It is currently Thu May 28, 2015 12:53 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 43 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Minecraft 'Private' Server
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:33 am 

Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
BTGbullseye's Server [v1.8.x]

In order to connect, you merely have to input this address in where you would normally put an IP address for the server: btgbullseye.iamnotwhoiam.net

Please refrain from damaging other's property, or mining near other's camps. Also, do NOT steal other players items. (unmarked chests are open for all) This is an unmodified vanilla server, so don't expect to see or craft special items or anything. PVP is enabled, but please don't abuse it. The server also has an extensive skybridge with room for expansion, and convenient placement of both a Nether and End portal near the starting location. Both the Nether an End have protected entry, and the End has a safe walkway between the arrival and exit portal locations. There is also a floating pyramid above the starting area that provides all 6 possible beacon benefits at once. (50 block radius for the effects)

X-ray mod is recommended, as is Optifine. (I also recommend using the R3D.Craft texture packs with the Optifine mod, as it improves the visuals without taking you away from the Minecraft default feel)
Spoiler: show
Optifine can be downloaded from here: https://optifine.net/downloads
X-ray mod can be downloaded from here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... fine-forge
R3D.Craft texture packs (default realism and smooth realism for use with Optifine) can be found here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... ism-v0-2-2

I am frequently on this server, so if you have any questions or needs (like food or hard to find building materials) by all means talk to me. I even have some nice building locations picked out around the map, if you're interested.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Knapford [v1.8.x]

The Knapford server is running on the same IP, just add :24464 to the end of the address to connect to it. (you can have both servers on your list at the same time without issue)

It is a full (and very extensive) township built and operated by Kydure. (I just host the server) Any rules questions should be directed at Kydure, but if you follow basic rules about not destroying other players work, you should be good.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*About this edit: I have radically changed this post to make it easier to understand what you're getting yourself into when it comes to these servers.

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.

Last edited by BTGBullseye on Sun May 17, 2015 2:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Minecraft 'Private' Server
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:28 am 

Might pop in from time to time. I haven't played Minecraft in a while though.

When I do log in, if you ever see me laying down a long line of stone blocks to surround a large area, that's probably part of my long term project of building small villages. I've even made a setup once that allows for a large iron block gate that opens and closes with a lever during the day and automatically closes during night and stays shut until morning. It probably won't need that second function if the server is gonna be mostly daytime though.

Glad to hear it's also gonna be vanilla. I've tried some of the more popular servers and just didn't like how it was basically everything under the sun modded into the game. One server even wanted me to give them hours in which I would be logging in every day so I can fill a job. -.-

I type in run on sentences because I speak in run on sentences.

Steam: Blightmare

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:54 am 

I used to be a vanilla minecraft purist but that was ruined for me with one server in particular. Regardless, I probably play too much factions and need a break from that anyway. Might pop in tonight, who knows.

Scheiße

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:11 am 

Rarity wrote:
It probably won't need that second function if the server is gonna be mostly daytime though.

I would suggest building for night time, as I will be removing the day-only setting as soon as I make a "starting haven". Basically a nice small area lit by either glowstone or sea lanterns, with a fence, a chest full of stone equipment, and an ender chest. (I like to build them on every server I make)

Rarity wrote:
Glad to hear it's also gonna be vanilla. I've tried some of the more popular servers and just didn't like how it was basically everything under the sun modded into the game. One server even wanted me to give them hours in which I would be logging in every day so I can fill a job. -.-

Fuck that! This is a game, not a damn job! I wouldn't even consider that server if they weren't paying me!

Username wrote:
I used to be a vanilla minecraft purist but that was ruined for me with one server in particular. Regardless, I probably play too much factions and need a break from that anyway. Might pop in tonight, who knows.

Well, it is version 1.8.x, so it's a bit different from the last version I played... (1.6.x) Also, I don't ban for the x-ray mod. (only minimal flying though please)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:23 am 

I'm assuming this is survival and not creative. I've been recently revamping my old Minecraft town of Knapford so I would be willing to play. I may just be asking too much but would you be willing to host the map? It's only a few buildings currently with plenty of space for others. My goal for the town has always been to have other players on it and building their own creations.

The pouch is empty!
DeviantART - Steam - Youtube

Profile  Online 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:47 am 

Yes, it's SMP.

