Coordinated TF2

Sign in to follow this  

Bronies have HLDJ as well. :mrgreen:

That's what I'm affraid of :o

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

The other day I joined a server with like 15 people and it was running sooo smoothly. Everyone's ping was below 80 and the world was a great place. Then some guy with ping of 240 came on. The server was chugging along, making it impossible to play as scout. I hate it when this happens, cause it seems like the person in question is totally oblivious to the fact that they're making the game unplayable for everyone. I don't get why, when picking a server, they choose on with latency that high. Pick one nearer to you, with a low latency. :roll:

The other day I joined a server with like 15 people and it was running sooo smoothly. Everyone's ping was below 80 and the world was a great place. Then some guy with ping of 240 came on. The server was chugging along, making it impossible to play as scout. I hate it when this happens, cause it seems like the person in question is totally oblivious to the fact that they're making the game unplayable for everyone. I don't get why, when picking a server, they choose on with latency that high. Pick one nearer to you, with a low latency. :roll:
I'm afraid many users from the forums have an average ping of 250-300. (Lord Sinister lives in the UK, Jek Jek Tar/Figunaye lives in Poland, Kirkreng lives in the Netherlands, Axeldeath lives in New Zealand. So far away :() The lag usually isn't that bad though, so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe.

And yes, I am stalkzor!!11 :twisted:

I know your school, your Facebook page, your location and your full name. I am teh RL stalkzorz!!11
The sad thing is he actually tried to spell that correctly and is a stalker in real life. :(

I'm afraid many users from the forums have an average ping of 250-300. (Lord Sinister lives in the UK, Jek Jek Tar/Figunaye lives in Poland, Kirkreng lives in the Netherlands, Axeldeath lives in New Zealand. So far away :() The lag usually isn't that bad though, so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe.

And yes, I am stalkzor!!11 :twisted:

Ping isn't constant. If a user in UK joins a UK server, their ping will be fine. I remember I accidentally joined a game on an Australian server and my ping was awful.

One person who is lagging should not cause lag for the entire server (although you will see their lag you should be unaffected).

Yeah but we all want to play on the same server :/

Indeed. I'm guessing most people on Accursed Farms are US based, so the US-based TF2 server makes sense there. When I've played on it I can just about live with the high ping. :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I think it would make sense to have UK server, it's in between US and Ukraine and I am being selfish now.... :mrgreen:

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Well I do pay for a UK-based TF2 server, but I've never posted the IP in case it was considered shameless advertising. :3

Plus as BTG had his server around first, I didn't want to just barge in along the lines of 'Oh hey, and I've got MY server as well if you're closer to the UK than the US' as to me that just felt more than a bit rude. :P

Well okay I wouldn't have phrased it quite like that but you probably get the idea. :)

I really have a problem with bad ping when sniping. Because then you have to be on target. With a shotgun,flamethrower or rocketlauncher it doesn't matter that much.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well I do pay for a UK-based TF2 server, but I've never posted the IP in case it was considered shameless advertising. :3

Plus as BTG had his server around first, I didn't want to just barge in along the lines of 'Oh hey, and I've got MY server as well if you're closer to the UK than the US' as to me that just felt more than a bit rude. :P

Well okay I wouldn't have phrased it quite like that but you probably get the idea. :)

Post it! If we can get better pings for future get togethers, all the better for everyone. (my pings will suck like no one else's, but that's no biggie)

Besides, in a couple weeks my server may end up having to be offline for a year or more...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I really have a problem with bad ping when sniping. Because then you have to be on target. With a shotgun,flamethrower or rocketlauncher it doesn't matter that much.

Exactly, classes like Scout or Sniper are really affected. As scout, you're moving so quickly, that the instant your crosshairs line up on your target is very small.

Playing Soldier with a bad ping is harder than you might think. I believe your cl_interp shoots up like crazy. Engie is a good class to play if your ping's not good since Sentries are server side and not client side... or something like that.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Post it! If we can get better pings for future get togethers, all the better for everyone. (my pings will suck like no one else's, but that's no biggie)

Besides, in a couple weeks my server may end up having to be offline for a year or more...

Alrighty then, here's my server IP: 85.236.101.33:27315

Quick-join link:

steam://connect/85.236.101.33:27315

It's only got 16 slots as that seems to work out nicely and I don't have oodles of money to pay for more.

RTD randomly gets enabled sometimes, but it's not perma-enabled. There's a map rotation I put together to keep things varied. Hope people enjoy it. :)

My favorite kind of servers have dozens of varied maps and enable voting so the players can choose the one they want.

LordSinister, your server has good ping (around 100 for me) but....

funny-dog-pictures-alone-street-rain-storm-waiting.jpg

My point is it was empty when I was there!

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."