Last Game You Played

Section 8: Prejudice. Somewhat derivative, but the jetpack and super-sprint are things modern shooters have been needing for a while. That and it's lighthearted, with the super huge space marines acting friendly and jokingly around each other rather than "Grrrrrrrrrrrr. We're in spaaaaaccceee. And we're marrriiinnnnesss."

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Was playing Killzone 3 on veteran difficulty. A lot of fun. I got a ps move navigation controller for christmas, so I don't have to use the left side of the dualshock when playing shooters anymore. It's been a while since I played KZ3, so I had to rejigger the options for the move controls. This time I set the deadzone completely off and turned off all aim assistance. I also set motion sensitivity to make the hand movement very subtle to control the cursor. Makes the games extremely smooth to control.

Skyrim. Fought my first random dragon. It sucked, overall. Just spammed Firebolts when it came by and whacked ti with Bound Swords as a finisher.

I got the Bulletstorm demo because after watching some gameplay I decided the game actually looks quite fun. But then I booted it up- GFWL, missing textures everywhere and then a crash. I boot it up again, crash on startup. Nice first impressions PCF.

So I re-download it. Exact same issues, I decide to just give the PS3 demo a go to check out the gameplay. Apparently PCF decided that aiming was too hardcore for the console version because if you iron sight it literally locks on and follows the person in front of you. Needless to say, a lost sale. Very unimpressive.

Disappointing considering these are the guys that made Painkiller.

I got the Bulletstorm demo because after watching some gameplay I decided the game actually looks quite fun. But then I booted it up- GFWL, missing textures everywhere and then a crash. I boot it up again, crash on startup. Nice first impressions PCF.

So I re-download it. Exact same issues, I decide to just give the PS3 demo a go to check out the gameplay. Apparently PCF decided that aiming was too hardcore for the console version because if you iron sight it literally locks on and follows the person in front of you. Needless to say, a lost sale. Very unimpressive.

Disappointing considering these are the guys that made Painkiller.

Sorry to hear that. I quite enjoy the game myself and actually bought it on a whim.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

From what I played on PS3 I can assume that it would have been really fun. But having GFWL on it coupled with missing textures after two installs I'm going to leave it until it goes on sale for around $10.

I feel Yahtzee described Bulletstorm's gameplay best in that it's the spirit of old-school shooters squeezed through the filter of modern games and ideals. A fairly fun experience, but feels far to restricted in level design to realize the potential of the Skill-Shot system.

GfWL never bothered me at all.

It bothers me so much. The amount of time it takes to get a game patched and working usually means I have to plan 30 minutes until I can play the game. Not only that, but it has lost my saves before, and it won't let me save or load at all unless I'm signed in to GFWL on top of Steam usually.

GfWL never bothered me at all.

It bothers me so much. The amount of time it takes to get a game patched and working usually means I have to plan 30 minutes until I can play the game. Not only that, but it has lost my saves before, and it won't let me save or load at all unless I'm signed in to GFWL on top of Steam usually.

I guess I just don't mind that, people are different. I just focus on the game.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

terraria. Built my huge-ass house now I need to fill it. Maybe I should go for making new bad-ass weapons instead. :P

Retired Forum Moderator