Is the map 1.8.x compatible? (I know my last world wasn't, as the server refused to run for more than 10 seconds when I tried it) If it is, I can probly set up a second server for it. (the servers have never taken more than 10% of their 2GB max limit, and take almost no CPU cycles to run)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:50 am 

It is compatible, I just recently made the new world after my HDD failure earlier this year. I'll send the latest file over PM.

The pouch is empty!

Profile  Online 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:51 am 

Ok. I'll see about hosting it...

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:19 pm 

Checked it out earlier this evening. Should be pretty interesting if we can get a bunch of people working towards something. Minecraft's changed a bit since I last played it (rabbits!?).

Initial chunk loading is pretty slow, but once that's done it's fine and doesn't seem to lag.

If we could get some sort of Accursed Farms voice server such as the Murmur one for Mumble, that'd probably aid in the teamwork.

K4_Kydure wrote:
I'm assuming this is survival and not creative. I've been recently revamping my old Minecraft town of Knapford so I would be willing to play. I may just be asking too much but would you be willing to host the map? It's only a few buildings currently with plenty of space for others. My goal for the town has always been to have other players on it and building their own creations.

You have quite the mighty tree on that map!

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:32 pm 

Bumping for the edit. Thanks for hosting!

The pouch is empty!

Profile  Online 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:34 pm 

Edited the OP to indicate the new other server Knapford, and removed the temporary IP address connection as the DDNS is working. (dynamic IPs are a pain to host servers on if you don't have a DDNS)

Also, clarification on the original server settings... I currently have it staying daylight all the time. This prevents enemies from spawning when the weather is clear. The server itself is set to easy difficulty. Flying and X-Ray mods are allowed, but I would prefer it if you refrained from using the flying whenever possible. (escaping from an enemy, etc.)

Knapford settings are set by Kydure. Flying allowed. Peaceful difficulty. Do not damage her town. If you have questions about the rules on that server, ask her. (I'm just hosting it for her)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:58 pm 

FYI: Knapford has been bumped up to Normal difficulty. Don't forget that The Tree is a free motel with beds and chest, just follow the river from the docks.

The pouch is empty!

Profile  Online 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:00 pm 

I'll give this a go later!
My only issue would be lag. X3 Which is usually my fault, being aaaall the way in Australia. Playing on US servers is bitch sometimes.
I'm confused by the DDNS stuff though.

"*reading* If you put two mirrors facing each other, what happens?
*answers* You look twice as ugly!" -Jacksfilms 2014
"Prisons serve good cheese, because prisoners love to swim erect. That's where you get good cheese!" -Jacksepticeye

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:04 pm 

Just put btgbullseye.iamnotwhoiam.net where you would normally put the IP and then add :24464 at the end of it if you want to join Knapford.

I would recommend adding both to your server list.

The pouch is empty!

Profile  Online 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:09 pm 

So helpful today Kydure! You're on a roll. X3
Thank you very much.

I've been craving to play on an SMP server that is sorta private. I want to ask, if we find ourselves on at the same time at some point, is Skype calling (Or Google Hangouts) a thing we can do? Cause that would be epic.
After watching the Minecraft Mianite series, I'm so freaking hooked to MC at the moment so I'll probably be on a lot if the lag isn't too bad.

"Prisons serve good cheese, because prisoners love to swim erect. That's where you get good cheese!" -Jacksepticeye

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:15 pm 

Lord Sinister has suggested Mumble. I would prefer it over skype.

The pouch is empty!

Profile  Online 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:41 pm 

I'm currently carving out a mountain house in Knapford. This project is probably gonna take a few days to finish so if you see it unfinished I'll be coming back to it.

As for chat, Skype would be the easiest, but getting into that call without my friend sending his call within the first second would be tricky.

I type in run on sentences because I speak in run on sentences.

Steam: Blightmare

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:51 pm 

Skype would be the easiest but I would not only want to keep my skype private I'm also often in a call with my husband and I would rather not put it on hold. Mumble is nice because not only does it have text-to speach it has bandwidth settings as well.

The pouch is empty!

Profile  Online 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:54 pm 

Ok, I have completed construction of a nearby end portal. (I didn't like having to travel over 1000 blocks just to use it) That's enough for me to call it a night.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:50 am 

Unfortunately the server is too laggy for me to play. X3
Opened a chest... three minute ago. Still hasn't opened. So I'm going to have to pass on this one. Sorry!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 43 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next