It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:09 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 am
Location: POLAND! OMG!
Reputation: -/+
I'll keep it short.

I've never played earlier Saits Row games (I'm not into gang stuff :/ )

I thought Deus Ex is the best game ever, but I've been playing Saints Row IV for a a couple of days and in the beginning I was laughing my ass off and now it's just OMG OMG OMG what am I seeing again? :shock:
It's like a drug trip, like GTA on LSD. I love versatile games on drugs, very rare :D :lol:

__________________

"There's someone here who laughs too much about everything."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
Saint's Row has always been a spoof of the GTA franchise, but after 3 it took it's own direction... Many consider it to be worse than 3, many consider it better. I personally consider both to be great games.

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:12 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:17 pm
Location: Shrapnel City
Reputation: -/+
Saints Row IV is the tits!

__________________

Alyxx' Game Room - If you care about my opinion and shit
http://alyxxgameroom.blogspot.no


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:37 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 am
Location: POLAND! OMG!
Reputation: -/+
BTGBullseye wrote:
Saint's Row has always been a spoof of the GTA franchise, but after 3 it took it's own direction... Many consider it to be worse than 3, many consider it better. I personally consider both to be great games.
I don't judge the franchise because I loved SR 4 and it's totally my style. (with some exceptions).

As Angry Joe (from Angry Joe Show said) : If you're going to toally change the game formula, you better have a god damn gaming gem! (or sth like that:) )

And it IS a gaming gem! I figure the team didin't want to stay a GTA spoof, because you can't compete with sth so huge like GTA... so they took a totally new direction and (lost some) but also gained lots of new fans :mrgreen: Including me!

I don't like gang games, I don't like lots of violence and fight for domination in a crime style, but ALIENS, TRON, MATRIX with this crazy ass dialogues and writing. HELL YEAH! aand the default character is such a HOT CAKE :mrgreen: I just can't get enough.

(In Poland, hot men are called cakes, more precise sth like "big cookie" - "ciacho" :D ) So playing with a ciacho it's a big attraction, especially that you can run around the city naked)


Of course there are elements that I'd fix or change but with everything offered in the game itself, I actually can feel the team CARED about the final result.

__________________

"There's someone here who laughs too much about everything."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:50 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
Agreed, except I don't consider the characters I make to be "hot"... (I make the character to look as close to my ideal self as I can)

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:18 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 am
Location: POLAND! OMG!
Reputation: -/+
BTGBullseye wrote:
Agreed, except I don't consider the characters I make to be "hot"... (I make the character to look as close to my ideal self as I can)

What you like :D I'm talking about the default Boss, but the truth is, if I can play as a man (which in most games is a must anyways:P) I want that guy to be hot. Additional attraction to the overall gameplay.
When I can play as a femal character ( which I choose usualy the second time) than I make her look similar to me too.

Or I even make the male character as if a male version of myself (yes I know that may sound creepy to some people) :mrgreen:

__________________

"There's someone here who laughs too much about everything."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:14 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
HLPrincess wrote:
Or I even make the male character as if a male version of myself (yes I know that may sound creepy to some people) :mrgreen:

Actually, quite common... There was a statistic I heard from a couple different psychologists that said that almost everyone at some point desires to be the opposite sex, just to know what it's like.

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:54 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 am
Location: POLAND! OMG!
Reputation: -/+
BTGBullseye wrote:
HLPrincess wrote:
Or I even make the male character as if a male version of myself (yes I know that may sound creepy to some people) :mrgreen:

Actually, quite common... There was a statistic I heard from a couple different psychologists that said that almost everyone at some point desires to be the opposite sex, just to know what it's like.

Good to know :D Thanks! For me it's even more common, as I write stories, so "being someone else" is a pretty easy ride. And "Magda Conquers" show seems to be weird gender swap, when you look at it. :roll: :mrgreen:

Aaand the game really encourages a gender-stereoatype breaking. I mean, I laughed first time I saw that the male character has ALL the hairstyles and outfits avilable... I tried running around in high-heels, it was bad-ass! Saints Ros IV doesn't discriminate anything, it feels quie liberating :)

__________________

"There's someone here who laughs too much about everything."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:26 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
*remembers female stripper outfit on my male character, and shudders*

lol

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:07 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 am
Location: POLAND! OMG!
Reputation: -/+
BTGBullseye wrote:
*remembers female stripper outfit on my male character, and shudders*

lol

:D I must admit, watching the default protagonist running, flying and beating up enemies in fancy balck dress and violet high-heels was as weird as entertaining for me :) And no reaction form the other crew memebers was even better. They should program some reactions into the game next time... like it wasn't complicated already :P

__________________

"There's someone here who laughs too much about everything."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:57 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
Female character, male voice, high-class stripper dress, all female relationships... No weirdness at all if the character reactions are to be believed.

