Magnum Usage?

But yeah, I really don't think it needs a place in the series since the glock has been reworked

That knowledge would break the fourth wall. We who played the game know it was amplified but not Freeman. Do you think he would take on stronger enemies like the heavily armoured, hornet-gun wielding alien grunts with a little pistol? I wouldn't.

and he already established it as the drop weapon.

At this point I think that once Freeman regains his memory he will not care about anything else than survival. That particular .357 was his drop weapon, but the next one he picks up will serve a different purpose I hope.

That episode where he goes back and forth trying to get the train car to work (and ultimately meets a concrete wall...), he sees it lying on the ground and decides not to take it for a reason i don't remember.

The .357 can't hold alot of rounds of ammo(when u pick it up) so maybe that's one reason. And the Guard was alive at time so freeman left it for him just in case of an alien/marine/barney's evil twin. came to kill him

[quote="LSD"]That episode where he goes back and forth trying to get the train car to work (and ultimately meets a concrete wall...), he sees it lying on the ground and decides not to take it for a reason i don't remember.[/quote] he leaves it for the guard, and then takes it when the guard pisses him off

Actually he gets pissed off at the guard later and takes the gun anyways. He says something about using it as a drop weapon if he murders someone. EDIT: NINJAS!

[quote="QuakeIV"]Actually he gets pissed off at the guard later and takes the gun anyways. He says something about using it as a drop weapon if he murders someone. EDIT: NINJAS![/quote] what he actually says is "that's it, I'm taking your gun from you. i can use it as a drop weapon..."

[quote="Bjossi"][quote="blightmare"]But yeah, I really don't think it needs a place in the series since the glock has been reworked[/quote] That knowledge would break the fourth wall. We who played the game know it was amplified but not Freeman. Do you think he would take on stronger enemies like the heavily armoured, hornet-gun wielding alien grunts with a little pistol? I wouldn't.[/quote] alright. but he has very often resorted to the shotgun for enemies that the hand gun seems improbable on so, I think in the long run he'd just keep up his normal trend. Don't get me wrong. not trying to find a reason why he shouldn't use it, just going off of what we've seen of his trends throughout the series.

Retired Forum Moderator

[quote="blightmare"] alright. but he has very often resorted to the shotgun for enemies that the hand gun seems improbable on so, I think in the long run he'd just keep up his normal trend. Don't get me wrong. not trying to find a reason why he shouldn't use it, just going off of what we've seen of his trends throughout the series.[/quote] Thing is, in the game, when you run into the first Alien Grunt, all you have is the pistol and revolver. I have a strong feeling it'll come into play then at least, and maybe many more times later after Gordon sees how effective it is.

[quote="Gyvon"][quote="blightmare"] alright. but he has very often resorted to the shotgun for enemies that the hand gun seems improbable on so, I think in the long run he'd just keep up his normal trend. Don't get me wrong. not trying to find a reason why he shouldn't use it, just going off of what we've seen of his trends throughout the series.[/quote] Thing is, in the game, when you run into the first Alien Grunt, all you have is the pistol and revolver. I have a strong feeling it'll come into play then at least, and maybe many more times later after Gordon sees how effective it is.[/quote] Okay well there's a reason for him to use it. :P

Retired Forum Moderator

Did anyone consider the fact that the magnum might also be boosted as well as the pistol? Just a thought.

Maybe another Call Me ____ moment? "Call me John Wayne!"

I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!

I'd laugh if he used that line.

Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!

I'd laugh if he used that line.

:lol: I could see him doing that.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

I'd like to see how he reacts to it. He'd probably shoot it and then laugh saying, "FUCK that thing almost took my arm off!" or something, and then probably never use it again until he has to (or he accidentally pulls that out instead of the glock, which would also be funny)

I think barney's mind already made that joke. That's not to say that he can't use it again.

As for the magnum, I think he'll use up the glock ammo, and will be forced to use it. that's what happened to me when I played half life.

well, he used it ONCE out of surprise towards the snot monster, whether or not he uses it intentionally later on is another issue.

Retired Forum Moderator

Well, He used the magnum in the new one, episode 37. :D I guess that ends the questioning of when he will use it.

Considering he said he felt like god using it I'd say it be getting some more usage with the more powerful foes later on.

Magnum part was sweet, he spoke my mind about the feeling of shooting with one of those things.

How many eps do you suppose will pass before Freeman reaches the Questionable Ethics chapter? That one introduces the alien grunts, which I hope for the sake of Freeman's intelligence will be dealt with with nothing less powerful than the .357 Magnum or SPAS 12.