Signature Removal

How do you feel about the removal of signatures?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the removal of signatures?

• I am fine with it
    • I am upset about it
    • I am indifferent

I was pretty upset about this, so I figured if I got a good sample of opinions, we might convince Ross to change it back.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I don't know if you noticed, but HLPrincess, the person I got in a 3 post argument with on the page where Ross announced the deletion of sigs, minus repped me because I kicked his/her ass in 2 mature well-written posts (I'm a hell of a debater). You should go check out the argument.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I don't know if you noticed, but HLPrincess, the person I got in a 3 post argument with on the page where Ross announced the deletion of sigs, minus repped me because I kicked his/her ass in 2 mature well-written posts (I'm a hell of a debater). You should go check out the argument.

Let me fix that.

Also known as "Username"

I'll go get the popcorn.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I'm completely fine with it personally, but I understand why people would be upset by it.

I personally am all for signature moderation if Ross can be persuaded to bring sigs back.

The sizes can be limited so that wouldn't be a problem. But there's no point in trying to bring them back.

Wait... In one day signatures got removed, then put back on. Man, I missed a lot.

Hi Friend.

Wait... In one day signatures got removed, then put back on. Man, I missed a lot.

Nope. They got removed, then brought back but with images and bbcode disabled on them.

I happen to frequent another forum where there is basically no restriction on Signatures. So some people literally upload one or more entire page from a manga/anime/tvshow/movie/ wallpaper/fanart, etc. and most often, they only post like 2 or 3 word sentences.

Text sigs, or limit image height to something pretty small. Like civil war banners or less.

Then again, do we really need sigs? we already have titles... how much forced expression do we really need?

Not very much.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

You can't put artwork in your description. I always liked seeing other people's signatures. I found them visually pleasing, not distracting. My main idea here is essentially a petition to get the sigs back.

I'm in favor of such a proposal- IF it goes alongside a mandatory dimensions restriction for pictures.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

NOOOOOOOOOO

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

i agree with Blue, IF sigs were to be allowed back, then a size restriction seems necessary. although, that involves Nagisa switching from IMG BBcode to having to upload them to AF (like we do with our avatars). in the end it's up to Ross.

That is what I was going for with size restrictions. To be honest Dashy, I have a feeling you were the fuel for a lot of the complaints. Though it would have been nice for the people to notify Mods and not Ross, you still have to watch (just thought of a dirty zinger) how big you get down there. :lol:

BTW, Bill, why'd they make you a mod?

I had the logo of my soon-to-be machinima production team.... I miss it already. Signatures with size-restricted images would be the most I would ask for, I don't like pushing my luck.