What does your avatar mean to you?

Sign in to follow this  

Everyone has a reason why they chose their avatar. And the majority of people on this forum have a custom avatar, so I was curious about the story behind them.

Do tell!

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Thats a picture of my Character, Srake, spazzing out about Guild Wars 2.

Well, I made up the Guild Wars 2 thing.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

1. My old one broke.

2. The whole "Duke Nukem" thing was only because of my hype, and since the game is out now...

3. I love Manly Guys Doing Manly Things.

4. A guy in my TF2 clan did it for me, so of course I'm going to use it.

5. LOOK AT THAT MAN-FACE AND BECOME 20% MANLIER YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

First one: That is Eqon Sanders, my alter-ego and second personality (I'm not joking)

Second one: A stupid picture my friend had on his facebook.

Third one: Something random I found on the internet.

Fourth and current one: House music is dead, pretty self explanatory. I can put on an old Mr. Fingers record or even a song from 5 years ago and all my worries go away. Nowadays, it's all about partying. There is really nothing original any more. While I can find a few good new songs that I like, they are much less popular than before. It is something that makes me sad and I guess that is how I show it.

Hi Friend.

My friend gave it to me, but I guess you can consider it "custom" since I've never seen it anywhere on Google Images/as someone's elses avatar.

To me, it means....

*Drumroll*

rszboomheadshot.png

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

It's the only thing I could find on the internet as scary and creepy and menacing as I am.

Also, I'm a fan of Larry Niven's "Known Space" series of SF books, in which the Kzinti (a race of what are essentially 9' tall, 800-pound intelligent tigers with attitude problems) figure prominently. My avatar is a portrait of a warrior of said race.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

mine's comes from my old days making commentary videos. then i added some extra things on the way. the blue and white stripe are the colours of my country (and the king of spain), the red cross is St.George's cross (english flag) and the center with the Tudor Rose is the symbol of my clan.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

My first one, the derpy lady, was chosen because I feel as if I'm like that most of the time. Never really serious and always a tad bit off.

This current one is because I fucking love that pony. And it's cuteness sends me into convulsions of joy.

Retired Forum Moderator

None of my images were the right size so I just typed Half Life 2 into Google. I think I might change it soon.

tf2___wanka____animated_by_drsp00ky-d3a3skm.gif

Wanka!

Mine is from the Valve movie "Meet the Spy". It's because I kinda like Sniper and here he has cool face expression. I made it by mylelf so I guarantee nobody has similiar avatar.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

It's a fox, in case you don't know the difference.

I'd like to see the full image of this anthro.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Mine is based off the 2nd shield that the protagonist of the MediEvil games, Sir Daniel Fortesque, can carry.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.