Did You Know...

Sign in to follow this  

Did you know that designs existed for trains with more than 12 drive wheels?

They were usually not built because steam would cool before it could reach the driving pistons, as well as having driving sets underneath tenders would mean tractive effort would progressively decrease as the train drove, because fuel would be consumed and therefore make the tenders lighter.

biggerboy.gif

Subtitle in a Belgian Engineering Textbook: "Calm yourselves. These locomotives are wholly imaginary, and not (I hope) serious projects." by S. Berliner III.

In whyte notation, this locomotive would have the arrangement of a 4-8-8+4-8-8-4+8-8-4 or 4 trail wheels, two sets of 8 driving wheels, a Mallet-type articulation, 4 more trail wheels, two more sets of 8 driving wheels, 4 guide wheels, another mallet articulation and another two sets of 8 driving wheels and a final set of 4 guide wheels.

Yo dawg, I heard you like wheels.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Did you know there is an almost unheard of Chinese proverb that says: "Put more gunpowder in rocket, then it blows off head instead of hand."

Did you know there is a related American saying: "The bigger and more expensive it is, the cooler it looks when it explodes."

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Did you know that the Gulf of Mexico has almost returned to it's pre-spill health levels?

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Gasses that are heavier than water will not sink or generate downward bubbles because even though they displace more mass, all gasses have densities lower than liquids.

Did you know that you forgot to type "Did you know"?

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Gasses that are heavier than water will not sink or generate downward bubbles because even though they displace more mass, all gasses have densities lower than liquids.

Did you know that Blue is incorrect and presumptuous?

Did you know that you're a fine one to talk when you discredit the entire Adobe team for a lark.

Did you know, I've been downloading L4D 2 all day but steams crappy servers still have 2 hours to go?

Retired Forum Moderator

Did you know that you're a fine one to talk when you discredit the entire Adobe team for a lark.

Did you know that I never received any passerine birds of the family Alaudidae as compensation for my actions in the "The Presidential Election Photoshop Challenge!" topic?

Did you know that an idiom is not synonymous with idiot?

Did you know that I hate you all unless you give me more -rep?

Also, did you know I have -150 rep right now?

Did you know for... Generation III-IV

The modified catch rate, a, is calculated in Generation III and Generation IV is as follows:

Catch_formula_1.png

Where

HPmax is the number of hit points the Pokémon has at full health,

HPcurrent is the number of hit points the Pokémon has at the moment,

rate is the catch rate of the Pokémon (which may have been previously modified from the use of the Heavy Ball or Safari Zone modifiers),

bonusball is the multiplier for the Poké Ball used, and

bonusstatus is the multiplier for any status ailment the Pokémon has (2 for sleep and freeze, 1.5 for paralyze, poison and burn, and 1 otherwise).

Given this formula, the maximum value for a (if the Pokémon could have 0 HP) would be catch rate × bonusball × bonusstatus. The minimum value for a (for a Pokémon with full health) would be ⅓ × catch rate.

Or so Bulbapedia says.

Did you know that I am too, and that you're doing it wrong?

Did you know that this is how character lighting works in TF2?

illustrativerenderingin.png

(That's only about half of the discourse on that equation, but you get the idea.)

Did you know that it all makes sense to me?

It all makes much more sense if said this way:

tf2madesimple.png

And knowing is half the battle.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)