Half Life?" so I looked it up on youtube. That's how I found it.

Oh and he was right. It is funnier. Dead Space Diaries has it's funny moments but it seems like he's forcing some of his jokes at times.

Retired Forum Moderator

I actually found it by reading a tweet from Yahtzee Croshaw (the guy who makes Zero Punctuation) and he said he really enjoyed this show called Freeman's Mind and how he wish there were more shows like it. I got curious and looked it up on Youtube. Got hooked the minute I started watching. I think it was back in January 2010, so ep. 23 was the latest.

I actually found it by reading a tweet from Yahtzee Croshaw (the guy who makes Zero Punctuation) and he said he really enjoyed this show called Freeman's Mind and how he wish there were more shows like it. I got curious and looked it up on Youtube. Got hooked the minute I started watching. I think it was back in January 2010, so ep. 23 was the latest.

Yeah, I hear that guy's a fan of the show, which is really cool since he has a lot of watchers himself from what I understand.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I was watching some machinima at the public library and found it.

That's about as much as I can remember.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.