Favorite gaming magazines?

What are your favorite gaming magazines?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite gaming magazines?

• EGM
    • PC Gamer
    • P:TOM
    • Gamepro
    • OXM
    • Nintendo Power
    • Game Informer
    • Other (Please explain.)

Sign in to follow this  

What are your favorite gaming magazines?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

I got a free subscription to GameInformer a long time ago. It didn't seem to have anything more than free news sites like IGN, and the sites are a constant source, not weekly or monthly.

PC Gamer UK, I'm actually subscribed to them. I enjoy reading it. :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I like PC Gamer the most probably, but the PC fanboyism that goes on in that mag is ridiculous.

I have to say I've not noticed a lot of PC fanboyism/elitism in the UK version of PC Gamer, aside from it being focused on PC gaming (what with it being PC Gamer and all :P ).

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I used to get Game Informer, and Nintendo Power.. but I don't really read game magazines anymore. I just get info off the internet..

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

The only gaming magazine I've read was PC Gamer. Wasn't saying anything important about anything.

PC Magazine (not PC Gamer) had more stuff important to a true gamer.

I don't bother reading stuff from these "gaming" magazines or sites anymore since 90% of the time I disagree with their ratings of games, and 100% of the time they tell me nothing about the game itself that I don't get from the front page of the game's website.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

GameInformer and Playstation Magazine. Not really a magazine reader to begin with but when I do it's either of those.

Retired Forum Moderator

I grew up reading "Hjemme PC" (means basically "Home PC") which is a Norwegian PC magazine. It used to have game sections and game reviews, but was overall focused on computers in general. The first real gaming mag I read was iNcite PC Games or something. The cool thing about that mag was that every issue included a free full version of a game. Was how I got exposed to Fallout 2 and MDK basically.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I used to buy Krash magazine as a child because it came with demos for PC games, that's how I found Dungeon Siege, AOE etc.

Gameinformer subscriber for a very long time now. Still have my issue 100 special edition sitting around somewhere.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I had Game Informer for a while, than they began giving good reviews to crap like Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect and then I realized all hope was lost.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."