What video series introduced you to Machinima?

Sign in to follow this  

Originally RedvsBlue, but I had no idea it was under the genre machinima or even what machinima was. It was just a funny video game series.

To the Machinima youtube channel it was Arby and the Cheef. I thought it was some Arbys advertisement scam, and I saw it so much on the side of youtube channels or the homepage that I finally watched an episode, and soon watched them all.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I thought it was some Arbys advertisement scam
Nice :lol:

It was FM for me. A friend showed me and the rest is, something I've already posted in another thread :P

The Leet World and Counter Strike for Kids. found randomly while lookin for CSS skins

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

I watched Seal of Nihaara or something which is a Quake machinima and I watched it in the game. It was pretty long and had tons of dialogue, all recorded by one guy. That was what got me interested in it to begin with. Then I watched Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection and was hooked.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Wow, that's an ancient starting point, Alyxx, old wise one. I had nothing so early, but I was around for some the first fan-made Half-Life 2 videos. And then Garry's Mod came online and I was hooked by one or two particularly nicely story-summarized-music-ish-edited videos which had just left an impression, leading to Red VS Blue.

Then I saw Civil Protection: Friday...

I thought it was some Arbys advertisement scam

How Did you know about those? :shifty: Not like it's secretly funding a vast enterprise with the goal of total conquest of human criminalization because that would be insane. Note to self: send Sniper-Fairy to eliminate target...

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Red vs. Blue, tried to see if there was anything of Half Life machinima, found Combine Nation, wasn't long before I discovered both LitFuse Films, Civil Protection and Christopher C. Livingston's Concerned.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I stopped watched a season or two or RvB back when they wee first making them during halo 1/2, but that never took me to machinima. To be completely honest, I found it through Freeman's Mind. And yet more honesty, FM and Arby 'N the Chief are the only machinima productions I watch.

Probably the first 'Machinima' I ever saw was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scspk-zREag by the Sir Community in Battlefield 2. It's not really a proper machinima film because it doesn't have any sort of story to it, it's just a stunts montage but it was the first time I had ever seen a film made in a game engine that didn't use the default player camera.

The Sir Community made a few other films as well, probably the best one is their Top Gear parody video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slODrOoBfVo

Red vs Blue. I saw the first episode, but didn't get it was a series. Couple years later I realized my mistake and sat through the whole series. I figured there was HalfLife machinima later, after I had read Concerned and such, but it never looked too good until I found FM.

Hmmm... I think it was some random machinima until I found Civil Protection and FM. I don't quite remember.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Civil Protection, Counter-Strike For Kids, and The Leet World. After The Leet World ended, I lost interest until I found Freeman's Mind. And then a friend showed me some Kitty0706 vids. I don't watch Kitty's videos unless they are his First Person Project's which are amazing.

Hi Friend.

Like you, I also did know that RvB was machinima. It was mainly JonCJG with Master Chief Sucks at Halo, and later Deus ex Machina (his series).

I miss the G-man Squad. Operation Black Mesa was obviously a success.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

The idiots of Garry's Mod or The Retards of Half Life.

I can't remember which one was first but they were both good IMO.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

I saw little things here and there hosted by machinima, but it was ultimately FM that actually made me heed any kind of attention towards there existence. :x

Retired Forum Moderator

Like you, I also did know that RvB was machinima. It was mainly JonCJG with Master Chief Sucks at Halo, and later Deus ex Machina (his series).

Deus Ex Machina was awesome. It's a shame he didn't finish the series.