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:17 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 am
Location: POLAND! OMG!
Reputation: -/+
BTGBullseye wrote:
Female character, male voice, high-class stripper dress, all female relationships... No weirdness at all if the character reactions are to be believed.

Told ya it's the most versatile game I've ever played. :lol: Love it!

__________________

"There's someone here who laughs too much about everything."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:06 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
From what I hear, SR2 had more options... (I have SR2, but I never installed it since it's nearly 3x the size of SR4)

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:06 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 am
Location: POLAND! OMG!
Reputation: -/+
BLAH... it came to the final Boss fight and they made the same error that too many AAA games do! It's ridicoulsly hard. :/ I'm so dissapointed...............

__________________

"There's someone here who laughs too much about everything."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
I beat it first try on hard... Didn't find it difficult at all...

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:00 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 am
Location: POLAND! OMG!
Reputation: -/+
BTGBullseye wrote:
I beat it first try on hard... Didn't find it difficult at all...

Well, game should be made for all kinds of gamers. I tend to suck at aiming in every new activity that requires good aiming. Of course games are tested not by people like moi, that's the case. Even casual difficulty feels like a frustrating chore in this one. I'll have to cheat. EDIT: The controls feel not enough responsive and reaction time of the character is a tad too slow (I had this throughout the whole game), and then they throw everything at me :( It's a closed cycle. :(

Half-Life 2 never gave me such a difficulty, neither Deus Ex and Deus Ex:HR. But I had exactly the same problem with BioShock Infinite at the end.

"Oh, but poorly aiming women are just 2% of our players, we don't need to make game playable for them :P" This is how I imagine game desigmners think. :P

__________________

"There's someone here who laughs too much about everything."


Last edited by HLPrincess on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:34 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:06 am
Location: Texas
Reputation: -/+
BTGBullseye wrote:
From what I hear, SR2 had more options... (I have SR2, but I never installed it since it's nearly 3x the size of SR4)


SR2 is poorly optimized PC and the sound quality is terrible. On top of that it's pretty much abandoned so there's not gonna be any fixes for it.

__________________

"...now there's an additional knuckle joint added on my tentacle thing."
                                                                                            -Ross Scott


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:42 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
HLPrincess wrote:
The controls feel not enough responsive and reaction time of the character is a tad too slow

Check and see if you have mouse acceleration on, and if you're using hardware mouse cursor, or software mouse cursor. (disable acceleration, enable hardware cursor)

Also might want to check on the render-ahead settings... Dropping it to 1 frame advance rendering should increase response rate. (might be listed as pre-rendered frames, or number of frames rendered in advance)

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 am
Location: POLAND! OMG!
Reputation: -/+
BTGBullseye wrote:
HLPrincess wrote:
The controls feel not enough responsive and reaction time of the character is a tad too slow

Check and see if you have mouse acceleration on, and if you're using hardware mouse cursor, or software mouse cursor. (disable acceleration, enable hardware cursor)

Also might want to check on the render-ahead settings... Dropping it to 1 frame advance rendering should increase response rate. (might be listed as pre-rendered frames, or number of frames rendered in advance)

Wow! Thanks for the advice. I managed to go through the last boss fight but it was a chore, not as the grand finale of a game like this. But I started new game with a female character now (just taking it easy now), so I'll check the settings.
I even thought that PC programming is just broken... because consoles. It's a great game despite that very broken :( fight

Username wrote:
BTGBullseye wrote:
From what I hear, SR2 had more options... (I have SR2, but I never installed it since it's nearly 3x the size of SR4)


SR2 is poorly optimized PC and the sound quality is terrible. On top of that it's pretty much abandoned so there's not gonna be any fixes for it.

Ross checked it quickly and he dropped it since the game is so bad to play. He said that gameplays feels awful, colors are bleak and sound is bad. So yeah... that's a pity :roll:

__________________

"There's someone here who laughs too much about everything."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saints Row IV
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
Well that's unfortunate... But at least that explains why it was added to one of the Humble Bundles I got.

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net